Buying Laser diodes on Ebay

Share/Bookmark

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

October 16, 2011, 10:33 AM

I have looked on ebay for the same spec laser diodes and they are much cheaper than Axis. You get 10 X mini 650nm 2-5mW 4.5VDC Red Laser Dot Diode Modules for only $13.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-mini-650nm-2-5mW-4-5VDC-Red-Laser-Dot-Diode-Module-/120767652233?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1e502189#ht_1762wt_1166

Should I go for this ?

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

October 16, 2011, 11:45 AM

From what ive heard a low quality laser diode can be crap even if the specs are identical to Aixiz. Ther are other variables. I cant say for sure these are crap, im saying there is more to it than specs. Look at the pictures, they look rusted and some of them dont use the same color wires. I would keep looking.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 2 ]

October 16, 2011, 01:57 PM

Ok, do you know any other places that are cheaper than Axiz ? I have one of those laser pointers that is the same spec I have been using on my hair for now LOL. It can’t do any harm wink

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

October 16, 2011, 05:47 PM

It says right in their specs that their output power is 2-5mW.  TWO to FIVE -that’s an awful big range!  In plain English that translates into the range of “it’s not going to work at all” to “it will work”, but you won’t know which one you will get.  2mW, yeah, that *is* pretty much a laser pointer.

The time you use the device to get into the window of energy is dependent on the power and the height of the diodes, and you start messing with one, you’ll have to change the others to compensate.  If you start putting some sort of major variable in there like 2mW - 5mW, then you have no idea what you need to do.

They could be fine for all I know, but I certainly wouldn’t ever put one of those in my helmets!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 4 ]

October 16, 2011, 10:21 PM

the variable is why they are so cheap,heres one from them that is 5mw, no between 2 & 5mw the price…........$4.20

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-5mW-650nm-3VDC-Red-Laser-Dot-Module-Diode-Brass-Case-/110557179740?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bdb8af5c#ht_1915wt_952

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 6 ]

October 19, 2011, 12:25 PM

Anyone please ?

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 168

# 7 ]

October 19, 2011, 11:56 PM

They appear to be focused lasers.  Like a laser pointer. 

You’re looking for lasers where the housing can be unscrewed which will disperse the laser light in a wide pattern. 

Can always cut the tips of them off and see if it works but I’ve never done that. 

Not to mention lasers may be individual preference where one set of lasers may work while another laser even though it has the same mw and wavelength may not give as good of results.  Sounds crazy but really only one way to know.  I believe Maricle called this the dirty properties or something to that affect.  I’ve heard from others that it depends on the carbon content or percentage… whatever that means.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 8 ]

October 20, 2011, 12:42 AM

It’s starting to sound like rocket science. A 5nm 650 laser is just that. Surely ? I have a laser pointer that is 5mw 650nm (it says that on the side) and am using just that at the moment. If that’s the case, how can you be sure that Axiz laser’s have the right amount of carbon ?

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 9 ]

October 22, 2011, 01:17 PM

It’s starting to sound like rocket science. A 5nm 650 laser is just that. Surely ? I have a laser pointer that is 5mw 650nm (it says that on the side) and am using just that at the moment. If that’s the case, how can you be sure that Axiz laser’s have the right amount of carbon ?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

October 22, 2011, 01:30 PM

Short answer:  because Aixiz’s lasers are the exact diodes used in the $60k Sunetics G, the professional MEP-90 that got FDA approval recently, and a buttload of other professional devices -not to mention my Laser Messiah which I feel trumps them all with results. That’s all I need to know about them.

Sure, we can talk about all the rocket science specifics (and we’ve done independent testing of them before), but knowing the Aixiz diode has the most track record of success in the world of hair loss is really enough for me!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 11 ]

October 27, 2011, 01:01 PM

So can anyone recommend a reliable source other than Axiz that are cheaper priced ? I know this site may have leanings to Axiz.

It would be nice to see some photographic evidence here of lasers working grin

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 12 ]

October 27, 2011, 06:09 PM

I sell Aixiz lasers at my volume discount for any quantity to help people out (when I have them to spare, which isn’t always).  You have to email me about it though -I don’t like to broadcast that I undercut my supplier.

