Pulsed Lasers (NEW THREAD)

Share/Bookmark

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

September 16, 2011, 09:02 AM

The old thread was getting too long, and new info was being missed!  Here is a link to the old thread:
http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/500/

...and I’ll never delete it.  Anyway, post away!

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 1 ]

September 16, 2011, 12:15 PM

Thanks OMG!

Hey guys!
I just added an FAQ page to my web site to answer the following questions:

Is pulsing safe for our lasers?

Will PulseDrive work with my existing 3V helmet power supply?

Is anything other than the PulsedDrive unit and the Spectralight power adaptor required to convert my existing Laser Messiah into a pulsed laser helmet?

Does PulseDrive come with a warranty?

Does PulseDrive come with instructions?

Why does PulseDrive incorporate three frequency modes?  What is the difference in these modes and is it necessary to change the modes?

Why could pulsed lasers produce better results than constant wave lasers?

Also added a quote from a very recent research article that concluded that pulsed lasers appear to be superior to constant wave lasers!

Let me know if you have any further questions I will add them to the site!

http://www.spectralight.com.au/

IGNORE

jpmarko

Rank

Total Posts: 9

# 2 ]

October 07, 2011, 02:41 PM

So are these pulsed devices available yet? I’d like to get my hands on one.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

October 07, 2011, 08:51 PM

Hey jpmarko,

Everything is coming along well mate and we are still on track for the first week of November. Yesterday was a big day in fact. Firstly my manufacturer was able to certify PulseDrive as RoHS compliant, meaning that it doesn’t contain any dangerous substances (including the solder) like Lead, Cadmium, Mercury, Hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated biphenyls, and Polybrominated diphenyl, which can be found in some cheap electronic devices. I added the RoHS certification logo to my web site last night!

Also got my very first production unit yesterday and all I can say is that the quality is AMAZING!

Remember if you register at the spectralight web site I will ensure that you get advance notice of availability.

IGNORE

Addicted

Rank

Total Posts: 18

# 4 ]

October 08, 2011, 04:19 AM

This is nice to hear. Looking forward to it’s release….

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

October 08, 2011, 07:24 PM

Hey guys,

I have made a short video introducing and demonstrating PulseDrive. You can check it out on my home page or take a look at the news article that omg added to this site.

The video features a short intro by yours truly followed by a demo of PulseDrive hooked up to one of OMG’s Laser Messiah laser helmets.

I think it’s important to give you guys the opportunity to see PulseDrive in action – so please enjoy!

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

# 6 ]

October 09, 2011, 05:32 PM

Nice video zone. So finally did you tested it in vivo ?
What are the results ?

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 7 ]

October 09, 2011, 06:12 PM

Great video. Very professional. Anxious to give it a try…

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

October 10, 2011, 04:15 AM

Thanks guys.

Yes pierre I am using PulseDrive however I’m not about to start touting the results based on just one test subject. This is not a copout I just think that the results will speak for themselves and would be better coming from others members of this community. That’s the great thing about WHL.org you get to hear about real results from real people.

Also keep an eye out for OMG’s product review which will be coming soon.

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 9 ]

October 11, 2011, 11:01 AM

So excited to see how this turns out. Keep us posted!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

October 15, 2011, 01:22 AM

More good news guys!

PulseDrive has received it’s second compliance in as many weeks! PulseDrive is now C-tick certified for EMC, our unique certification number is N29780.

Essentially this means that PulseDrive is certified as safe to use from an electromagnetic current point-of-view. Naturally I have added our unique compliance logo to our web site.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

# 11 ]

October 31, 2011, 01:34 PM

Hi Zone!

Just wanted to see if you were still on track to sell Pulse Drive this week. Thanks!!!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 12 ]

November 01, 2011, 03:54 AM

Hi Calvinist,

Unfortunately I am running a few weeks behind schedule – will let you know as soon as I can.

I have however added a blog to my web site and my first blog was “what is laser pulsing and how does it work”
Check it out if you are interested.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 13 ]

November 01, 2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the update Zone, I will check out the blog, too.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 14 ]

November 01, 2011, 12:21 PM

Zone - November 01, 2011, 03:54 AM

Hi Calvinist,
...I have however added a blog to my web site and my first blog was “what is laser pulsing and how does it work”

Excellent.  Concise, informative.  Can’t wait to give it a try!!

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 15 ]

November 05, 2011, 07:30 PM

Hi again Zone,

I was on your site and it looks like the pulse drive is now ready for purchase. Am I correct?

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 16 ]

November 05, 2011, 08:17 PM

It is indeed - I just ordered one…

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 17 ]

November 05, 2011, 11:22 PM

Ahh, thank you Rosariorose9! That was quick!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 18 ]

November 06, 2011, 07:30 AM

Hey guys,

Before you go ordering you should know the following:

During our product testing phase we discovered a problem with some of the older Aixiz lasers. About two and a half years ago Aixiz updated the design of their laser modules. The new laser modules (sold after August 2009) work perfectly with PulseDrive for all mode frequencies.  However diodes sold prior to that time may not work with PulseDrive’s Mode 1 frequency (8.9Khz); the lowest frequency should work with the old diodes. Unfortunately this means that Spectralight will not be able to support the old laser module design.

In short, if your helmet was purchased after August 2009 there should be no problem using PulseDrive. Furthermore Aixiz have committed to the new design meaning that there are no ongoing concerns. The attached image illustrates the differences between the old and the new diodes.

Will get organised and post a product launch in the next couple of days.

Image Attachments  Diode_Old_Vs_New.jpg

IGNORE

SAMAEL

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 19 ]

November 07, 2011, 07:55 AM

Forty dollars extra for what appears to be a fairly simple plastic power supply? I was just barely able to force myself to add it to my cart. Then i got a load of shipping from australia. good lord. maybe when the economy improves. meantime, allow me to recomend hiring john or someone as a north american distributor and shipping a lot at once, freight. i would also find someone who can manufacture a cheaper power supply. just an opinion.

