Homemade Laser Tinnitus Device

Share/Bookmark

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

September 20, 2011, 08:46 PM

Several months ago I constructed a simple homemade laser tinnitus device. I hooked up 2 650 5mw lasers to a set of D cell batteries. I added a simple switch. Then I jam them as far in my ear canal as possible. I have not used the device as consistently as I should. However my tinnitus has improved…well let’s put it this way. I have a lot more days where my tinnitus is below the threshold to be bothersome. I consider this successful treatment.

Interestingly I’ve noticed a strange side effect. It seems to cause my sensation of time to speed up. Time just seems to go faster. I take this as a good thing rather than a bad thing. When we are enjoying ourselves does not time seem to mysteriously speed up? I do seem to be more relaxed and my level of happiness has improved. I spend very little time depressed anymore.

Just thought I’d share this observation. I know we have a lot of laser users on the forum. Could this be a way to treat the anxiety and depression related to losing ones hair?

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 1 ]

September 20, 2011, 09:33 PM

LLLT amongst many this is used to treat depression.  There are studies out there actually showing this effect.  I think it increases serotonin.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 2 ]

September 21, 2011, 06:34 AM

2 650 mw lasers will cause serotonin levels to rise…???
I am VERY doubtfull about that.

I believe in the fact that LLLT can be used to treat depression, but not just by hooking up two lasers and putting them in your ear wink

However..I do not have an explanation for your experience of speeding time.
How long does this effect persist? Only during treatment? Or also between?
The fact that your tinnitus goes down could already be a reason to become happy ...

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

September 21, 2011, 07:00 AM

It seems to last for days.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 4 ]

September 23, 2011, 08:29 AM

Actually, yeah… this is getting to be a pretty well known treatment.  I don’t know about the time sensation thing -I’ve always suspected you to be crazy, so maybe this is from that pre-existing condition.  wink  lol… 

I wouldn’t doubt the power of two lasers, though, dZine!  Have you ever tried shoving them up your nose??  I’m being really serious -that’s an amazing blood irradiation treatment, and you can feel the difference systemically!  If you do it, though, you need to use the laser caps (which is why I think maybe 10mW or 20mW lasers might be better as long as they are still in the small casing -that laser lens takes about half the power away [which is why we remove them!]).

We would ALL be better doing that, but it’s such a freaking pain to do it.  There are some nose clips that help, and I’ve thought about custom making a piece for this.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

September 23, 2011, 12:49 PM

Hi John. Yea I’ve tried that. Without the laser caps though. Maybe I’ll give that a try next time. One question I have about blood irradiation….. I realize the nose is very vascular however how could more blood be treated with two diodes jammed up your nose when compared to wearing a helmet with 300 diodes. That’s what I don’t get.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

September 23, 2011, 12:56 PM

Oh one thing I’ve noticed. There seems to be no benefit for tinnitus using the diodes for only 20 minutes. It seems to work better using it less often but for an hour at a time. Don’t understand this either. But maybe it’s because not as much light is reaching the target area like when using the same diodes on the scalp.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 7 ]

September 23, 2011, 02:29 PM

Hey, Joe…

Don’t necessarily rely on the 20 minute timeframe for other, non-hair loss/tissue stimulation things with LLLT!  You’re doing it for a different purpose -unless you are actually only trying to stimulate the follicles inside your nose!  As with wound healing, blood irradiation takes a much longer period.  Yes, your tissue inside your nose would get overstimulated -but it makes no difference unless you are doing it for a really, really long time.  You’re trying to energize blood -not stimulate tissue.

I’m assuming using it in the ears is essentially the same.  It all has to do with bloodflow -not really stimulating that bit of the ear canal that you are irradiating.

As for HOW the blood is treated better with diodes up your nose, I can’t answer that except to say that it’s probably simple anatomy.  It DOES.  You feel it over your whole body much more easily and intensely.  The capillaries on your scalp, ESPECIALLY FOR BALDING PEOPLE, are very constricted -this has been proven.

Use the lens caps when you shove it up your nose… the diodes will absolutely die if you don’t.  It causes a bit of a “snot reaction”, which is one reason why this is so damn hard and uncomfortable.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

September 24, 2011, 08:16 PM

“As for HOW the blood is treated better with diodes up your nose, I can’t answer that except to say that it’s probably simple anatomy.  It DOES.  You feel it over your whole body much more easily and intensely.”

Yea I don’t get that part of it. We’ve been over this before. I’ve experimented with the diodes nasally but I never feel anything at all? How long do you need to leave them in? Of course I don’t remember if I had the caps off or not. Matter of fact I don’t think I even have anymore of those damn things. I’ll have to look around for them.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.