Can I use water out of my dehumidifier to make zix?

Share/Bookmark

Marty_mcfly

Rank

Total Posts: 10

August 05, 2011, 08:31 AM

Hi

Here in the uk distilled water is surprisingly hard to get hold of and is normally quite expensive. Could I use the water that collects in a small dehumidifier that I have? Surely as the water is formed from condensed moisture in the atmosphere it is sort of distilled? Any reason why this is flawed logic?
cheers
Phil

IGNORE

tonyb

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

# 1 ]

August 05, 2011, 09:46 AM

The dehumidifier water is also a filter for lots of particulates from the air including mold and bacteria and is not really a clean source of water. I would check around for more sources of distilled water or perhaps it might be called something else in the UK. Distilled water is often used as drinking water so perhaps look in areas that sell lots of varieties of drinking water.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

August 10, 2011, 08:36 PM

I think it is called something different in the U.K. I think it’s called deionized or demineralized water. You can also use rain water. But let it rain for a bit first before you begin collecting. There will be some sediment in the bottom of your collection bucket…..raindrops are made by water clinging to some particles in the air. Just skim off the water and leave the sediment behind.

Best of luck.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.