Laser Messiah, Minomuck, Spironolactone, DMSO/lithium shampoo, Pygeum, Pumpkin seed extract (non-oil), many supplements

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 20 ]

November 07, 2011, 08:30 AM

Dude, come on… you’re sounding rude as hell in that post!  That’s a custom 8 volt power supply that you can’t find anywhere else with the proper amps that was made pretty much for the Laser Messiah.  Plus, not to metion Zone spent a HUGE amount of money designing these in the first place, and I know for a fact that he’s pricing these as low as he can -just like I do my Laser Helmets.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

SAMAEL

Rank

# 21 ]

November 07, 2011, 09:07 AM

Sorry if i was rude, it wasnt my intention. the prices did take me aback.
I guess i dont see the point of selling the unit without the power supply if the power supply is one of a kind and made for it. And i think a north american distributor is a good idea. Then it might not be $55 each for airmail. like i said it’s just an opinion. sorry if i worded it like an a-hole.

Laser Messiah, Minomuck, Spironolactone, DMSO/lithium shampoo, Pygeum, Pumpkin seed extract (non-oil), many supplements

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 22 ]

November 07, 2011, 10:06 AM

My original power supplies are $50, by the way, so they’re even more expensive than that!  It’s what they cost when all the shipping, etc. is factored in -I’m selling them without any profit, too!

Anyway, my commercial units for laser clinics will come with the pulsedrive, so at one point I will have them here, but it’s not going to be anytime soon.  We’ve already talked about this in depth offline.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 23 ]

November 07, 2011, 02:12 PM

John,

Were you able to do a product review of pulse drive this weekend? I just purchased one, but it would be great to see a review too. Thanks.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 24 ]

November 07, 2011, 04:35 PM

Hey, Calvinist!

I’ll try to do it soon -I actually don’t have my helmet right now, and I need it for the product review video!  I sent it to Australia so we could do further testing on the older diodes.  I got word this morning that it was on the way back, though, so hopefully I’ll have it in about a week!

In the meantime I want to do another video that I don’t need the helmet/pulsedrive for… something on frequencies, how we are using the same sort of innovation on the pulsedrive that we did with the helmets that made us the best in the world, and what we plan to do with all this info -which is going to be really exciting!

-O.M.G

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 25 ]

November 07, 2011, 04:48 PM

Ok, no problem. I’ll look forward to hearing/seeing more about this when you get around to it. Can’t wait to get my pulse drive!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 26 ]

November 08, 2011, 03:05 AM

Hey Samael,

Thanks for your feedback.

I am interested in your basis for cost comparison of the power adaptor because the only power supplies that I could find in Australia that come close to PulseDrive’s requirements cost $90 or more (it is a fully enclosed laptop power adaptor with full auto international switching support). So at $38.50 I was actually expecting people to ask how I could possibly be selling the power adaptors so cheaply!

I can’t tell you just how hard I have worked to keep costs as low as possible on every facet of PulseDrive and while the shipping costs are higher that I would like the total cost is considerably lower than any existing unit that is capable of delivering the kind of power that PulseDrive delivers – best I could find were over $1000. Furthermore the current PulseDrive pricing is just not sustainable – from a profitability point of view, I am, to date a VERY BAD business person.

I agree with your American distributor suggestion, however please keep in mind that Spectralight is not yet a sustainable business so it’s going to take time mate.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 27 ]

November 08, 2011, 07:48 PM

Hey, Guys and Gals!

The PulseDrive is finally available!!!  Get it here at this link:

http://www.spectralight.com.au/laser-pulse-drivers/cat_3.html

I just want you to know that I’m going to do videos, etc. as soon as I can with the pulsedrive!  I super busy this week, though, and this weekend I have to do BABY STUFF -tour the hospital, etc.  My wife is into her third trimester -and I apologize to all my facebook friends that saw that I was tagged in the gross 3D UltraSound pictures! lol…  She looks like ME, though -holy crap, one or two shots looked just like me.  I feel very sorry for her! wink

So, it’s going to be a week or two before I can get all this pulse drive info out there, but it’s going to be fantastic (all you people I’ve already spoken to on the phone know this!).  Don’t wait for ME, though!

Back to it, I tested the PulseDrive for a while during the testing phase, and I found it to be simply phenomenal.  Seriously, I had my mouth open, and I even called Dr. Maricle and he was shocked as well.  I had at least as much stimulation (and I think WAY MORE “PUMP”) as I had when I first started using my helmet four years ago -which leads me to believe that FIGHTING ACCLIMATION might be one of the long term goals here, which can be done by simply cycling through different frequencies every few months.

This leads to the most EXCITING part of this… we’ve got frequency EXPERTS on our team -people that have been studying different frequencies and their effects on the human body for years.  What we’ve already uncovered are frequencies that will probably surpass the standard 9khz, and there are some very interesting things we can do with this.  In fact, the only reason why people think that 9khz is the key is because of that well-known MBA in the hair loss world that promoted Erchonia’s machines in his clinics, and I highly doubt that anyone involved in the company that wasn’t directly involved in the construction of the machines know why 9khz was chosen in the first place.

*WE* of course know, but hardly anyone on the planet does, and information is very hard to find on that and we aren’t sharing it publicly.  So, if you see anyone touting that frequency -whether it be another person trying to knock off of my helmets again or just some random poster- they wouldn’t even be able to answer the question of what 9khz specifically does!  So, don’t fall for the people just out to make a buck.

We also know the extent to which Erchonia’s frequency was compared to other frequencies for hair loss (it wasn’t), which leads me to where I’m going with this:

We presided over the largest LLLT device experiment in 2007-2009, and we discovered the fundamentals of successful laser therapy, and I pioneered the Laser Messiah to incorporate all of those fundamentals -BAR NONE.  Now, we will be the starting the experiment of FREQUENCIES for hair loss -and there is an entire WORLD of frequencies to explore and how they can benefit the body, and there is already success with frequencies for hair loss that most people have never even heard about.  The Laser Messiah will be a great tool to get those frequencies into the body, and there may be more benefit than just hair loss!

So, these are exciting times!  I’m going to use this opportunity to tell you that this intense discussion of the frequencies are not going to be done in the public forums.  We have been doing it by email over the years, but we are going to move it into a private, invitation only forum soon.  Reason being, we only want people ACTIVELY DOING THIS to get involved in the discussion, and we don’t need any lurkers or nefarious types snooping around at our findings.  I want us to have a discussion that isn’t going to be subject to any sort of attacks by people that don’t know what the hell they are talking about, and I don’t want people to simply walk by and steal our information like they have done in the past.

