Here Today Hair Tomorrow

Share/Bookmark

beedlz

Rank

Total Posts: 3

September 18, 2011, 07:19 AM

Hi guys and girls.

I was wondering if I could get some help from the experts here on the forum?

I started noticing hair loss back in 2004.

I noticed my fringe was getting thinner and the hair in the very front became weak and brittle. Eventually I had to cut my hair short. I now have very thin hair in the front and it is noticeable. Looks a bit patchy if you know what I mean.

I went to the hair loss clinic here in South Africa. They gave me some expensive natural shampoo called, “NISIM” and conditioner also NISIM for about $40 each. I could not afford the supplements that went with it, nor the topical solution. $80 was already above budget for freaking shampoo right? Ha ha.

I started using the shampoo and I noticed okay results. Not amazing, but it improved a little.

I moved to London at that point and when my shampoo ran out, I forgot about the hair loss for a while.

When it started to happen worse, I got worried again. I started doing more research. I looked at lasers and supplements. Eventually I approached BOOTS in the UK. They diagnosed with with stage 3 MPB and gave me propecia which cost me like £40 a month!

I paid for the propecia till I could not afford it anymore. I started to buy some other stuff, the propecia generic from india. It cost like £13. I was still battling with MPB, I shaved my head a few times and it’s been tough to stop the thinning of the hair. It did improve a little even with the generic.

I then left for back home in South Africa. I could not get the generic anymore(shipping problems), so I started getting propecia from my local chemist. 

After then reading your articles and doing research on propecia I decided to come off it. I don’t want problems for the rest of my life just because I used that stuff. Plus it was costing a lot. So I thought natural is the way to go.

I bought a book called, “Here Today. Hair Tomorrow” which explains all these compression exercises and massages for the scalp.  Anyone heard of it?

This seems cool, because I don’t have a job at the moment, and I’m not able to spend $300 on a laser helmet. I was wondering if anyone knows this book, and if it actually benefits?

I’ve been messaging and compressing for a while, using Alpecin Liquid. Not major difference, I still feel my head feels tight all the time.

I’m just really wondering if this massaging works? Or am I wasting my time?

Now I’m on a simple, Saw Palmeto, tablet which I take… it cost me like $16. I know the side effects, but natural is cheaper.

I was also wondering, my cousin can get me NISIM shampoo conditioner and the topical lotion at cost price?

It normally is cost like $150 for the whole month, but she can get it for me for like $60.

I was wondering would it be cheaper to buy and make SuperZix II for myself, also massage and compress, and maybe use a clay as well, as the homemade shampoo’s and stuff. Or does NISIM work and can I just use it instead? $60 for shampoo, conditioner and topical lotion is not bad is it?

Also one more question, if I go on the sunbed, and use the head tanners, will that be similar to LLLT?

Thanks all smile

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 1 ]

September 18, 2011, 09:44 AM

Hello Beedlz,

am I correct that you live in South Africa (lucky bastard..)?
Many hair loss sufferes order finasteride via the internet, it is very cheap. However, on this forum we do NOT advocate propecia, and I would say it is like swearing in church..
Saw Palmetto is based on the same workings as propecia, and you might (side) effects. SP is said to be less effective though (reduction DHT between 40 and 60%, while propecia is between 70 and 90%). But again…let’s talk about the great alternatives they provide on this website!

Paying 150$ for a shampoo is rediculous. You leave it in for a few minutes and wash it out..if there are effective ingredients they will be not be absorbed fully, and it seems like you are throwing money down the drain (quite literally). you could have a look at Revita shampoo (30$ a bottle, lasts 4 months for me) or Nizoral. They have ketaconazol which can calm down your scalp, for example if you suffer from seborrheic eczeem.

To answer your final questions.
YES, it will be cheaper to make/buy SuperZix II. I believe it is around 60$ and it lasts 6 months…Using a clay once in a while is not a bad idea, have a look around on this site for more information
(for example http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-newsarticles/clays_for_hair_loss )

And NO, a sunbed will NOT be similar to LLLT (why the hell do you use a sunbed over in SA…). Sunlight does contain a little bit of the effective frequency (a lot of light does). However, it will be a minimum. LLLT is very different to sunlight, and you might have a read into that (http://overmachogrande.com/ ).

