Power supply issue

Share/Bookmark

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

September 21, 2011, 09:26 PM

The 20amp power supply i bought from Aixiz is making a humming/buzzing noise and now the diodes flicker rapidly when my helmet is on.

Anyone know what this could be from?

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 1 ]

September 21, 2011, 10:09 PM

Check the wiring going to your power supply.  Make sure the wires are securely in their proper place with no overlaps or touching between them.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

September 23, 2011, 07:28 AM

Yeah, I’d say you have a problem!!!  Long story short, call them and get them to replace it.

The diode flickering, I must say”, isn’t really anything I’ve ever seen before personally.  I’ve HEARD about it, and I know that if a certain component of the power supply is overloading, this can happen.  I haven’t seen it on these power supplies before, but hey… that doesn’t surprise me.

True story… I was looking at a video on youtube of someone demoing his new laser device from a company [that ripped me off], and he was remarking about the “pulsing lasers”.  I was like “WHAT?!  They have a pulsing device in a personal unit?!  I though that was going to be only ME!”  Well, it turned out that he had that problem.  The lights would go on and off, on and off, at pretty regular, I dunno, two second intervals.  I know that he had this problem because I talked to Dr. Maricle and asked him why the hell the laser company would do that, and he said “they didn’t mean to -it’s a failing power supply”.

Poor guy… he doesn’t know that he has a lemon.  I meant to go back and send him a private message about it, but I couldn’t find the video again and I probably didn’t look as hard as I should.  Maybe I’ll have to go back and do that… karma is a harsh mistress, and I’m supposed to be here in this world to help with LLLT (however that happened!).

Now, I don’t know about a “humming/buzzing” noise, but I am really, really experienced with squeeling noises -and you can eliminate that by fine tuning the “volt adj” knob on the far right.  Do it GENTLY, though.  It sounds like you got a lemon though -or it just failed before it’s time.

Let me know if you need help getting a new one!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

September 23, 2011, 07:41 AM

Ok, so I found that video, and I emailed the guy, and I told him that he potentially might have a defective power supply!  lol…  Karma gods please be appeased!  smile

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.