This will once again advance laser therapy for hair loss to yet a new level, and I want all of you to be a part of it!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 28 ]

November 08, 2011, 10:34 PM

OMG,

Fantastic stuff man.  Much respect to you and Zone for delivering on such cutting edge, high quality products and pursuing your research and further development of the technology. You guys deserve some serious credit for all of your hard work!

Zone,

Congrats on getting the product up for sale.  I’m looking forward to the official product launch as well as accompanying video updates here on the site.  Quick question, I notice there is an option on your site to get a custom frequency setup on the Pulse Drive.  Does this mean you can choose your own 3 frequencies instead of the pre-sets?  Are there frequencies you would recommend in place of or in addition to those that come stock with the Pulse Drive?  I was just about to order one as I’m waiting for John to catch up on his emails (I know you’re busy OMG, no worries) about getting my helmet ordered.  If you recommend custom frequencies or can clarify what exactly this option entails I’d appreciate it.  Other than that, I’m ready to order!

Great job guys.  Keep up the good work!

-TG

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 29 ]

November 09, 2011, 04:33 AM

Hey TrueGround,

Thanks for the sentiments mate!

There is indeed an option for user defined frequencies. I offered this basically because a couple of people asked me for it. They had other frequencies they are interested trying – not for hair loss. Unfortunately it is an expensive option because it involves an update to the firmware and needs to be done completely manually.

The frequencies that I would recommend are the standard frequencies built into the unit – these two supporting frequencies (700hz & 2.5Khz) have been carefully chosen based on their good general stimulation properties and if mixing up the frequencies every 3 or 6 months proves to offer even further benefits then these two frequencies are a great option.

IGNORE

Addicted

Rank

# 30 ]

November 09, 2011, 06:00 AM

Hello Every Body….

Nice post on the frequencies John. You have us intrigued by all this.

As with TrueGround I was also wondering what the additional options offered were all about in respect to the frequencies. Thanks for clarifying this Zone. Looking over your site there was no mention as to what the customs frequencies were all about. Nice to know that option is open, although It sounds like mode 1 will or should be the main starting point when starting to use this device with the helmet.

What’s with the power lead option, I’m in the US, will I need anything other than the pulsed drive and power supply?

Thanks again for your help.

IGNORE

laurenzo

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 31 ]

November 09, 2011, 06:06 AM

Hello everybody,

Zone, I have bought a laser messiah in July 2009, needless for me to buy a PulseDrive that’s it?

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 32 ]

November 09, 2011, 06:55 AM

Hey Addicted,
The power lead option just refers to the type of power cord you need for the power adaptor. Different countries have different power plugs and I have power leads for the USA, UK and Australia. NB: This option is covered by the cost of the power adaptor.

Hey laurenzo,
If you bought your helmet back in July 2009 then it is possible that you have the old diodes and therefore I wouldn’t recommend using PulseDrive at 8.9Khz. If you take a close look at the picture I posted earlier you will note that the new diodes have a small hole at the top of the PCB close to where the red & black wires attach. You could check a couple of your diodes and determine if you have the new diodes otherwise I would play it safe.

IGNORE

laurenzo

Rank

# 33 ]

November 09, 2011, 07:19 AM

Thanks for your answer Zone. I have just looked at some diodes and there is a hole at the top of the PCB, so new diodes !

I am lucky because OMG did this Laser Messiah on July 2009.

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

# 34 ]

November 09, 2011, 01:20 PM

Hi Zone,
@ laurenzo - I also purchased a Laser Messiah in June of 2009. Any thoughts?

IGNORE

laurenzo

Rank

# 35 ]

November 09, 2011, 01:23 PM

Hi Calbruin,

You can check with the pictures, if there is a hole at the top of the PCB, it should be ok (Zone am I right?).

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 36 ]

November 09, 2011, 08:07 PM

The cut-off dates could very well be in June or July 2009, but you need to check -in fact, everyone before this year should check just to be sure!  Get to know your helmet -it’s going to be with you and a part of your life for a LONG TIME, I assure you of that!  Things are going to get very interesting very soon.

I happen to have three helmets from 2009 (not including mine, which has diodes from 2007 and 2008), and the one that DIDN’T make the cut was made at the end of May 2009.  One from August and one from October 2009 *did* make the cut.  So, the change was sometime between June-August 2009!

If I have to, I can put up really, really easy graphics.  I’m hoping I won’t have to do it, though, because the amount of people that have pre-mid-2009 diodes are very, very small compared to post-mid-2009 diodes!  Ah yes, the innocent days before we were top players in the world of LLLT.

By the way, there is brand new news that I’m privy to of a wavelength that we can use on off days as an ascillary treatment that treats an entirely different aspect of hair loss.  I think I can make a handheld out of this, and it’s also serve as at least SOMETHING for when you have to travel!

You’re seeing a “stealthier” OverMachoGrande these days and I’m sorry about that, but the fact is that more and more companies are paying attention to what I’m doing -some big, some piss ant- and even more than you would think with all the knock-offs already!  I’ve got amazing ideas on the chalk board now that are going to revolutionize all of this, and I’m frankly tired of people taking our hard work for granted as a plan for their own business ideas when they aren’t doing any effort.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 37 ]

November 10, 2011, 03:22 AM

Hey guys,

Attached is a bigger picture of a NEW diode. You can see the hole at the top of the PCB more clearly.
I hope this helps.

Image Attachments  New_Diode.jpg

IGNORE

Addicted

Rank

# 38 ]

November 10, 2011, 04:37 AM

Hey Zone thanks for clarifying the power lead option, well be picking up this device from you here. I agree with the shipping fees, they do seem a bit substantial for such a small product weight to the US.

Too bad Australia Post doesn’t offer flat rate shipping boxes. I ship packages internationally quite a bit. Much cheaper from the US to Australia. That device looks like it would fit into a small flat rate box which would ship priority mail from the US to Australia for a mere $14.00..  smile

And on the other hand, sometimes you just can’t put a price on a quality product that has holds a convincing background that we may all benefit from. Can’t wait to try this device out.

Hey OMG, I can imaging how disheartening it can be to devote so much of your self on something, and just to have others replicate and otherwise take credit along with monetary gains. You should send your helmet to the lab over in Australia and have them fully house your technology into a completely concealed helmet without the exposed wires. Then do some serious advertising online and sell these publicly to a bigger audience than just here..  heh..  (=

We have some serious innovators here on this site with a strong will and belief for what they do. I sure am glad to be here. smile

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 39 ]

November 10, 2011, 05:54 AM

Thanks Addicted.

