New and need advice

Share/Bookmark

intothinhair

Rank

Total Posts: 6

October 06, 2011, 03:09 PM

Hi All,

I’m new here and newbie to all the hair loss treatments and terms.  So, please bear with me.

I’m 42. Even though I still have a full head of hair, it is very thin especially at the top.  I think the thinning started in my late 20’s.

No one in my family has hair loss.  I think the cause of my problem is from the early days where I did not take good care of my scalp and hair and the abuse from excessive hair spray, gel, etc..

In recent years, my thinning has got much worst.  It is probably contributed by stress at work, home ( 3 young kids and wife is lay off ) and stress of hair loss.

I’m not using hair loss treatment right now.  My scalp is always dry and itchy.  I have stop using shampoo for a few month and just use baking soda and vinegar to wash my hair.  They help a litte.

I don’t want to use anything that is unnatural and I don’t think I look good bald.  So, I’m here asking for advice.

Thanks.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

October 06, 2011, 04:44 PM

Hi Intothinhair. Welcome to thr forum!

Well….I can only give you my opinion and some may disagree with me. First it doesn’t matter what you should do for your hair loss. It matters what you will do. The condition is relentless so fighting it is a marathon, not a sprint. That’s why I recommend you start with a shampoo. Opinions vary but I prefer one with the ingredient ketoconazole. To me it’s a done deal that this stuff helps. My favorite shampoo with this ingredient is called ReGenepure. There are two kinds. Get the one that has the ketoconazole in it. You can find it by doing a search. It costs $25 but should last you approximately 2 months. Shampoos never work that great but it’s easy to keep using them indefinitely because almost everyone shampoos their hair once per day.

Now you need a topical. I’m partial to Super Zix II. I am the guy who created it and sells it. You should be aware of that fact. You can read about it here:

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-productreviews/superzix_ii_a_homemade_topical_that_can_compete_with_the_big_boys

Then you should consider what’s known as “The Immortal Hair Top 6”. This is a group of supplements designed to control the condition. I’m sure Nid or immortal will be along soon to discuss these with you.

Then you should consider purchasing a Laser Helmet. The guy who makes and sells these owns this site. They are expensive in the short run but darn cheap in the long run. Once you lay out the initial investment it’s free to use for the rest of your life. If you don’t abuse it there should be no reason why it shouldn’t last that long. The efficacy and testimonials have been very good with this product.

Keep in mind I’m not making a judgement which treatments I recommended you should start first except the shampoo. That you’ll kind of have to figure out for yourself. Keep in mind again this is something you have to keep doing when you are researching the products I have recommended.

If you have any questions post them right on this thread. I’ll be home tonight and can try to answer them in a timely manner. Best of luck

Joe

IGNORE

Immortal Hair

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 120

# 2 ]

October 06, 2011, 04:45 PM

intothinhair - Feel free to check out my site http://www.immortalhair.org

Over the years I have always been updating everything, so some of the information is not totally to date, except for the regimen, which you will find under “current regimen.”

This is an entirely natural methodology.

In addition to the basic regimen, stress is a huge factor.
Trans-resveratrol and Quercetin should be added to the basic regimen
(these are mentioned in the regimen section).

Finally, a heavy metal detox is very useful. More information on that can be found here:

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/5/heavy-metal-detox

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/consultation.htm

IGNORE

intothinhair

Rank

# 3 ]

October 06, 2011, 05:26 PM

Thanks Joe for the information.

For some reason, my scalp does not react well to shampoo.  I try many different shampoo, even organic.

Shortly after I use shampoo, my scalp will become very dry, itchy, and started to develop white flakes.

I did read about the laser helmet on this forum.

As you mentioned, I’m concern about the initial cost and the shedding.

It seems like many people have good long term result.

So, I would definitely consider it.

I will read the your link you posted.

Thanks again.

IGNORE

intothinhair

Rank

# 4 ]

October 06, 2011, 05:31 PM

Thanks Immortal Hair.

You site has a lot of information.

I will try to read everything and let you now if I have any question.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 5 ]

October 06, 2011, 06:22 PM

intothinhair

Do me a favor and read the article at the link below first. Make sure you don’t have this condition:

http://www.qdbd.com/stress_accelerated_androgenic_balding.htm

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 6 ]

October 06, 2011, 10:21 PM

thinhair,

When it comes to the laser helmet, think of it this way.  Let’s just say a good helmet will run you $1,000 just for sake of simplicity.  Like Joe said, it is very inexpensive as a standalone treatment over a period of time.  Knowing that we do need to fight this condition for life (or until legitimate treatment available) in order to achieve any success, $1,000 is completely negligible in the grand scheme of things.  This especially holds true when compared to supplements, shampoos and topicals.  Let’s just use 10 years as a time horizon for example..