Good luck with the hair loss…

——————————————————
As this was my first post/reply, I take this moment to shortly introduce myself.
I live in the Netherlands and am 23 years old. I noticed my hair loss when I was 21, and since then have been trying to battle it. I started out with Revita shampoo, followed 6 months later by Spectral UHP 5% minoxidil. I tried this for about 6 months but hair loss continued quite aggressively.
I start reading on the internet, and quite quickly came to the conclusion that the stories about Minoxidil and Propecia are not very honest. There are many debatable things about this products, but the negative sides seem to be shut quit. This can have many reasons but lets not go into that right now.
I discovered the OMG site, and became enthusiastic! LLLT rocks :D. I ordered my Laser Messiah II around January and have been on it since February 2011. Due to money issues it is ‘only’ 200 diodes.  In April 2011 I also started Super Zix II. 6 months later my hair loss still continuous :(, but it seems to have stabilized a bit. Hoping for the best, but I might have a too aggressive form of hair loss.

IGNORE

beedlz

Rank

# 2 ]

September 18, 2011, 10:29 AM

Hey DZine,

Thanks for your reply wink

Yes, I do live in South Africa. I’m assuming you say I’m lucky, because I live in a land of SUN all day. lol

Believe me though, we have our fare share of problems. I’m not mad about complaining though and I must say South Africa is a cool place to live.

I’m going to definitely try the Super Zix II, I hope I can find the ingredients.

Then I’m going to make a herbal shampoo, suggested on the website.

I’m also going to invest in the clay to use once or twice a week.

I saw there is a herb better then Saw Palmeto called Epilobium, which I am going to try?

The reason I suggested the sun bed, was because I used them for a while years ago when I was in London. I noticed that the face can’t take the same exposure to the UV, so they use LLLT, I think, for the face. It’s a bunch of blue lights, they also go all the way around and also hit the top of the head.
Can I order one of those Messiah helmets fully made and ship one over to SA? I’m just thinking that the cost of shipping and VAT I’ll be looking at close to $500 which is like R4200, which is not bad I guess, but a sunbed session is $8. So I thought it might be a viable option?

I would also like comments on NISIM, they ‘claim’ to be natural, you receive a shampoo to use, a conditioner and a herbal extract to use for $150…

I can get this all at cost, because my cousin works in the industry and all the hair dressers in South Africa recommend this stuff, which they say is guaranteed to work. Hmmm.

So for $60 - $70 dollars I can get all of that and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about NISIM? http://nisim.com/

I will be doing research on the stuff and will post all my findings.

Thanks

IGNORE

beedlz

Rank

# 3 ]

September 18, 2011, 10:30 AM

I did a bit of research and it doesn’t look like NISIM is that great

It has Sodium Laureth Sulfate LOL…

on another post I saw that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is very hectic stuff and used to clean floors and pipes. It’s HEAVY on grease and itt seems like a poison to me. It also has preservatives and all sorts of chemicals and claims to be natural. What’s happening to this world we live in seriously.

If you want to see the ingredients look below… other wise man, I am using this simple method to make my own shampoo .... found on this site :D STOKED!

Ingredient List 
- 4 oz. of Castile Soap (your base) 
- ½ oz.  Rosemary (stimulates your hair follicles, and assists in preventing premature baldness) 
- ½ oz.  Sage (loaded with antioxidants, acts as a natural preservative to prevent spoiling, anti-bacterial) 
- ½ oz.  Nettles (blood purifier, stimulator, and source of nutrients for hair growth) 
- ½ oz.  Lavender (reduces sebum, and also reduces itchy and flaky scalp conditions) 
- 2000mg of MSM (organic sulfur that not only improves the strength of the hair follicle, but also makes the cells of the 
scalp more permeable, assisting the transfer of the herbals through the skin, and into the follicles) 
- One (1) empty 8 oz plastic bottle, or any other empty shampoo or soap bottle. 
- One (1) Mason Jar 
Directions 
Throw all of the dry herbs into the mason jar, and mix them up together.  Proceed to boil two (2) cups of Distilled 
Water.  Add three (3) heaping tablespoons of the mixed herbs into the boiling water.  Pull the boiling water and herbs 
off the stove, and let the herbal mixture sit for 30 to 40 minutes.  After roughly 30 minutes of cooling, put the 2000mg 
of MSM into the herbal mixture.  Once the 40 minute mark is reached, and the MSM is in solution, strain the herbal 
mixture into a bowl. 
Proceed to pour 2 to 2 1/2 oz of strained herbal tea into the empty 8 oz plastic bottle. Now, pour the 4 oz of castile 
soap into the 8 oz plastic bottle. Cap the bottle and shake to mix the ingredients up. 
Your shampoo is now good to go!  Many herbs have positive effects on scalp and hair health, and you can use this 
same methodology to add further herbs into your formulation.  Be creative and, most of all, have fun!  Do-it-yourself 
products can be incredibly rewarding, and best of all, you know exactly what you’re putting on your scalp

JOY!!!! THANKS GUYS YOU REALLY ROCK!!!!