There are cheaper shipping options from Aus post to the US for my weight category however given that I only offer Paypal as the payment method one of their stipulations is “signature on receipt” and therefore I need to use registered post. You can go and check out the postage calculator on the Auspost web site and confirm my rates if you like, all I add is $1 for the box and packing.

If I was shipping much bigger volumes I could get a volume discount however I’m just not in that league. If anyone can suggest other shipment options (that include signature on receipt) I would be happy to look into it.

IGNORE

SAMAEL

Rank

# 40 ]

November 10, 2011, 02:20 PM

Some ideas:
Seafreight to american port. American picks up box at port. American goes to u.s. Post office once a week after you forward orders to him.  Or for ten dollars a week fedex picks up unlimited packages from american’s front porch every day. But as you say if you dont have fifty or more you can send to the states maybe its not worth it. You could take monthly pre-orders and ship one box to the u.s. every month.  amazon might be a convenient non-paypal way for people to buy. maybe that helps.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 41 ]

November 10, 2011, 03:06 PM

Hey, guys!

So all of a sudden I realized that in my last post up above, I forgot the two most important points!  Holy crap, here they are:

1)  More than likely, it’s going to turn out that the 9khz wavelength is *not* going to prove to be the best one (we’ll know that after extensive testing, and the best ones will be in the private forum!).  So, this only should matter to you if you want to copy a company that didn’t do any research on hair loss, they just modified an existing machine for another purpose!

So, DO NOT FEEL BAD, and yes… I will mostly be using my old helmet, as I have been for the past three something years, and I’ll be using frequencies that are WAY lower.  I’m going to eventually compare that to a new helmet with the higher pulse frequencies, and if it turns out that the higher frequenices ARE better and Erchonia just happend to bumble ass-backward into greatness, then I’ll report that!  If you want to wait for me to report that, then that’s ok, too!  If you want to JOIN ME, then that’s better.

2) You only need to know whether or not your pre-August 2009 helmets have the diodes so we’ll know what frequencies to load on the PulseDrive because the higher frequencies could damage the unit (not the helmet, just the pulsedrive).  So, yeah, if you want to copy Erchonia, you need a new helmet, but I’m going out of my way here to tell you that this probably isn’t going to be found to be ideal!

Ok, I hope all of you get that!

Hey, Samuel…

Man, I mean no offense here, but $40 for a power supply and $60 for international shipping is a very fair price and isn’t a big deal for one-time purchases for most people out there.  I’m poor.  I’m VERY POOR, actually!  Hey, that’s my fault… I designed the best helmet in the world and I charge too little for it! lol…  I’m only saying this so you know I relate to other people in crappy economic times.  This just isn’t a big enough deal for me and Zone to pursue any of that at this time.  At a later time and date, I may discontinue my power supply totally and use Zone’s PulseDrive for every helmet, and that would lessen the freight for US citizens because I would keep them in stock, but right now it’s not worth the logistical nightmare (and “financial up-fronting nightmare”) for either of us to do anything differently since there isn’t anything wrong with the current way it’s being done.

So, I hear you.  It sounds like you’re poor like I am (I’ve heard it builds character! Ha ha ha!), but I’m sorry if I’m wrong but I don’t feel that this is an issue for a brand new, highly innovative product.  Yeah, it costs money to be an “early adopter” -$60 is a dinner and beer for two at Outback Steakhouse- but you aren’t living if you aren’t an early adopter!  I stand buy that last statement.

By the way, speaking of early adopters, and this is out of the blue… one of my ONLY claims to fame out of any of my real-life peers is that I was the first person they knew with an MP3 player in their car and HDTV in their house.  I had an mp3 player in my car with an 8 or 16 gig harddrive in my car in early 2003 -that is YEARS before most!  Man, when I first got HDTV, most people hadn’t even heard of it yet!  Anyway, that just jumped in my mind when I said “early adopter”, and means nothing to anyone except for me.  lol…

Now, I have that same car, and I have 324,000 miles on it -and I think the mp3 player was pulled out of it in 2007.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 42 ]

November 12, 2011, 05:33 PM

Just received my PulseDrive and power supply in the mail today.  Really quick shipping - from Australia to California in about one week! Beautiful, professional job on the components, Zone!  Anxious to hook it all up, and give it a try - which I’ll do as soon as I get my Laser Messiah ‘back on line.’

IGNORE

tonyb

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

# 43 ]

November 13, 2011, 05:19 PM

I was wondering if someone buys the pulsing unit now and then other frequencies are determined better in the future can the units be reprogrammed? or will a new unit with the newer frequencies be needed?

Thanks,
Tony

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 44 ]

November 14, 2011, 05:10 AM

Hi Tony,

With respect to other frequencies the short answer is, that at this stage we just don’t know if there are other frequencies that may also be beneficial for hair growth and this is what we want to set out to discover. As far as we can tell this has never been done before, so naturally it is exciting. It is however going to take time, possibly a couple of years – when you think about it, it may take months to test any one frequency to determine if that frequency generates beneficial results and then to collate and compare those results with other frequencies in other people.

Who knows what we may find however in the meantime OMG will be doing a review of his PulseDrive unit very soon – so check that out.

And yes PulseDrive can be reprogrammed; however it is manual, requires programming knowledge and also requires a specialised bit of hardware. If someone really wanted their unit reprogrammed I could do it.

IGNORE

Frontline Warrior

Rank

Total Posts: 12

# 45 ]

November 15, 2011, 09:09 PM

Just to be clear. I don’t know if I am understanding everything correctly.

From my readings, the originial poster by the name of Frantoli, on the older Pulsed laser thread, talked about how Gaunitiz laser hoods did wonders, because they pulsed at 8.9khz is not for real? But a pusher for Gaunitz products?

First this info of 8.9 khz came about, then the spectra light was invented to deliver us pulse lasers, specifically with that freq.  and now the 8.9khz story is false?

Thanks for any clarification.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 46 ]

November 15, 2011, 10:13 PM

Great question Frontline.

