The hair loss community now has an internet show -and you’re a part of it!  THE FIRST “HOT TOPICS” VIDEO IS UP!

Share/Bookmark

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

September 13, 2011, 04:34 PM

Just in case you didn’t see it in the “Announcements” section -which is going to be renamed “Accouncements/Happenings” or “What’s going on” or something!

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-announcements/worldhairloss_hot_topics_show_1

Man, I’m so excited that we are now doing this, and we have A LOT MORE PLANNED!

HELLO WORLD!

-O.M.G

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 1 ]

September 13, 2011, 07:17 PM

a BIG HELLO to too!!!!!!!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

September 13, 2011, 08:18 PM

I hate the sound of my voice. I can’t believe I really sound like that!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

September 13, 2011, 09:30 PM

I have to confess that whole thing was alittle nerve racking. Fortunately John was throwing us softballs. What’s it gonna be like when we have a call in program where all our enemies are trying to cut our testicles off? We better get tuned up. Hell I forgot more about hair loss than I presently know! IH….you know jacob’s gonna come on and attack either you or me! LOL!

It’s kind of exciting though.

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 4 ]

September 14, 2011, 07:16 PM

This is awesome guys. Really great job. Thanks for doing this.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 5 ]

September 15, 2011, 10:40 PM

The NBC of hairloss….courtesy of O-M-Genius.   

I know I posted on IH forum but Rock on…..  Joe I liked you and the rest of the guys peices as well.  I can totally see this thing exploding into something big.  You can put comedy peices, music, news alerts, word of the day, scam of the day, experimental treatment of the day…. it will never end,    Think about how much better educated people will be and how much faster newer treatments might come to market and how useless ones will die.  Glad I am a part of this forum. 

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

September 15, 2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks DM5. Sorry to hear of your run in with some posters on the IH forum. I didn’t know anything about it until it was over.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 7 ]

September 15, 2011, 10:55 PM

No biggie.  It was my mistake and circumstantial as I coundn’t reach IH.  I thought I was being more than just pounced on for The Natural’s banning argument….... so I took extreme action   Anyway,  I am not using my moderator privileges there for awhile out of respect for the forum, even though they didn’t care after all was explained.   

I just went thru my old email and fetched my password that I couldn’t remember and was too lazy to change about a hundred times before.  And now I am back in the forum…....Woohoo.  This new hairloss TV idea’s got me psyched.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

September 15, 2011, 11:51 PM

Been through similar things on the forums over the years. In theory those kind of things shouldn’t bother a person because they are just words on a computer screen. I’m afraid it doesn’t work that way though. I know how it feels. Not fun. You somehow have to keep the mean spirited people out of the group. There are no hard and fast rules on how to do that. I think the forum here is the most friendliest right now. I hope it stays that way. It’s good to have you back posting.

Terrapin station? I absolutely love that song. Just heard “Truckin” on the radio last night. It made me kind of miss Gerry and the rest of the boys. All good things must come to an end however.

Ripple
Uncle John’s band
Friend of The Devil.
Casey Jones
Terrapin Station.
Sampson and delila.

Those were some of the best songs ever written in my opinion. They had more but i can’t remember them off hand. But Terrapin Station was always my favorite. I have to get my wife to buy me that CD. It’s been a long time since I heard that tune. That’s the kind of song I love to put in the CD player in my car and take a long drive in the middle of the night. So cool.

Ever see the Dead live? I saw them but only once.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 9 ]

September 16, 2011, 02:32 AM

Yeah I saw them only 2x back in the mid-ninety’s right before Jerry passed.  Awesome experiences to be sure.  Robert Hunter, the guy who wrote most of the band’s lyrics was a a genius.  “Once in a awhile, you get shown the light in the strangest places…if you look at it right.”  Nothing but pure magic on stage.  Garcia definitely is one of my musical influences.  I actually love jamming Terrapin Station acoustically. 

Those are all great songs you mentioned.  I would also add Brokedown Palace, Help on The Way, Slipknot, Franklin’s Tower, Eyes of the World, Cassidy, Bird Song, Dark Star.  They did so much…you could go on forever..  The Dead were a positive testament to what people can accomplish when they look past the idiosyncrasies and collaborate.  There was a true psychic element they had with each other and the audience when they performed that was extroardinary.    That collaboration and element created the “jam” that would influence so many.. 

I still love decoding songs and I’m almost 40.  Guess I’m either mentally deficient or I never grew out of college.  These are my little Will Ferrel essays lol.  The meaning of Terrapin Station is up for interpretation but it is pretty amazing if you sit down and analyze the words.  It’s a very existential peice.  Terra- means earth as starter.  Then there is all the symbolism laced throughout.  Of course Hunter was a master coder and this was one of his masterpeices.  I always liked the account of how the song came about.    A quote from wiikipedia:

“The song, “Lady with a Fan” was co-written by Robert Hunter and Jerry Garcia. Robert Hunter said of the song, “I wrote Terrapin Part One” at a single sitting in an unfurnished house with a picture window overlooking San Francisco Bay during a flamboyant lightning storm. I typed the first thing that came into my mind at the top of the page, the title: Terrapin Station.”

“On the same day, driving to the city, Garcia was struck by a singular inspiration. He turned his car around and hurried home to set down some music that popped into his head, demanding immediate attention.”

“When we met the next day, I showed him the words and he said, “I’ve got the music.” They dovetailed perfectly and Terrapin edged into this dimension.”

Quote from the last peice of Terrapin “At A Siding”.  that somehow is really evocative for me of where humanity is now and the whole 2012 thing.  It just sounds cool:

“While you were gone….these faces filled with darkness…..the obvious was hidden….with nothing to beleive in…....the compass always points to Terrapin.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.