Transition from minoxidil to SuperZix II

Share/Bookmark

Corleone

Rank

Total Posts: 8

September 18, 2011, 11:40 PM

Hi everyone -

I’ve been using minoxidil for years now and have had solid success – I currently use a generous dose of Rogaine Foam 2x per day.  In recent months, however, I’ve noticed side effects that make me think it is being absorbed systemically (loss of libido and other sexual side effects).  When I stop using minox or cut back my dosage the side effects go away, but I also experience a massive shedding. 

I’m looking at switching over from minox to SuperZix II to maintain my hair and lose the sides, but am worried that if I stop using minox I’ll shed a lot of the hair it’s helped me maintain over the years!  Has anyone successfully transitioned from minox to SuperZix II?  Is it reasonable to assume I could make the transition without losing much of what I’ve maintained?  Would really appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks for your help!

Current Regimen:
Rogaine Foam 2x per day
IM Top 8
Laser Helmet 3x per week
Nizoral 3x per week
Polysorbate 80 4x per week (put it in about 10 min before I wash my hair)

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

September 19, 2011, 12:20 AM

They work by different mechanisms so you will probably take a step backward initially. A compromise would be to drop down to the 2% minox….add 10 mls of Hair Muck to it…..and then continue applying it to all the areas your are presently treating with the 5% minox. We have a study that showed 2% minox was about 2/3’s as effective as the 5% stuff. So maybe the fact that you are reducing minox by roughly 60% will be enough to lessen the side effects from the drug.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.