I am quite concerned about this as well.  I bought a Pulse Drive last week and to hear that the “magical” 8.9khz might not do the trick is quite discouraging.  I’m hoping the other two frequencies are going to make up for the potential lack of results in the latter.

I guess my question is, was the Pulse Drive designed to have the 8.9khz option just based off of what the guy touting Gaunitz recommended, or is there any research backing this?

OMG, I know you want to move frequency discussion to a private forum, but can you elaborate on why you think the 8.9khz may not be our best option?  Also, how can one get access to the private forum once you open it if I plan to actively participate and experiment with different frequencies?

Thanks,
TG

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 47 ]

November 16, 2011, 09:31 AM

Guys, no no no.  Come on… you’re going 100% in the wrong direction here, and this is what I LOATHE about forums!  I have no idea how it happened, and I’m just scratching my head here trying to figure out how anyone could come up with the term “discouraging” based on anything we’ve said!

Ha ha ha!  Jeez, guys, COME ON!

TrueGround and FrontlineWarrior... I seriously don’t know how you guys are coming up with that.  Please tell me and I’ll correct them in t-minus ten seconds.  Where are you seeing anything that would leave you to believe ”...and now the 8.9khz story is false?”?  NOTHING has been stated like that!

I apologize that I haven’t been able to clarify this MORE with videos, etc. yet, but I thought I was being a lot more clear than this.

To go any further, I need you guys to understand something… this has nothing to do with GAUNITZ.  It has to do with ERCHONIA -which is the manufacturer of the machines that Gaunitz happened to use in his clinics.  No more Gaunitz talk -the dude sold his “Evolution” clinics and now he touts the iGrow laser helmet -which is one of the biggest jokes of a helmet on the market.  It’s 21 laser diodes (the same diodes as ours -he’s not even touting the 635nm this time like he used to –remember, our diodes were “ineffective” before), it doesn’t even pulse (he used to tout that as an advantage) and it’s $700.  $700 for 21 diodes!  We know from our many, many device experiments that this is a completely ineffective design, and I hear that from people that have bought them as well that simply ARE NOT getting results.  I’ve also caught Gaunitz red-handed in massive inconsistencies all for the purpose of $$$SALES$$$.  I told you from the beginning that Gaunitz was a marketer and treated hair loss more like an MBA project -and you see the iGrow *everywhere*, and this backs that up.  So, no more Gaunitz talk -he’s a salesman- let’s use “ERCHONIA”, a legitimate device manufacturer.

So, it goes without saying that I would NEVER take what anyone out of that clinic says without any major grains of salt (Frantolli, Gaunitz himself, etc.), and I certainly wouldn’t let anyone spend five figures developing a product around that.  We used people with insider knowledge of Erchonia’s machines and some of their public specs to settle on the 8.9 khz as a starting point, and to satisfy people that wanted to replicate the Erchonia machines.

The 8.9 khz certainly seems effective based on the anecdotal evidence from Erchonia customers (and I’ve heard a handful of them).  I certainly felt the difference as well, and yes, scientific research has definitely pointed to speculation that pulsing should be more effective -but again, this has never been tested apples-to-apples (once again, it comes down to US to do it instead of these jokers that masquerade as scientists).  We’ll get together that scientific info at some point.

What we are saying is that the 8.9khz may not END UP being the best after we are testing it -no one in the world knows though because we’ll be the first to try these other frequencies.  We are including this frequency because, yes, it’s what the Erchonia machines do for hair loss, we’re offering that so we can do what they do…

...but that’s only the STARTING POINT, not the END POINT!

So, let’s get back to it…  What we are talking about is the unknown, and brand new shit that no one has ever done before.  What we are talking about is that there is a chance that pulsing could be a tremendous part of greater success (especially being able to change it to stave off acclimation), and we are simply saying that no one is researching this like we are going to, and the chances that this Erchonia company nailed it on the first try is pretty slim.  WE are going to nail it.

There is an ENTIRE WORLD of frequency studies that has come about over recent times.  So, what we are talking about is taking that 8.9 khz starting point and then applying and testing the other frequencies.

I thought I was very clear in stating that when I tried the 8.9 khz frequency, I felt a profound difference in stimulation.  So, I’m saying at this point that there is definitely something profound to frequencies in general, and definitely the 8.9 khz frequency.  HOWEVER… this has *never* been tested before, apples-to-apples, and we are the very first people on this planet to be able to do this.  So, 1) the Laser Messiah is the best -period.  2) The Laser Messiah with the PulseDrive will take that “best” and make it even better -yes, at 8.9 khz.  3) These other frequencies, in my opinion at this time, could possibly raise the bar so it’s breaking though the ceiling.  We don’t know for sure, but it’s certainly exciting.

So, I’m still going to leave this thread today with my head spinning, wondering how people can use such negative words based on the other things that we have said!  Since the two of you both did, I’m going to assume that it was my fault somehow with my communication, but PLEASE, for the love of god, understand that your feelings were very wrong on the matter –and help me to understand how to fix it!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 48 ]

November 16, 2011, 02:34 PM

Oh, by the way, I think you guys are missing the key point that the frequencies CAN BE CHANGED!  Lol…  Does that clear up a lot of confusion?  Yes, that existing unit that will be hooked to your Laser Messiah providing pulsing goodness can be reprogrammed for different frequencies in each of the three frequency modes.

It’s kind of a pain in the ass and it’s not as straightforward as we’d like it to be, but well… too bad for Zone because I’m sure there will be a lot of frequency changing over the next few years!  I talked to him during our last skype call about perhaps giving me the equipment and software so I can do it for people here in the USA. We don’t need to worry about that for now, though!  We need to all assess the original ones first. Each one of us needs to test their three frequencies for many, many moons, and then we need to start discussing which is best of those three. Then we can get the other two modes reprogrammed with other frequencies, and continue the process. This won’t be easy, but eventually we’ll have a consensus of what’s best -and who knows, it could be good old 8.9 khz!  If that happens, I will prepare an official corporate decree that acknowledges Erchonia as geniuses.

Anyway, when I thought about it, I realized that this might be a key part of it that y’all are missing, so why not to spread the voice?!  [I’ve said that about 10 times around the house over the last week -it’s my new motto!]

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 49 ]

November 16, 2011, 09:32 PM

OverMachoGrande - November 10, 2011, 03:06 PM

Hey, guys!

