One year Mark and dermatologist day !!

Share/Bookmark

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

August 16, 2011, 06:31 AM

Hi guys this is my one year mark today,
so I went to my dermatologist who is very enthousiastic about the LLLT treatement, at first I went to see him 6 months ago and he was surprised of the results so he tells me to met with him 6 months later.

So here what it is :
about 6 months ago he saw regrowth on some part he did a trichogram to analyse the quality of the hair growing on the scalp and he found belong 11 hair, that 7 was in anagen phasis and 4 in telegen, he tolds me that it was on the good shape but not sufficient for the moment, that’s why he tolds me to see him later.

So I went to see him just today and here what it is, 5 anagen, 5 telegen so it wasn’t a so good news, he tolds me to continue this treatment but was not so enthousiastic as he could be 6 months ago.

1°) As pretopical I use 1/2 polysorbate 1/2 90° ethyl alcohol :
is half 90° alcohol is too muhc ? should I mix it with distilled water ?

2°) What do you think about my dermatologist’s analysis ? Altought he told me this I can see many vellous hair who crossed my frontline to the bottom and beginning to be terminal hair but on the same hand my hair on vertex stills very very dry and electric very hard to style ?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

August 16, 2011, 08:18 PM

I really don’t know if you can put much stock in your dermatologist’s analysis. When you regrow hair you usually start off doing pretty well but the results almost always taper off. Usually the most hair you’ll regrow comes at around the 18 month mark. That’s why I try to tell people to focus mainly on stopping further hair loss. That is a victory in and of itself.

As far as your pretopical I don’t see anything in there that would cause you to lose hair. Contrary to popular belief alcohol is a follicle friendly substance. We have data to support that. Furthermore when upjohn originally came out with topical minoxidil…..it contained alcohol and continues to contain alcohol to this day. If there was any data to support that alcohol caused hair loss do you think upjohn would have used it in their formula?

The only problem with alcohol is that it can dry your hair and scalp out. This can be compensated for. But I’m hard pressed to think of another substance that has been so thoroughly tested on hair loss sufferers.

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 2 ]

August 16, 2011, 08:20 PM

Ok, so as I stated to my doctor “let’s wait and see in 6 months”.

Still making the same routine I think I’m on the right way plus sooner pulsed lasers smile

Thanks for reply

IGNORE

WinterHeart

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 3 ]

August 17, 2011, 06:53 AM

I’m at 1 year as well (or actually 13 months I think), and to be perfectly honest, I’m a little underwhelmed by the regrowth so far.

I definitely have some new, very dark and very thick hairs in my hair line. They’re short, so I know they haven’t been there for a very long time. Plus, because of the color, they really stand out compared to other hairs. So yeah, I’ve definitely seen a bit of regrowth.

However, in the last couple of months, for some reason I’m shedding quite a lot, and I’m not really sure why because I didn’t really change anything in my regimen (helmet 3 times a week + the immortal hair vitamins (although in slightly lesser quantities than what the site recommends)).

There was a problem with my helmet a couple of months ago, where the entire right side was a lot dimmer than the left, but I figured it out and fixed it (it was due to some bad connections inside the cords of the power supply, the part that connects with the helmet’s cords). I’m not sure how long it was like that before I noticed it, but it couldn’t have been more than 1 month. It may or may not have had a negative effect on my hair.

My guess is that the shedding occurs because right now the weather is really hot, which I can’t do anything about.. but I also suspect that it could be due to my hair being pretty long at the moment…
Anybody know if long hair styles promote hair loss? I know OMG’s is pretty long, but his was a transplant, so you’d expect it to be stronger than usual, but I’m talking about hair that hasn’t been transplanted. It would make sense, if because it’s longer, it’s also heavier, and the follicles would have more difficulty holding it in place.

Anyway, I suppose there’s nothing else to do but keep going doing what I’m doing; perhaps when the weather gets cooler again, the shedding will stop, as it did last year.
(I remember that around October-November-December, it had stopped completely. Perhaps this year, this is when real, obvious regrowth will occur?).

I remember going through phases like this in the past year: sometimes I had huge doubt as to whether it was working or not, and at other times I looked at my hair line and went “fuck yeah this is working for sure baby”.
Hopefully it’ll get better soon.

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 4 ]

August 17, 2011, 07:50 AM

Yep I’m on the same way like you, I mean I have long hair as OMG has.
About the shedding I think we all have periods and we have to do with that.

I think we are on the good way and has I could read many times, shedding occurs when vellous hair falls to terminals.

For me (having long hair) I can see that the hair falling is on the major way small, like 3 to 5 cms (1 to 2 inches), is it a sign of future terminal hair growing ? I think so, I hope so smile

IGNORE

WinterHeart

RankRank

# 5 ]

August 17, 2011, 06:34 PM

Yeah, if I look at my short dark hairs in my hair line, it seems like I had a growth spurt about 2 or 3 months ago. And I remember that I had an episode of shedding just before that.
So maybe it’ll be the same this time, and I’ll get another batch of new hairs soon. I really hope so, because it this rate there won’t be anything left before the new ones start coming in! (although in all honesty, the loss doesn’t show at all)

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 6 ]

August 17, 2011, 06:43 PM

It takes a long time because of the hair cycle that takes month.
What about hair you got on vertex ? Mine is still dry and electric I wen to the hairdresser the other day and he tolds me that my hair was very very damaged, it is impossible for me to style it normally, just style it wait 1 hour an my hair is like I put my fingers on a electrical outlet !!!
What about you ?

IGNORE

WinterHeart

RankRank

# 7 ]

August 17, 2011, 07:22 PM

My only problem is the frontal hair line, which I would say is about equivalent to norwood 2 right now…
Not really so bad, so I can’t complain about how it actually looks now… but it’s been getting steadily worse over the years, so I’d like it to stop, you know? Because if I don’t do anything right now, who knows what it would look like in 5 years.

I’ve never had any problems with the top of my head or anywhere else though… in fact, the sides and the back are TOO thick, and sometimes that looks really goofy if I don’t flatten it with an iron. I’d love to be able to afford a transplant, not just to get my hairline back to how it was when I was 18, but also, just to take some extra hair off the sides!

Hell, I bet if I was bald all the way to the top, I’d have enough donor hair to cover everything with a very decent density. It sucks that it’s so expensive though.

I guess the key is to have a helmet that covers your danger areas… mine is definitely the front, but my helmet covers all the way to the top (the standard 300 diodes design) and a little bit of the back which I’ve added myself (because you never know what the future holds)

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 8 ]

August 17, 2011, 07:26 PM

Yep i Have already the 300 diodes model I have to wait and see now,  I think that cosmetically results take much time to see for long hair than shorter

IGNORE

WinterHeart

RankRank

# 9 ]

August 18, 2011, 12:13 AM

Yeah I guess so, because the new, shorter hairs need to catch up to the longer ones.
But with long hair, it’s easier to search for the new regrowth if you take a close look at your hair line :D

IGNORE

lp69

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 10 ]

August 20, 2011, 03:27 AM

Winterheart, I’m at 2 years now, and had some noticeable sheddings , but everytime the hair came back nicer than before, so you shouldn’t worry.
Basically my 2 years results are: no hairline regrowth (but no loss either, so , good to me) and fuller vertex, which has really amazed both hairdressers.

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 11 ]

August 20, 2011, 07:31 AM

I was wondering why my dermatologist see on the trichogram my alopecia was accelerating ?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.