As far as photographs, sorry I’ve been too swamped to put up the “Laser Proof” post that I’m working on with Dr. Maricle.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 13 ]

October 27, 2011, 08:06 PM

Marb,

Not to cut you down here buddy, but why would you risk buying a bunch of garbage diodes just to save a few bucks?  If you’re going to make the investment in a helmet, you might as well do it right.  Your hair is worth it!  I don’t know how long you’ve been suffering from hair loss but it’s usually damn hard (impossible for some) to get cosmetically significant results.  If you’re looking to make progress, you gotta go with something that’s reliable; something that has been tested and has produced results for others.  A high quality product is key in this game.  This goes to say for both lasers and topicals/supplements.  Buckle down and save some money so you can get some solid diodes.  I’m getting ready to start a business and buy a rig of a helmet with a Pulse Drive.  I wouldn’t build this helmet with anything but the best inputs, just as I wouldn’t start my business with anything but top of the line equipment.

You can’t take down a combat tank with a water pistol, you better be packing some ordinance!  Hair loss is a tank dude!

Best of luck,
TG

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 14 ]

October 29, 2011, 01:47 PM

TrueGround - Well put. I am almost at the 2.5 year mark with the OMG helmet, and the money I spent to properly attack this issue has never been regretted. I promise you you will be happy that you did this properly.

Calbruin

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 15 ]

October 30, 2011, 01:44 AM

I had a transplant 4.5 years ago that still looks good (especially with longer hair) but the crown is thinning. I use Minox with hairmuck and take fin tabs and other supliments (saw,sea kelp,)

I would hope that the Laser approach will help with this but it would be nice to see people’s results here.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 16 ]

October 31, 2011, 10:46 PM

Calbruin,

Congrats on getting satisfiable results with your helmet.  Those are encouraging words.  What exactly has been your experience so far with laser therapy?  I’m very excited to get mine put together, especially with the pulse drive soon to be available.  I’ve always had a gut feeling its going to make a significant positive impact on my condition.  Of course, knowing the underlying science helps make it a sensible purchase for me as well.

Marb,

I’ve heard lasers are great for maintaining transplanted hair.  I think I remember jdp making a comment about this somewhere.  I’m sure anybody else who has experience here can probably attest.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 17 ]

November 12, 2011, 08:14 AM

Again, it would be nice to see LLT results here grin

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 18 ]

November 12, 2011, 12:30 PM

There have been DOZENS of positive testimonials here!  It’s phenomenal -and I did get your email, and I’ll get back to you.  I had to get in some supplies (and I’m really busy!).

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 19 ]

November 12, 2011, 02:27 PM

Ok grin

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 20 ]

November 27, 2011, 04:26 AM

Jon, I have not heard back from you mate for a good while (have pm’d you ) and I need to know if you can still supply me as I need to get LHT as soon as possible. If you can’t, please can you let me know. Thanks.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 21 ]

December 09, 2011, 04:13 AM

Does anyone know what has happened to Jon ? I have PM’d him a few times but I get no reply. All I need to know is if these diodes are still available but I don’t get an answer. To be fair, I was told to give my details and an invoice would be sent the next day. That was over 6 weeks ago and I have not heard anything. If you can’t sell them that’s cool but please at least let me know grin

I really need to get going with a laser helmet.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

# 22 ]

January 02, 2012, 05:59 PM

I stumbled across OMG’s website about two weeks ago at which point the hunt for cheap lasers started. I now see that you guys seem to be against the cheapos. At this point though, its a little too late for me. I already ordered 200 laser diodes and a power supply direct from china. The diodes are 5v 5mw 650nm units as was specified on OMG’s site and they were only $0.74 per diode. They are dot lasers and not diffused but I’m going to put them closer together and just go for it (they appear to have a screw on cap and lense however so maybe they can be manipulated to a degree). The power supply was only $18 as well and all shipping was free. Hopefully, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, a 5mw 650nm laser is the same regardless of maker (I honestly don’t see any reason for it to be different besides longevity). I will let you guys now how it works out. It will probably be a month or so before they get here and then another little while to get a helmet set up. My hairloss is not terrible and I’m in the earlier stages so hopefully this will get me some results!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 23 ]

January 02, 2012, 09:45 PM

“Hopefully, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, a 5mw 650nm laser is the same regardless of maker”

Actually the opposite is true. The specifications only tell half of the story. Also if the diodes you bought are not in a case with wires soldered to them they are going to be impossible to wire.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 24 ]

January 03, 2012, 06:51 AM

I pulled this from OMG’s site…

“You can dress it up in fancy molded plastic with a timing mechanism all you want, but you are still only left with plastic, laser diodes, and wire that actually make up the brunt of a laser brush/comb/helmet/hood/whatever.  One 5mW output, 650nm device it going to be the same as another.”