So all of a sudden I realized that in my last post up above, I forgot the two most important points!  Holy crap, here they are:

1)  More than likely, it’s going to turn out that the 9khz wavelength is *not* going to prove to be the best one (we’ll know that after extensive testing, and the best ones will be in the private forum!).  So, this only should matter to you if you want to copy a company that didn’t do any research on hair loss, they just modified an existing machine for another purpose!

-O.M.G.

I’ve been saying this since I first joined this forum - I think the Laser Messiah, Pulse Drive, IH Top Six, Joe’s Topical and other product contributions I’ve come across on this site are revolutionary and WAY ahead of the curve as treatment options.  Additionally, I know you guys who developed these products are well-intentioned, honest people in an industry that is full of blood suckers!

That being said, I would never intentionally speak negatively about these products.  That was not how I was trying to sound at all in my last post.  In my head it was more like, “Oh shit, I just sunk $300 into some brand new hardware, and there’s already talk of the pre-loaded frequencies being less than optimally effective!”

You said, “More than likely, it’s going to turn out that the 9khz wavelength is not going to prove to be the best one”. 

I interpreted that as you already having evidence of a different frequency that could be far better than the 8.9khz or other pre-loads on the Pulse Drive.  So, since I don’t even own a helmet yet, my natural reaction about my first laser therapy purchase was unsettling.

Thanks for clearing that up though.  I was not really that worried because I know if there was any major issue, I’m sure Joe or other supporters on this site would come up with a solution to fix it.  I’m sure A LOT of hard work and research went into developing the Pulse Drive, but information changes every day.  You just never know!

MPB is such a BIG negative in my life as is.  I truly feel there is no place here for additional negativity amongst people that are dealing with it themselves and are making a noble, dedicated effort to control the problem.

TO ANYBODY JUST NOW CATCHING UP ON THIS THREAD, IGNORE MY PREVIOUS POST! HaHa.

Sorry about the confusion,
TG

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 50 ]

November 17, 2011, 02:48 AM

No probs TrueGround and thanks for the support mate.  If you want to go over all the details and the full history of PulseDrive’s development have a read of the original laser pulsing forum (see OMG’s link at the top of this forum). Many questions can be answered by that forum and you will also get a good feel for some of the challenges we faced along the way.

As for 8.9Khz – don’t worry, your investment is a good one – the feedback that I am getting from people is that they can really feel an increased level of stimulation.

In time I hope that people post their experiences with PulseDrive directly on this forum or use the “product review” feature on my web site. Then you can all hear for yourselves the results that people are getting.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 51 ]

November 17, 2011, 05:56 PM

Just a quick note. Last night was my second session using pulse drive. And I have to say, the level of stimulation during those 20 minutes went FAR beyond what I had experienced since using my helmet w/o pulse drive for almost a year. Now, I don’t know if more stimulation leads to more hair growth, but I’m hoping it does!

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 52 ]

November 17, 2011, 08:34 PM

Calvinist, which frequency setting did you use?

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 53 ]

November 17, 2011, 10:32 PM

Zone,

Glad to hear you are getting good feedback about improved stimulation with the Pulse Drive.  I’m confident I’ve decided to invest in laser therapy at a great time here.  Have you received any word about the relative time it takes a package to get from your door to a customer’s in the U.S.?  I think it’s been right around a week since I placed the order but haven’t received it yet.  I’m expecting a good amount of time coming from the AU, so I’m not worried about it.  Just wondering.

Thanks.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 54 ]

November 18, 2011, 03:04 AM

Hey TrueGround,

The delivery time seems to vary. So far the quickest someone from the US received their PulseDrive was 5 working days and the longest was 10 working days.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 55 ]

November 18, 2011, 10:45 AM

I used the 8.9 setting. I’ll stay with this for at least 3 months if not longer.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 56 ]

November 18, 2011, 12:21 PM

Thanks, Calvinist.  That’s where I’ll start as well when I get mine up and running…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 57 ]

November 18, 2011, 12:40 PM

See what I’m telling you about the stimulation?!  It’s jaw dropping -at least it was for me, and I’m glad Calvinist is chiming in!

I’m on some other top secret settings right now (lol…), but I can’t do apples-to-apples testing on the stimulation because I felt it necessary to also jump into the pre-laser topical, and that has always given me a little bit different stimuation -like a much deeper, more encompassing stimulation, but less BAM!

I’ll do apples-to-apples later!  I think the pre-laser topical is actually pretty important!

With the pulse unit, I do think that maybe we should do each setting for three months -maybe even six weeks.  Then switch to the next one, and see if it’s more, less, or equal.  Then once we go through them all more than once, I think we’ll start being able to figure out if one setting gives more stimulation than the other, or if the simple act of changing them up will ensure we get more stimulation!

Exciting times -for those of us that aren’t waiting for OverMachoGrande to get through with the baby stuff, get the supply line back up and operational, get new stuff taken care of, get caught back up, and send them their helmets!  smile  [Soon I promise!]

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 58 ]

November 18, 2011, 09:41 PM

Yeah, keep us posted!  I’ll be an active participant in experimenting with frequencies whenever you’re ready to start cranking out helmets again.  I have a feeling its going to be really interesting to see what the varying results are, based on the individual frequency and the rotation sequence of others.  Seems we are venturing into unknown territory here, which is exciting, to say the least!

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 59 ]

November 20, 2011, 10:40 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WANT IN ON THE PULSED LASERS! HELP!

Hey John, Zone et al!

I am an OLD laser-helmet fan, been lasering since April of 09. Female, and the results are excellent - the texture of my hair is better and I am able to wear it longer - chemo had screwed up my hair big-time and thanks to John’s brilliance, my hair looks like itself instead of old dead candy floss…

My problem (and John, you know this) that while I am a huge LLT-and-OMG fan, I am NOT technical in the least. So here are my questions:

My helmet and power supply date from before the cut-off for things to work with the pulsed drive. Needless to say I’m dying to try it. However I suspect that my diodes are too old etc. John, do I need a new helmet? Please don’t even THINK of telling me I can do it myself. Unless you all want to hear very loud and scary explosions and cursing coming from the direction of Brooklyn NY…

Please somebody tell me what I must do. And John if it means I need a new helmet then damn it, SIGN ME UP FOR YOUR FIRST ONE! Sorry for all the capitals but nobody is more grateful for John’s brilliance and innovation than me, and Zone, the spectralight pulsed drive is a thing of beauty. I’d order it yesterday if I thought my helmet could support it now.

