What naturals to use for greasy scalp inflammation and dht type hairloss?

Share/Bookmark

bigluke

Rank

Total Posts: 19

September 19, 2011, 07:37 AM

Hey guys this is my first post here! I love the site and I’m happy to be a member. Here’s my thing, my hair is doin pretty darn good rite now. I had 2800 grafts to the front 3rd of my head, Dr. Cooley,  and I use propecia every third day. I have been taking it for about 20 months. I eat eat organic foods and take EC, Vit. D3, Sensoril, and biotin. I also have a 300 diode laser helmet that Nidhogge made me and it’s great. Ben on that a couple of years. Thanks DN!

However, I don’t like to take propecia. I started because Dr. Cooley and staff suggested that I do so. And I trust Cooley, he is pretty sharp. But I prefer the natural route. Before propecia, my hair was greasy, greasy greasy!! Well, it’s not that way anymore, and as a result my hair thickened. My question is, what do I need to take to balance the dht and control that greasy scalp when I come off of propecia? OMG, Nid, Joe? Thanks guys for everything.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

September 19, 2011, 01:55 PM

Hi Bigluke. Welcome to the board! Increased DHT in the scalp generally goes hand in hand with increased sebum production. This greasy sebum is the cause of your problem. Cut DHT in the scalp and you will reduce the greasiness.

Compliance is the key in the long run. Whatever you do you need to stick with it. Treating hair loss is not a sprint….it’s a marathon. Start with a shampoo that contains ketoconazole. I like a product called Regenepure. Then get started with a good topical. Here’s my review I wrote on my stuff:

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-productreviews/superzix_ii_a_homemade_topical_that_can_compete_with_the_big_boys

Hope this helps. Best of luck. Joe

IGNORE

bigluke

Rank

# 2 ]

September 19, 2011, 05:30 PM

Joe, that sounds interesting! Do you make bottles and send them out? I would like to try the Superzix II. Thanks!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

September 19, 2011, 05:43 PM

No I don’t but I think you will find it is very easy to make with the kit I supply. Furthermore there is an advantage in that we can tailor the formula to suit your particular scalp condition. If it’s too greasy we can make changes. If it’s too drying we can fix that as well.

Joe

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 4 ]

September 20, 2011, 09:47 AM

Hi bigluke—

We actually have a couple of products designed just for that, both internally and externally.  You can get some more information here:

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t4310-immortal-hair-supplement-line-now-available-pricing-information

The shampoo offered is a completely organic option, and works very well for sebum-removal as well, and that’s guaranteed or refunded!

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 5 ]

September 20, 2011, 10:26 AM

Would second those guys above and note that your supplement regimen could use a boost from the IH 6.  I would come off Propecia with that and Zix for maximum protection.  Of course when I came off Propecia I went on Saw Palmetto (didn’t know about IH regimen) and maintained pretty well.  But also had the same sides over time.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

bigluke

Rank

# 6 ]

September 20, 2011, 01:54 PM

Joe, I would like to buy the Superzix but I am having trouble when I click on the page you left for me. When I click on it, nothing comes up. Thanks!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

September 20, 2011, 05:18 PM

Hi Bigluke. Try this link:

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_formulas_12.htm

Joe

IGNORE

jkenn

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 8 ]

September 20, 2011, 06:49 PM

DM5,

Was the IH6 an effective propecia replacement for you?  Did you lose any hair once you stopped propecia or did you maintain what you had while on propecia?

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 9 ]

September 20, 2011, 07:47 PM

Jkenn,

I started using Saw Palmetto after Propecia and did that for about 6 months with little to any change.  Then I switched to Nettle Root and Pygeum which again held me pretty steady.  Later on down the road the IH Top 3 Curcumin, EC and Krill had kept it pretty steady.  LLLT definitely helped really thicken things up as well and think keep my crown in shape as well. 

Then there is ancillary stuff I take such for adrenal health—Drenamin and Ashwaghanda.  Also iodine for the Thyroid.  Ubiquinol or CQ10, whole food vitamin and Red Algae.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

September 20, 2011, 08:03 PM

To me it’s irrelevant whether the top 6 is as effective as propecia. It very well may be. It very well may not be. But at least you don’t risk permanent side effects and an increased risk of prostate cancer! My god. In the end….it’s only hair! I think it’s stupid to risk your health over hair! With the top 6, the only side effects is that you probably live longer and be healthier!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.