I would like to know what the other half of the story is as far as lasers. All I can find is the power and wavelengths as far as classification. What else could there be?

I’m not trying to pick a fight or anything, It’s just rather frustrating that I’m being told that one 5mW output, 650nm device is going to be the same as another and now everyone is saying that they are not the same. Please fill me in because I thought I was on the right track and just saving money.

Also, the diodes that I picked up are fully cased in brass and prewired so that should not be an issue.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 25 ]

January 03, 2012, 06:57 AM

Rothman - January 03, 2012, 06:51 AM

I pulled this from OMG’s site…

“You can dress it up in fancy molded plastic with a timing mechanism all you want, but you are still only left with plastic, laser diodes, and wire that actually make up the brunt of a laser brush/comb/helmet/hood/whatever.  One 5mW output, 650nm device it going to be the same as another.”

I would like to know what the other half of the story is as far as lasers. All I can find is the power and wavelengths as far as classification. What else could there be?

I’m not trying to pick a fight or anything, It’s just rather frustrating that I’m being told that one 5mW output, 650nm device is going to be the same as another and now everyone is saying that they are not the same. Please fill me in because I thought I was on the right track and just saving money.

Also, the diodes that I picked up are fully cased in brass and prewired so that should not be an issue.

This has been my point exactly. It’s like people here have shares in Axiz or something. I know OMG has just been very ill and I am so glad he has recovered but long before that I never did get replies to my offer of selling me the diodes so I have no choice but to buy from Ebay.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 26 ]

January 03, 2012, 12:33 PM

Marb, you’re booted from this site, at least for the time being until you can read a damn thread.  Statements like “It’s like people here have shares in Axiz or something” don’t serve any purpose but to take away credibility from everything that we’ve done here.  We fought that enough at other sites, and I’m not going to justify a response to that any further and I’m not even going to tolerate one breath of that here.

Rothman and everyone else…  You are not logically following this thread.  The point is that the original diodes pointed out were NOT THE RIGHT DIODES.  When someone says “2-5mW output”, that’s a major major flag.  That’s a wider range than any single type of diode would give, so either they are grabbing random powered diodes, or they are all going to be 2mW (which would be ok if you used the device for 45 minutes, not 20).  The ones that ARE 5mW are more expensive than AiXiZ’s.

I’m still too sick to read the thread so I don’t know if it happened here, but from time to time, people post links to just the top “diode” part of it for sale for really cheap, which is also wrong.  You need the entire MODULE, which has the circuit board and wires on the back, or else they are going to be useless to you unless you can do some sophisticated wiring.

So, there isn’t anything cryptic or secret here… people are pointing out wrong diodes, and we are correcting them and we’ve given the reasons why.  Also, in the past, there have been many, many people that have bought cheaper diodes that have had many premature failures, so people are simply warning you against that.  If the ebay guys will replace them, that’s fine.  AiXiZ does it no questions asked, which is why we it looks like we have “shares” in AiXiZ according to some.

I think we said that the 5mW ebay ones were ok -nothing is stopping you from buying them (as long as they are focusable and you can remove the lens caps entirely).  They were MORE expensive, though.

So please follow the thread closely here.

Also, my quote that was thrown back at me was a simplified explanation of the diodes -which I do take the liberty of doing for the sake of repeating myself ad naseum.  As I state all over my site, I mean DIFFUSED diodes with the lens caps off, and of course wired properly.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 27 ]

January 03, 2012, 04:03 PM

I dont mean to be so vague. Here is what i mean: I have read a post on a different forum written by Dr Maricle, a laser expert. He stated that even if two diodes have the same specs they can still be different. He stated there are other things to consider. I do not remember exactly what he said. All i know is that there are other variables. This still doesnt mean that .74 cent diodes wont work. I am willing to bet that they will work.