LOOK below for NISIM ingredients to be SHOCKED…

NISIM

F.A.S.T.® Ingredients
F.A.S.T.® Shampoo
Benefit/Use
Water/Aqua
Water
Sodium Laureth Sulfate Cleanser/Surfactant
Cocamide DEA
Sufactant/Foaming Agent
Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Sufactant/Foaming Agent
Glycol Distearate
Skin Conditioning Agent/ Thickener
Cocamide MEA
Viscosity Enhancer
Laureth -10
Emulsifier
Panthenol Part of Vitamin B complex helping oxidize fatty acids and proteins
Inositol Part of the Vitamin B complex found in leaves and seeds of most plants.  Required for healthy hair, skin and for general cellular growth
Cystine Sulfur containing amino acid important in metabolism
Cysteine Sulfur containing amino acid found in many proteins and important in metabolism
Biotin
Important B vitamin necessary for conversion of Amino Acids and fats to sugars
Methionine
An essential Amino Acid, containing sulfur
Sodium Chloride
Thickening Agent
Fragrance/Parfum
Fragrance
Citric Acid
pH Adjuster
Benzophenone-4
Color Stabilizer / Sunscreen Agent
Tetrasodium EDTA
Chelating/Stabilizing Agent
Methylchloroisothaiazolinone Solution
Preservative
Methylisothiazolinone Solution
Preservative
CI42090
Color
F.A.S.T.® Ingredients
F.A.S.T.® Conditioner
Benefit/Use
Water/Aqua
Water
Glycerin Helps Soluilize water and alcohol, a preservative and emollient
Cetyl Alcohol
A fatty alcohol/emulsifier
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
Conditioning Agent
Polyquaternium -7
Anti Static Agent
Behentrimonium Methosulfate
Conditioning Agent
Certrimonium Chloride Solution
Surfactant/Emulsifier
Cetearyl Alcohol
Thickening Agent
Tocopheryl Acetate
Vitamin E Antioxident
Aloe Barbadensis
Conditioning Agent
Dimethicone
Skin Protection/Moisturizing
Camellia Sinensis
Conditioning Agent
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Conditioning Agent
Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch
Skin Conditioning Agent/Humectant
Inositol Part of the Vitamin B complex found in leaves and seeds of most plants.  Required for healthy hair, skin and for general cellular growth
Cystine Sulfur containing amino acid important in metabolism
Cysteine Sulfur containing amino acid found in many proteins and important in metabolism
Biotin
Important B vitamin necessary for conversion of Amino Acids and fats to sugars
Methionine
An essential Amino Acid, containing sulfur
Polysorbate 20
Emulsifying Agent
Fragrance/Parfum
Fragrance
Propylene Glycol
Moisturizing Carrying Agent
Tetrasodium EDTA
Chelating/Stabilizing Agent
Methylchloroisothaiazolinone Solution
Preservative
Methylisothiazolinone Solution
Preservative
CI42090

To be honest I don’t even know what half this stuff is, I’m not a chemist, but it doesn’t look healthy. Ha ha. Thoughts…. So only way to go is NATURAL REAL NATURAL and to make one of these helmets, which I must say looks damn hard.

Peace all you dudes, this is Jay signing off…

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

September 18, 2011, 03:18 PM

Hi Beediz. Shampoo? I’m starting to think it’s the most important thing in any regimen. It’s the one thing we can say with some certainty that we will be compliant with doing over the next decade or two. I mean almost all of us shower every day and wash our hair don’t we?  Let’s start with what we know. We absolutely know that the ingredient ketoconazole will help with MPB. We don’t know that about any other ingredients found in shampoos. There are several shampoos that contain keto. I would recommend the product Regenepure. It has the keto we need but it also has a whole bunch of other stuff that is probably helpful to one degree or another. I would rate that product light years over the shampoo you are using. It costs about $25 and should last you about 2 months if you use it sparingly. I would use it every day. Just do a search for “Regenepure” and you can locate a supplier. They have two products. You want the one that contains ketoconazole.

Super Zix II. Here is a link to the product review I did but the review also talks about the importance of long term compliance:

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-productreviews/superzix_ii_a_homemade_topical_that_can_compete_with_the_big_boys

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum!

IGNORE

Jesse Marcel

Rank

Total Posts: 1

# 5 ]

September 21, 2011, 07:51 AM

Skin Conditioning Agent/Humectant
Inositol Part of the Vitamin B complex found in leaves and seeds of most plants.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.