What do you guys think about this regimen idea

Share/Bookmark

HopeforHair

RankRank

Total Posts: 29

September 01, 2011, 07:14 AM

After acquiring the laser helmet 4 months ago (from OMG 300 laser diodes) and a very stressful heartbreaking break off with the biggest love of my life I got fed up and started a full regimen including:

Laser helmet EOD 20 minutes
topical melatonin EOD
Spectral RS
oral Fin 0,5mg 3 times a week
added arimidex 4 weeks ago

haven’t been taking oral medication for 12 days now (=been only breefly on arimidex)

what happened overall to my hair?

My hair ist really better now than it was in April. The daily shedding stayed the same for approximately 3 months but my hair still improved overall. After adding Arimidex for two weeks my shedding went down to almost zero. That was the only noticable difference in terms of shedding etc.
Keep in mind that previous blood tests always revealed I had borderline high estradiol so maybe it helped there.

12 days ago I quit the medication because of side effects (from Fin tiredness, erection problems). Haven’t noticed an increase in shedding since then but it might still come.

As you can see it is hard for me to tell what was doing what because I started most of it simultaneously.

My question is this: I’m contemplating adding topical Minoxidil once per day and getting back on fin/Ari and give it another try as I’ve been very happy with the development of my hair. Using the laser helmet and those other topicals is a no brainer as I believe they are beneficial and cause no side effects. I’ve also recently added fluridil (few days ago). Now I was planning on using all this for another year and then re evaluate…...Do you guys think that after 1-2 years of using that medication etc. I could quit them and the laser be able to keep the hairs alive on it’s own?I heard that the laser continously improved hair and the longer (in terms of months and years) you use it the better your hair becomes etc. )——so you do you think that the laser might be able to keep everything together 2 years down the road?I’m wondering….

IGNORE

ZZZ

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 1 ]

September 02, 2011, 09:29 PM

I use a laser 3x/week+ fin (1 mg/day - no sides for me)...and that’s it.  I like to try and do something for my hair but I can’t make it my life. 

I did try Spectral RS some time back and found it to be a disaster.

IGNORE

SAMAEL

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 2 ]

September 10, 2011, 08:14 PM

After i quite finasteride i didnt notice much shedding until about a year later and i didnt start really shedding til another six months/year after that. i’ve been on LLLT helmet for about five months now and havent noticed much. shedding has only increased but that may be due to other things. too early to tell if it will help in my case, although im beginning to wonder how helpful lllt can be if your primary problem is follicular sensistivity to testosterone and its by products. i’d be careful with finasteride unless you are an endocrinologist and have a hormonal testing lab in your garage.

Laser Messiah, Minomuck, Spironolactone, DMSO/lithium shampoo, Pygeum, Pumpkin seed extract (non-oil), many supplements

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 3 ]

September 10, 2011, 09:15 PM

Samael,

I wonder about that too.  I tend to believe that lllt is more for older slower balding types.  Does lllt do anything for somebody who is in the early 20’s and is suffering from aggressive mpb?  I am in the other camp (ie, an older and slower balder), but I am still curious if lllt is useful for somebody whose genetics and hormones are screwing them big time early.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

September 11, 2011, 12:30 AM

Hi hope4hair. I can only give you my personal opinion. There may be others that differ but two points real quick. The first is that I don’t see a shampoo that contains ketoconazole on your list. There are various shampoos that contain this. Nizoral is one. Regenepure has keto in one of their products. I think Revita has a shampoo with Keto in as well. I’m sure there are others.

To me it’s a done deal that ketoconazole is an effective compound and in my opinion should be in the arsenal of any regimen.

Now concerning your thoughts on using minoxidil. If you chose to go with minox I would get a bottle of my product called Hair Muck. It contains saw palmetto and beta sitosterol.  We have some good efficacy to justify it’s use. It also is believed that saw palmetto/beta sitosterol may also block the receptor sites for DHT which is what Samael is talking about in his post.

One other thing….and I don’t want to hit this one too hard or you might get insulted. I believe you may have what I term SAAB. You can read about it at the link below if you like. If you have this you need to figure out a way to solve this problem first or you will probably never meet with much success from your treatment.

http://www.qdbd.com/stress_accelerated_androgenic_balding.htm

Add to it that you are going through an emotional time related your break up and you are probably under a great deal of stress.

I hope this is of some help.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.