I personally know of a lot of companies who use the words “quality” and “warranty” to justify a jacked up price. A couple years ago a had a few different companies come out and give me bids for new windows for my house. The sales reps would come out and preach about all the lame gimmicks there windows had, and about how quality they were and of course; the lifetime warranty. They claimed the windows at Menards were cheap crap and there windows were much more quality. But the word quality didnt really make sense to me. To me a window is simply a clear wall that lets light in and keeps wind out. Either it works or it doesnt. I knew it was all just a lame way to justify a ridiculous price. Thats why they force this lifetime warranty on you instead of making it an option. All the bids came in at 4,900 to about 6,000 USD. Instead of paying this ridiculous price, i went to lowes and ordered custom Pella windows for about 1,500 bucks. They look great and i installed them myself. Im sure my windows are slightly less “quality” and are not loaded with all of those lame gimmicks but i saved thousands of dollars.

So we know that Aixiz sells high quality diodes. We also know diodes can be had for much much cheaper. People just need to ask themselves if the higher quality is worth the price increase.

Let us know the quality and results you are getting with your diodes.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 28 ]

January 04, 2012, 08:57 PM

I understand what you guys are telling me and again, I don’t mean to stir the pot or anything I was just trying to save a few bucks. Honestly, I appreciate the time and effort you put into your site OMG and I’m hoping to use the info you’ve gathered to my advantage. I know that you guys prefer the focusable lasers and what I bought (so far as I know) are just plain dot beams. I figured I’d give em a try though. In my opinion, if i can buy diodes for 74 cents then I really dont care if some of them burn out. In fact, I only plan on using around 150 of them so the other 50 were purchased for the sole reason of being spares. I will definitely post results and any information that seems valuable throughout the process. After finding this site I am going to change my regiment entirely adding a few things like clay and ACV as well as dropping the nizoral so the results, whatever they may be, may not all be from the lasers.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 29 ]

January 17, 2012, 06:37 PM

I recieved my lasers in the mail today. They are a bit smaller than I had imagined but I have enough that it shouldn’t matter anyway. I ordered 201 and they sent me 228! Best part about it is that my theory was correct and the focusing lenses were held in by screw on caps. Remove the cap and lense and you’ve got a diffused 5MW 650nm laser diode and they only cost me 65 cents each!

IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0101.jpg

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 30 ]

January 17, 2012, 08:51 PM

The spread of the light looks just like the Aixiz diodes. Are those the 2-5mw, or strictly 5mw? If they are 5mw, care to post a link?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 31 ]

January 17, 2012, 09:21 PM

In my opinion here’s the problem with buying non aixiz diodes…..you don’t know if they’ll work! Are the mw’s the same? Is the wavelength the same? Is the collimation the same? Is the point where the wires are attached to the diode strong enough to be manipulated in place without breaking off? Will this attachment point hold up over time? Will they last as many hours?

So you use these diodes for a year and you don’t get any results. Is it the diodes that aren’t effective for you or is it laser light in general? You really won’t know. So to rule out the therapy was ineffective you’ll have to then buy the aixiz diodes. If you cheap out and don’t buy them you may be missing out on a promising treatment for hair loss. Are you willing to risk wasting the next year just to find out? Are you willing to risk possibly losing more hair that can’t be regrown?

With the aixiz diodes we have a track record of numerous positive testimonials.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 32 ]

January 17, 2012, 11:27 PM

Zix - One could argue the exact opposite of the statements you have just made. What if the mw’s ARE the same, and the wavelength IS the same, the diodes DO stand up over time, and the diodes DO give results, at 65 cent each? How will you ever know if effective diodes can be had for 65 cents unless you test them?

This is a massive price difference we are talking about here. This could bring LLLT to all the people who simply dont have 800-1200 bucks lying around, but could probably scrape up a couple hundred.

Rothman has done a good job. If they dont work, you could say he took one for the team.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 33 ]

January 17, 2012, 11:36 PM

I would, however, like for Chuck Maricle to examine one of those diodes and give his critique on them.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 34 ]

January 18, 2012, 07:07 AM

The listing for them shows 5mW as well as being described as 5mW in the description however, when they show the specs it does say 2-5mW. I guess one can’t be sure. Is there any way to test them? Either way, it may just take a little more time to treat if they are lower than 5mW, at least in theory anyway. I’m approaching this with cautious optimism for now. I am a little worried that the wires may break off given that the soldered joints are exposed. My solution to this is to use silicon self-fusing tape and wrap the circuit board/solder joints thereby securing them and placing the stress on the tape rather than the wires. I purchased them from Aliexpress.com. There are many vendors of these things there. Make sure you look at the minimum order quantity and quantity pricing info as they are different from seller to seller. I can’t quite remember the exact seller I purchased from but he was the lowest price with no minimum quantity order and free shipping.

