Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate

Share/Bookmark

Kazbar

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

October 12, 2011, 11:47 PM

Hi All,
    I’ve been using an anti-dandruff shampoo that contains Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, should this be avoided?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

October 16, 2011, 05:54 PM

Hey, Kazbar!

I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you!  I’m going to be really slammed until Friday, but by god I’m starting to get caught up!

Yeah, what you want to stay away from is the lauryl/laureth sulfates -that’s the part of the equation that is bad for the scalp (and can block LLLT).  So, from what I understand, the ammonium vs. sodium part doesn’t really matter -a sulfate is a sulfate, and that’s the part that should be avoided for IDEAL results.

I say “ideal” because I still am not sure that these are “deal breakers” -meaing that they have enough impact that they’ll ruin your hair on their own.  They could be a contributing factor, though -and I do notice the difference in the feel of my scalp!

By the way, here is something that causes a lot of confusion, too: Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate is actually OK and found in a lot of “natural” products.  So, it looks almost just like sodium laurly sulfate, but it’s actually a much milder ingredient and is in the shampoo that I’m using now.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Kazbar

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

# 2 ]

October 16, 2011, 11:21 PM

Thanks OMG!

It pisses me off when this anti-dandruff shampoo I’m using clearly states itself as a “NATURAL”
shampoo, “USING NATURAL INGREDIENTS”. Pffft!

OMG or anyone else, is there a shampoo I can get in Australia that contains DLS? Or you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Kazbar

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.