Piroctone Olamine Shampoo - dramatic reduction in sebum!

Share/Bookmark

Frontline Warrior

Rank

Total Posts: 12

September 08, 2011, 06:47 PM

Hey guys,
I just started using a Piroctone Olamine based shampoo from the L’Occitane store.  It is their anti-dandruff shampoo they make.  This shampoo is really something.  I have suffered and suffered some more from sebum on my scalp.  Cholestrol plugs, scalp boogers, whatever you want to call them. Sure, I’ve been able to clean my scalp with most any shampoo, but they come back by the end of the day.  Sometimes in the office, I would just sit back and rub my pinky finger and couldn’t believe all that I could take out. This is after showering in the mornings.  Most of the time a hair would be attached to them when they come out.  Now, with this new shampoo I am getting bored at work. lol I guess that’s a good thing.  I feel this thing has really shut off the sebum facuet on my scalp.  If there is sebum its is so small. There is a dramatic reduction in sebum output for me.  Best of all, my scalp is not left dry.  You could actually choose not to use a conditioner.

I have used Regenepure DR and the DS labs revita shampoo.  Those would make my hair look and feel worse, and just by noon time, I would be scraping sebum off my scalp again-in huge amounts.  I had even tried one of those Zinc PCA shampoos that did nothing. 

Another plus factor, is decreased hair shedding.  I will be continuing to monitor, but I have the worst hair shedding.  This shampoo also contains 5 other essential oils that they claim help against dandruff.  I had used a Piroctone Olamine shampoo in the past once before. It was some UK imported brand with tea tree oil, but it contained Ammonium Laurel sulfate which is I think even worser than sodium? Made my hair look really bad, used for just a very short while.  No effects were experienced.

Lastly, I have even tried Jason’s anti dandrufff shampoo with salicylic acid and collidol sulfur.  That stuff mainly is good at exfoliating and doing a deep cleanse of the scalp.  This shampoo I feel actually fights alot of the problem.  Looking at the study done on Piroctone Olamine compared to Nizoral and also from my experience then I could at least conclude that it is a decent tool to use in combating hairloss.  It’s $18.00 and it will last a lonnng time!

Wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with a Piroctone Olamine shampoo?

IGNORE

yanks1

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

# 1 ]

September 13, 2011, 03:37 PM

Fronline, good stuff! is this the exact shampoo you’re talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/LOccitane-Aromachologie-Anti-Dandruff-Sensitive-Shampoo/dp/B001G60EXU

Aqua/Water/Eau (Natural origin), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate (Natural origin), TEA Lauryl Sulfate (Natural origin), Decyl Glucoside (Natural origin), PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Natural origin), Piroctone Olamine, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate (Natural origin), Sodium Shale Oil Sulfonate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil (Lemon)(Natural origin), Juniperus Oxycedrus Wood Oil (Natural origin), Melaleuca Altemifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Tea)(Natural origin), Panthenol, Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Seed Oil (Pepper)(Natural origin), Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Flower/Leaf Oil (Thyme)(Natural origin), Parfum/Fragrance, Camphor (Natural origin), Ethylhexl Glycerin, PEG/PPG 120/10 Trimethylolpropane Trioleate (Natural origin), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Natural origin), Laureth 2 (Natural origin), PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Natural origin), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Natural origin), Climbazole, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Limonene (Natural origin), Linalool (Natural origin), Citral (Natural origin)

IGNORE

Frontline Warrior

Rank

Total Posts: 12

# 2 ]

September 13, 2011, 10:25 PM

yep, that’s it.  You might want to look for an L’Occitane store in your city.  You can just pick it up there.  They usually exist in a nice mall.

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 3 ]

April 03, 2012, 11:13 PM

Has anyone else used this shampoo or has any comments on the ingredients?

I have just started using Regenepure DR 5 times a week and Nizoral 2% 2 times (until the bottle is finished). I have found that my hair is left very dry with these shampoos, so I have to use a conditioner to get it ‘back to normal’. I use the Dr. Bronner’s magic organic shikakay citrus rinse, which I love, but I think sometimes I’d just prefer to use a shampoo quickly without having to rinse.

So wondering if this would be any good?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.