Be forewarned, shipping from China is very slow and can take over a month. I was lucky and recieved these in two weeks. Also, most of the sellers have very limited english skills if you need to talk to them. I have purchased quite a few items from Aliexpress and the quality is very hit or miss. Some items are quite good while others are incredibly bad.

On a side note, I’m having very good results with my new regimen. I dropped Nizoral and added an ACV/coconut oil/clay mix every three days as well as a nice long coconut oil treatment once a week. I have always suspected that my main cause for hairloss was sebum buildup so the Clay mixed with ACV has already improved my hair quality drastically over 3 weeks. My wife even commented on how thick my hair now looks. Now if I can start regrowing what has been lost, I’ll be exstatic. All thanks to this site too!

BTW, I purchased 5v lasers as they were cheaper.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 35 ]

January 18, 2012, 03:09 PM

Yeah the problem with the whole 2-5 mw thing is that if they are closer to 5mw’s and you are using your helmet for, say, 35 mins you could over-expose yourself and negate any benefits, theoretically. Or if they are 2mw’s and you are going for 20 mins, you will have less results, theoretically. Now im really starting to agree with everything The Zix Creator said.

How long do you plan on using your helmet each session?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 36 ]

January 18, 2012, 03:19 PM

Don’t use tape… go get heat shrink tubing from Lowes or Home Depot (Lowes has a better selection) and do it right!  I think it’s the smallest size (bring in a diode to check), and you can cut each tube probably about 8 or 10 or more times so one pack will go a long way.  You can use a lighter to shrink them right on (and you may want to have a couple of lighters handy because you’ll end up eventually burning yourself).  I had to do this once when I was in a pinch during a worldwide diodes shortage after Chinese New Year because the only available diodes were ones without the heat shrink over the circuit boards.

This is an *extremely* important part, so definitely do this.  Flexing of the wires without stiff heat shrink tube protection will cause the wire solder to get weaker where they connect on the circuit board, and this is how demon diodes are born!  You NEED that protection!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 37 ]

January 18, 2012, 03:35 PM

Actually Rothman, i have been looking at Aixiz specs, and googling laser terminology and im starting to think that the 2-5mw is the range at which they can operate. If you look at the specs of Aixiz diodes you will see the differential efficiency is 3-5mw. I think if you give your diodes the full 5 volts you should have no problem getting the full 5mw output.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 38 ]

January 19, 2012, 01:42 AM

That makes a lot of sense and is quite encouraging. Thanks for the research NDW! At this point I am still waiting for my power supply and a few other odds and ends I need to get moving on the helmet.

Definitely going to go the heat shrink route. Now why didn’t I think of that?!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 39 ]

January 19, 2012, 09:04 PM

No problem Rothman, im loving your avatar, btw.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 40 ]

January 19, 2012, 09:27 PM

Rothman….your avatar is the best I’ve ever seen!

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 41 ]

January 20, 2012, 05:36 AM

My power supply came in today!

IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg

It’s a 40 Amp unit so there should be no issue powering everything.

Glad you guys like the avatar! It’s great to see that the good Dr. Paul is getting more attention nowadays.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 42 ]

January 20, 2012, 06:28 AM

Hey Rothman,

I’m not sure if you are interested in pulsing your lasers however just looking at those diodes I doubt that they will be compatible with my PulseDrive unit.

In order to be compatible they would need to be able to cope with 8v input drive. Even though the Aixiz diodes run on 3.2V they can be driven with in excess of 8V. The important factor with the Aixiz diodes is to ensure that the RMS voltage is 3.2V which I manage with the square wave duty cycle, however the diode control circuit must still be able to cope with the 8V drive.

Cheers,
Zone.

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 43 ]

January 20, 2012, 09:44 PM

GO RON PAUL!!!!!!!