Laser helmet = $1,000 up front and should EASILY get 10 years out of it

Supplements at $50 (I spend over $100) per month over 10 years = 50x12x10 = $6,000 (does not include topicals)

I have not experienced laser therapy yet because I just graduated college and am broke as a joke.  However, I am scrapping every penny I can save to get a helmet.  One can never expect a miracle treatment in the realm of hair loss, but I’ve got a gut feeling that it is something that will be extremely beneficial, especially on top of supplements, clean diet and regular exercise.

Check out some of the science/theory behind laser therapy at www.overmachogrande.com and listen to what other people have to say about their personal experience with it.  I’ve heard it’s pretty damn good at restoring some youth and thickness.

To, me it’s a no-brainer purchase if you’re concerned about hair loss.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 7 ]

October 07, 2011, 01:13 AM

Sounds like you have may have a scalp problem. You should talk to some dermatologists before you jump into the whole hairloss forum regimen. We have a tiny amount of information about your situation and people are already throwing lasers, zix and top 6 at you. You dont sound like the typical MPB case. Go talk to a doc.

IGNORE

intothinhair

Rank

# 8 ]

October 07, 2011, 07:48 AM

The Zix Creator - October 06, 2011, 06:22 PM

intothinhair

Do me a favor and read the article at the link below first. Make sure you don’t have this condition:

http://www.qdbd.com/stress_accelerated_androgenic_balding.htm

Thanks for the link.

I don’t think I suffer from this condition.

It is very likely that stress accelerate my thinning.

I notice significant thinning after my kids were born and they are tough.

Below is a breakdown of my stress.

40% - home
30% - finance
10% - work
10% - hair loss
10% - others

Attached is what my hair looks like on the top.

It is hard to accept the fact that I’m losing hair and possibly going bald, but I don’t think it is seriously affecting me.

Image Attachments  IMG_20110901_195908.jpg

IGNORE

intothinhair

Rank

# 9 ]

October 07, 2011, 07:53 AM

NDW - October 07, 2011, 01:13 AM

Sounds like you have may have a scalp problem. You should talk to some dermatologists before you jump into the whole hairloss forum regimen. We have a tiny amount of information about your situation and people are already throwing lasers, zix and top 6 at you. You dont sound like the typical MPB case. Go talk to a doc.

That’s a good advice.

I did see a dermatologist a while back and ran some test, but did not found anything wrong.

I should schedule another appointment because that’s was like 10 years ago.

IGNORE

intothinhair

Rank

# 10 ]

October 07, 2011, 07:59 AM

TrueGround - October 06, 2011, 10:21 PM

thinhair,

When it comes to the laser helmet, think of it this way.  Let’s just say a good helmet will run you $1,000 just for sake of simplicity.  Like Joe said, it is very inexpensive as a standalone treatment over a period of time.  Knowing that we do need to fight this condition for life (or until legitimate treatment available) in order to achieve any success, $1,000 is completely negligible in the grand scheme of things.  This especially holds true when compared to supplements, shampoos and topicals.  Let’s just use 10 years as a time horizon for example..

Laser helmet = $1,000 up front and should EASILY get 10 years out of it

Supplements at $50 (I spend over $100) per month over 10 years = 50x12x10 = $6,000 (does not include topicals)

I have not experienced laser therapy yet because I just graduated college and am broke as a joke.  However, I am scrapping every penny I can save to get a helmet.  One can never expect a miracle treatment in the realm of hair loss, but I’ve got a gut feeling that it is something that will be extremely beneficial, especially on top of supplements, clean diet and regular exercise.

Check out some of the science/theory behind laser therapy at www.overmachogrande.com and listen to what other people have to say about their personal experience with it.  I’ve heard it’s pretty damn good at restoring some youth and thickness.

To, me it’s a no-brainer purchase if you’re concerned about hair loss.

TrueGround,

Thanks for the info about the laser helmet.

Wow, $1000 is too much for me to justify right now.

Definitely, something to consider when I’m better financially.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.