Please answer back. I’m enthusiastic because I know how well all this stuff works, and because I know that the true innovations in hair are happening right here. I’m in, and I intend to stay in, even if it means I have to pester…

Warmly

Hope

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

# 60 ]

November 20, 2011, 03:24 PM

Gregsmom,
I second this comment. I am in the same boat and cannot use spectralight, however I am dying to try it. If this means I have to purchase a new helmet, then I will have to do this in the near future, likely in 2012.

Calbruin

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 61 ]

November 21, 2011, 03:10 AM

Hi Gregsmom48 & Calbruim,

There is actually a bit of a cross over period for the new diodes that seems to fall between June 2009 and August 2009. The best way to tell if you have the new lasers is to check if they have a small hole at the very top of the pcb – see the attached picture the laser on the left is the old laser and the laser on the right is the new style with the small hole.

You will need to remove the heat shrink from the laser to do this check. If you have the old lasers then unfortunately the 8.9Khz will not work and the 2.5Khz will likely not work either – depending on the number of laser you have – 200 to 250 might be ok for the 2.5Khz. The 700Hz however will work with the old diodes.

I hope this helps.

Image Attachments  Diode_Old_Vs_New_V2.jpg

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

# 62 ]

November 22, 2011, 08:41 AM

Spectralight

What’s a heatshrink?

I hate to sound stupid but I am completely in the dark on this stuff.

h

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

# 63 ]

November 22, 2011, 08:49 AM

Hi again

Feeling silly, but I was wearing the helmet when I wrote that, now I’m not. I see the heatshrink, and I’ll strip it off when I have a moment, however:

My helmet is one of the earliest - not even June, it’s from March/April of 09.

Do I understand that there IS a spectralight that will work with the older - the 700 you mentioned?

If so, if I purchase it to try, and it does not work, would it hurt the helmet (cause it to not work as it did originally?)

I’ll check the diode as you explained however I’m pretty sure mine is truly old—and damn successful at helping my hair btw!

h

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 64 ]

November 22, 2011, 09:31 AM

Hey, Gregsmom48!

I’m sorry I’ve missed your phone calls!  You definitely have diodes like mine, which are the older ones.  But don’t worry, it’s a complete misconception that it won’t work -it just means that we (yes, ME TOO) have to use different frequencies than what is deemed to be the “standard”.  This “standard” is considered the “standard” simply because one company has a device that does this.  Yes, that frequency that they use does gives a tremendous amount of stimulation, but so do the ones I’m using, and there is no reason to believe that the “standard” will prove to be the best.

I’m on my second week using the lower frequencies, and I used M1 the first week, and now I’m on M2 (and next week I’ll be on M3, and then I’ll repeat the cycle over and over so I can detect which one is the best).  I think M1 gave a lot of stimulation, but M2 seems to really EXPLODE the stimulation.  I don’t know whether it’s just because the stimulation/soreness has built up a little bit, but we’ll find out!

It’s “hit or miss” with the frequencies.  It all depends on the resonance of the body and the particular frequencies, and there is no rule that the higher the frequency = more results or anything like that.  Also, different frequencies can have different effects on the body.  The good news is that there is A LOT of research already out there on great frequencies to try, we happen to have an expert or two at our disposal, and we can actually change the frequencies in the unit.

So, you don’t need to buy a new helmet!

By the way, we’re keeping the exact numbers of the frequencies a little bit private.  There are people that are copying our work that have don’t contribute anything meaningful to hair loss forums and only have profit in mind, and I’m frankly getting a little tired of it.  We’ll have a private forum that only people that Immortal, Joe, Nidhogge, Zone, or myself know to be real people, like yourself, that are here for the right reasons!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

# 65 ]

November 22, 2011, 10:37 AM

Hey OMG!

I wasn’t concerned about the frequencies, just about whether the spectralight device would blow out my helmet or not!

So here are my questions!

1) Is there a particular Spectralight model I can/should purchase? Which one?

2)Anything I need to do to ensure that I don’t in any way hurt my helmet?

3) I am assuming that once I have it, it’s clear how it operates ie, plug part a into part b.

PLEASE REMEMBER! I’m NON-mechanical, non-mathematical and non-savvy about anything when it comes to this stuff. I am merely a huge fan of what I have personally experienced. thanks. wink

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

# 66 ]

November 22, 2011, 02:38 PM

I tried to do a quick back of the hand calculation on the resonant frequency of skin, as well as penetration depth as a function of frequency, and came across this article as I was researching… a good read:

http://www.ccmr.cornell.edu/education/ask/index.html?quid=734

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

# 67 ]

November 22, 2011, 02:45 PM

Essentially this looks like an optimization problem, where you need to find the ideal frequency to hit both the “right” penetration depth as well as the optimum frequency. I feel like there should be more information out there based on this…

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 68 ]

November 22, 2011, 09:32 PM

It would be cool if a version of the drive was made for the old lasers, that had 3 frequencies supported. From what I gather only 1 of the frequencies of the current pulsedrive is compatible for the old laser helmets.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 69 ]

November 22, 2011, 09:53 PM

Ok, I stil might not be making myself clear…

I’m not exacty positive whether you are asking if the *SAME* three frequencies could be supported (it can’t be done, end of story -but actually TWO of the original three can be supported with old helmets), or whether you are saying three OTHER frequencies in general.

So, I don’t know if you meant:

1) It would be cool if a version of the drive was made for the old lasers, that had THE SAME 3 frequencies supported as for the other helmets.

or:

2) It would be cool if a version of the drive was made for the old lasers, that could support 3 other frequencies that would work with the older helmets.

As I said before, if you meant #1, the answer is that two of the frequencies of the normal pulsedrive ARE supported -but the highest one can’t be.

If you meant #2, let me say it this way….

There are many, many, many frequencies that can be programmed into the pulsedrive for helmets, both old and new -literally, scores of them.  If you happen to have an older helmet, you need to say that to Zone and your pulse drive will be sent with three very usable frequencies that we’ve identified that at least theoretically should have the most benefit. 