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 44 ]

February 08, 2012, 08:07 PM

Been a while since I updated so here goes… I just recently recieved the last of my materials in the mail. All of the lasers are now de-lensed and heat shrunk. I have to say that taking the lenses out was a pain in the butt as they were all thread locked together and it was a very tedious process to get them all squared away without destroying them. The head band is complete and the helmet portion is about half done. It will probably be another couple weeks before it’s done. I work long hours, have a two year old and have very little tinker time unfortunately. It is coming together though. With all materials, I have just over $200 invested.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 45 ]

February 08, 2012, 09:11 PM

I’m going with the laser helmet made by OMG. I like the idea that all the lasers he gets are of the best quality. Rothman - I hope you can get finished soon and start your LLLT protocol!

There’s a company called ManeGain - they have an interesting laser therapy that has 3 components. Visible light from I believe 4 different colored diodes, LLLT diodes, and magnetic field therapy. Wonder if there is anything to the 2 other components besides LLLT?

www.manegain.com

IGNORE

BSD

Rank

Total Posts: 17

# 46 ]

February 09, 2012, 02:18 AM

Ok, where do we get magnetic pulse helmets?.. lol.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 47 ]

February 09, 2012, 09:00 AM

Yeah I know - it seems like there are all kinds of “therapies” we can do. To my understanding in this case, the inventor (I talked to him on the phone - he’s a physicist) ran a coiled wire through the arm of the device that sweeps over your head back and forth. I’ve studied physics and when you run a current (electrical) through a coiled wire, it creates a magnetic field. This magnetic field is supposed to treat inflammation by effecting ion transport in and out of the cell. Specifically, calcium 2+ cations.

I don’t know about doing this in a helmet (expense? efficacy?) but you can get a magnetized hair brush. The sweeping motion of brushing you hair with the magnetized bristle will also create a magnetic field. Think about those magnetic bracelets people wear - why do they do it? what are the health benefits? Supposedly physical therapists use magnetics for athletes when treating injuries.

I dunno though - maybe we should post a new thread and see what people have to say

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 48 ]

February 09, 2012, 05:25 PM

Back to the main focus of the thread. If one is strapped for cash, here is another idea. http://www.overmachogrande.com/index.php?/omg/do-it-yourself/embryos_messiah_033_a_moveable_cluster_design/

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 49 ]

February 17, 2012, 06:18 PM

I haven’t really had time to update untill tonight. I took a day off of work last week and spent all day finishing my helmet. I have used it 4 times since then. I also started taking pictures to track progress. I am going to try to take a few pics weekly. All of the lasers were functional except for one, One dud from the whole batch isn’t too bad in my opinion.  I didn’t originally plan on using all of the diodes but in the end that’s what happened to get the coverage I needed. I’ll keep updating as time progresses.

Lovingly named after the place of origin for it’s components…

... I present to you the “Beijing Beam”

Picture14.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture15.jpg

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 50 ]

February 23, 2012, 04:44 PM

I have used this several times now and so far, all of the diodes are still working. Obviously it’s way to early to say whether or not it’s working but, I have noticed that my hair is more oily than it was before. I’m not sure what that means, if it means anything at all.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I added a small visor, so to speak, at the front of the helmet. It extends from the edge of the helmet towards my head to protect my eyes from all of the stray light. After a few weeks of using this, the stray laser light was really making my eyes sensitive.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 51 ]

April 07, 2012, 04:31 PM

A little more than two months in now and still no dead, weak, or overheating diodes. I can’t speak much for results at this point. I am still taking progress pics to track results. I still have a steady but minor shed. It also seems (at least too me) that my hair quality (not quantity) is improving very slightly. Maybe that’s more wishfull thinking than true results but it’s still to early to be sure of anything.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 52 ]

May 28, 2012, 02:29 PM

Another update….

I now have one officially dead diode, I have yet to check the wiring but I’ll bet it’s just trashed. Just over the 3 month mark at this point. I quit using minox all together and have slowed the rate at which I use clays/coconut oil. Lasering is the only thing I’m using aside from the sparse clay and oil treatments. I started a fairly rapid shed about two weeks ago that seems to be slowing. I can’t tell from my progress pics if anything has changed. I do not attribute the shed to quitting minox as that was quite a while ago. My hair quality is better than before I started lasering but they are still thin little guys. The only “evidence” I have so far is that my friend at work asked if I was still using the laser helmet to fight my hairloss because he thought my hair looked better. I pray he’s right.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 53 ]

June 11, 2012, 12:48 PM

The shed has sped up again. I’m loosing hair now at an alarming rate. It’s now noticeable (in the mirror) how much I’ve lost just in the past few weeks. I hope this is the start on new growth because if it’s not, well…. let’s just hope is a new cycle. I don’t see any new, fine hairs so that’s another worry.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 54 ]

June 11, 2012, 04:56 PM

Rothman - May 28, 2012, 02:29 PM

Another update….

