finally here, saying hello!

Share/Bookmark

Luke

Rank

Total Posts: 15

September 26, 2011, 10:17 AM

Hey guys!
Im luke, been following these forums and trying to join up for while now, im a 20 year old guy from Australia.
I want to take this time to thank all the regulars here for just being good guys and offering great advice to people like me. I really appreciate this place because iv seen the way that other forums operate and thats not the kind of community i want to be apart of.
I also want to thank O.M.G for this site and breathing some fresh air into this whole internet hair loss thing, It is a bloody minefield of con artists and egos and you just cut the crap and do it with a bit of humour too and for that i thank you. my mum thinks your bad ass hahah

I’ve been using a laser messiah for about 4 months and and i can definetly say iv seen regrowth. 
I thought it would feel good to say this but dam im actually scared ill jinx myself!!!
oh well its good to know i stuck to my guns and put trust in the right people. thanks everyone and its great to be here

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 1 ]

September 26, 2011, 01:42 PM

welcome aboard luke, happy to hear about your success

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

September 26, 2011, 04:18 PM

Welcome to the forum Luke. Happy to have you! Congrats on your success so far.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

September 26, 2011, 04:44 PM

Hey, Luke!

I’m glad you’re here -and that’s fantastic that you are already seeing results!  I’m finally getting back to my emails, so there will be more members here this week, I’m sure!

EVERYBODY…

Hey, if you’re navigating around the site (especially when you are logged out) and all of a sudden a link takes you to a page that I call “You’re probably a spammer!”, then let me know!  I’ve changed some of the internal paths for things in the site, and I realized a little while ago that I missed some.  If I have a wrong link, it’s probably going to end up taking you to that page.

See, I’m looking at a tracker that I have on that page, and I’m really seeing some totally bizarre paths -to pages that AREN’T EVEN CLOSE to existing.  The only thing I can assume is that I’ve thwarted spam bots, and they are using their silly little bot brains to try to figure out another page to go to (and it’s not working for them so they get redirected back to the “spammer” page with the tracker).

I keep checking and rechecking the links, and I don’t have any clue how they are getting those links.  It just MUST be bots.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 4 ]

September 26, 2011, 05:20 PM

Ok, so take a look at this -and I think we are seeing the inner working of SPAMBOTS! lol…

First of all, when spambots fall into my trap, they get sent to the page2-sitepages/spammer link (like with the yellow Greece person) -don’t anyone go there, or you might get banned accidentally!

That stuff in pink just HAS TO BE spambots!  All of that “spammer171” and “spammer52” and “spammerforgot_password” crap… NOTHING should come after that “spammer” word!

Not even that ”/viewthread/11/” or the “viewreply/4272” type of stuff -nothing should follow the word spammer! 

So, they are getting sent to that page to begin with because they are going to pages that spambots are normally programmed to go to -pages that I’ve changed the paths to, so no HUMAN would get there.  I essentially have created a trap that snags their IP address, and it Sure as Sammich works (“Sure as Sammich” is one of my phrases I created in honor of one of my stray cats)!

So I guess when a spambot gets trapped on a page like that, it’ll just start trying to make links on it’s own to get out, and try to get to the registration form. 

The yellow highlighted guy from Greece is a different story, though… that was someone that accidentally stumbled onto my spammer page because of my wrong links.  I did fix those.

Anyway, wow… at least I can bust spambots, and if I wanted to block their IPs from the site, I could do that.  What I can do is watch their patterns now, and I can keep learning new ways to beat them -that’s how I learned to beat them like this right now!

I know most of you aren’t interested in that stuff, but it does fascinate me!  What also fascinates me that there are assholes out there that design spambots to interrupt boards this way.  I must say that Norway and Germany surprise me a bit, though!  Normally it’s Bangladesh, Pakistan, and China.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.