I’ve stated in my last post in this thread, five posts up from this one, that I’m starting on the SECOND of THREE FREQUENCIES loaded onto my pulsedrive for older helmets.  I can name five off the top of my head that should be excellent for older helmets, and there are dozens more that are worth trying.  So, there are definitely many frequencies that will work here.

So, I have an older helmet.  I have three frequencies -out of many- that work.  I think that I’ve already identified one that is better than another, and that’s going to go on and on until we’ve found the three best frequencies we can load up on the device for older helmets, and until we’ve found the three best frequencies we can load up on the device for most helmets!

I hope that clears everything up!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 70 ]

November 22, 2011, 10:51 PM

Makes sense now. Wasn’t sure because of the quote “2.5Khz will likely not work either – depending on the number of laser you have – 200 to 250 might be ok for the 2.5Khz.” But that clears things up, thanks!

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 71 ]

November 24, 2011, 10:22 AM

Can’t wait to get started as soon as I get some diodes.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 72 ]

November 26, 2011, 06:43 AM

Just a quick note to anyone who has a helmet made with the old diodes – if you want a PulseDrive unit that will work with the old style diodes please send me a PM.

IGNORE

laurenzo

Rank

# 73 ]

November 27, 2011, 07:11 AM

Hi everybody,

I have just ordered a PulseDrive. Those who have already used it, what are your first feelings?

Thanks !

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

# 74 ]

November 30, 2011, 02:37 PM

Hi I could be interested ordering in 2 spectralight units.
One normal and the second for old laser diode style.

How could be the shipping cost for france ?

—-

About laser messiah, I have some issues with it, many laser diodes are warming !!!
I have to replace them, what could be the best deal buying new ones ?

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 75 ]

December 01, 2011, 04:03 AM

Hey Pierre,

No need to order 2 units I can program a single unit with two frequencies that are compatible with the old diodes and set the third frequency to 8.9Khz. This gives you two frequencies you can use with your old helmet and if you eventually upgrade you will then be able to use the 8.9Khz.

Alternatively if you don’t want to upgrade your helmet I can program a single unit with three frequencies that are compatible with the old diodes.

Adding a second PulseDrive to an order increases the postage cost by about $7.

Hope this helps.

IGNORE

MilGuy

Rank

# 76 ]

December 01, 2011, 06:45 AM

Hey Everyone,

Just used the Spectralight for the first time. Liking it, definitely feel a little more “heat”. The high pitch tone that comes with it is kind of annoying, so I’d recommend ESPN on loud, or some earbuds with your favorite metal band. The 20 minute beep and auto shutoff is a nice touch, and I just unplug the helmet from the Sprectalight at the end, (no more fumbling, making sure I’m connecting +to+ and -to-)

So overall rather pleased, I can feel a certain difference, not much (again just the amount of heat I feel on the scalp) looking forward to seeing if the different modes bring the same good burn.

Anyway, I’ll keep using the ol girl for awhile and let everyone know how it’s going. Keep the faith lads.

IGNORE

what_Baldness

Rank

# 77 ]

December 01, 2011, 06:19 PM

what is older diodes/hemlet?

hey 777 posts by macho man, perfect number!!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 78 ]

December 03, 2011, 12:10 AM

*** GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT ***

When you purchase a PulseDrive unit from me you will receive the user manual via email within 24 hours. The manual will be sent from email address .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and is in PDF format. A lot of these emails seem to be getting trapped in spam filters and I’m getting a lot of enquiries.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 79 ]

December 03, 2011, 01:03 PM

Zone,

Received my helmet a few weeks ago, but never got the manual.  I always check my spam box, so I know it wasn’t sent there.  Could you send me one again?  Thanks.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 80 ]

December 03, 2011, 05:07 PM

Hi Rosariorose9,

I originally sent your manual on the 6th of November - I just resent it now.

I also sent a separate email from the same email address just in case you are not getting emails from me that include attachments.

Please let me know if it doesn’t turn up.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 81 ]

December 03, 2011, 09:35 PM

Received both of your emails this time.  Thanks!!

IGNORE

Runz

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 82 ]

December 04, 2011, 05:16 PM

Is the pulsing visible to the naked eye?

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 83 ]

December 04, 2011, 07:25 PM

Runz - December 04, 2011, 05:16 PM

Is the pulsing visible to the naked eye?

OMG has told me that it is not.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 84 ]

December 06, 2011, 04:33 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven’t been around much my day job is very busy this time of year. The good news is that I’m taking time off over Christmas so will have much more time for your questions. I have been getting quite a few so I thought for my next blog I will do a video blog of the most recent FAQ that I have been getting and explain things in the flesh, so to speak.

What_Baldness,
If you go back a few posts you will see some discussion about old diodes and new diodes this is referring to a change in the design of the Aixiz diodes that occurred sometime around July/August 2009. The older diodes and therefore the older helmets do not support high frequency pulsing they do however work at lower frequencies and OMG and I have been testing a few frequencies that are compatible with old helmets that are producing good results. So if you have an “old” helmet and want to use PulseDrive just send me a PM and I can program a unit for you.

Runz,
The pulsing actually occurs at frequencies that are far too high for the naked eye to see – the naked eye can only “see” frequencies up to around 25hz although anything below 46hz maybe perceived. So anything above, say 50hz can’t be seen by the human eye. The lowest frequency that is produced by PulseDrive is 700hz so clearly this is well beyond the humans eye capabilities. In my up coming video blog I will cover this question and will show a PulseDrive unit connected up to my oscilloscope so that you can all see the pulsing waveform for yourselves.

IGNORE

laurenzo

Rank

# 85 ]

December 12, 2011, 10:59 AM

Hey guys,

Just to know if there is a new forum for the users of the PulseDrive?

Thanks !

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 86 ]

December 16, 2011, 05:51 PM

Hi laurenzo,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please feel free to use this thread to ask questions, discuss results and make any general comments about PulseDrive.

All is welcome mate!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 87 ]

December 26, 2011, 08:58 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I have made a PulseDrive FAQ video and it is available to watch on the blog page of the Spectralight website, check it out here:

Spectralight Blog

Topics covered include:
- How do I connect my Laser Messiah Helmet to PulseDrive?
- Old Diodes Vs New Diodes
- Why don’t the lasers flash when I’m using PulseDrive?
- Why does the power LED stay on?
- What’s coming in the next blog?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.