I can’t tell from my progress pics if anything has changed. I do not attribute the shed to quitting minox as that was quite a while ago.

I’ve heard plenty of people say that their shed started ONE YEAR after quitting minox -and even without any other treatments.  Most are in the six month range.  I don’t know when you quit it, but if you quit minox even in the “6-12 months ago” range, then I’m just saying you aren’t safe yet.

That shit is horrible.  If a noob is reading this and considering starting minox, don’t do it.  I seriously hear how people are destroyed by this almost every day.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 55 ]

August 19, 2012, 02:11 PM

Update…..

I’m starting to think that the shed was due to a new hair growth cycle. I started using super zix 2 about a month ago and am very pleased with it. Right now my only regimen is using zix twice a day and lasering every other day for 20 minutes. My hair was getting quite bad during the last shed but it has become fuller again and seems to be getting even better than before the shed. It is thicker and healthier for sure. When I rub my hands through it there is some resistence rather than going straight through the week little thin hairs like before. I really think the zix is making a big difference in the equation.

As far as the helmet….

Still only the one laser that has died. I have made the mistake of leaving the helmet on over night twice now with no ill effects on the cheapo diodes.

So far so good, hopefully things continue to progress the way they are right now.

IGNORE

SunShine

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 56 ]

October 09, 2012, 03:10 PM

Just out of curiosity , I bought a few lasers mentioned in this thread and ran a few tests.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320974139675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Lens removed at

3 volts the output is just under 1mw.

3.4 to 3.5volts output gives approx 5mw.

I say approx cause they vary from one to another by about 1mw.

when I ran at 5volt the output shoots up to 16mw.

Using the same laser power meter, the aixiz laser at 3 volts shows approx 4.5mw.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 57 ]

October 09, 2012, 04:09 PM

Very interesting. Could you possibly test 5 volts for an extended persion of time and see if the diode burns out? I’m using those type diodes for treating tinnitus using 3 volts. Adding a third d-cell battery would be 4.5 volts. Perhaps I could cut the amount of time necessary for treatment? But would the diodes burn out almost immediately or would they last awhile?

IGNORE

SunShine

Rank

# 58 ]

October 10, 2012, 07:42 AM

Zix,  with 3 x 1.5v batteries the output is 12mw.

I have not tested for an extended period till the diode burns out, and do not wish to do so.

The specs for this laser diode is incorrect.

They have to be run at 3.5volts to give you 5mw output,  we dont know how long they will last,
and the lack of a regulator on each diode does not help.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 59 ]

October 11, 2012, 04:53 PM

Oh wait…those don’t have a module to regulate the current. Interesting. I might get me some of them and see how long they would last with 4.5 volts. 12mw? Hmm…interesting. Even if they only last 50 hours that would be more than fine.

IGNORE

SunShine

Rank

# 60 ]

October 17, 2012, 09:38 AM

Here`s a twist .. to these laser diodes.

I got a 2nd lot from a different seller, and at 3volts the output is 5mw.

there is a small resistor on the laser , on the first lot tested above, marked 910 (91ohms).

the 2nd lot its 390 (39ohms).

So the 390 marking will give 5mw at 3v.

Image Attachments  L1.jpg

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

# 61 ]

October 26, 2012, 05:16 PM

Mine have the 910 resistor. I’m running them at 5v so I think I’ll cut my treatment time back a bit. I am having a fair amount of success so far running them as is though (my crown is slower to respond but everywhere else is doing quite well). Thanks for the info!

IGNORE

SunShine

Rank

# 62 ]

October 29, 2012, 04:27 PM

Rothman

Since the Chinese make copies of copies , yours may be different, unless you have a laser power meter, I would get a couple of Aixiz lasers and compare the brightness.

My hair responded well to my 360 diode laser helmet I build in 2009. I have maintained what I had and got a little back.

Image Attachments  l3.jpgl2.jpg

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.