LLLT Topical Before Lasering?

Share/Bookmark

BaldIsNOTDestiny

Rank

Total Posts: 19

October 23, 2011, 07:32 PM

I saw this video and it got me wondering. Has anyone tried a topical before you laser that might improve blood flow? It states that they put a Lemon Juice/Olive Oil blend in before the treatment sessions.  I first thought that it would hinder the laser penetration but apparently not, this guy had amazing results!

I’m concerned with the part that starts at 1:27 nothing else really.  Check it out and let me know guys

http://youtu.be/CDyuNrihDQY 

IGNORE

BaldIsNOTDestiny

Rank

# 1 ]

October 23, 2011, 07:37 PM

http://youtu.be/CDyuNrihDQY

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

October 23, 2011, 09:32 PM

Yeah, we’ve talked about that a lot over the years!  We’ve played around with it -and actually for me, I think just straight up emu oil or emu with a little alcohol works better for me.  The thing is, a pre-laser topical is sort of a pain in the ass to use because now you’re looking at TWO SHOWERS: one before lasering and one after. 

I think it’d definitely help a lot of people, though.  It is scheduled to mentioned in the “Laser Usage Protocols” video that I was supposed to make two years ago! lol….

Feel free to let us know if you do it!  Like I said, it just ends up being too much of a pain in the rear for me to do it long term.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

BaldIsNOTDestiny

Rank

# 3 ]

October 23, 2011, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the response OMG.  I think I am going to try it out and see what happens because so far my hair and scalp feel dry after LLLT sessions.  Ill play around with the ingredients and let you know what works.  Right now I think I’m going with: Lemon Juice, Aloe Vera, some sort of Oil and adding in some Bromelain Powder. 

The dryness could be due to Poly 80 though, I feel like that has just been draining the life and moisture out of my scalp :/

You mentioned Emu Oil..Is that your hair oil of choice? I have not used that but I use a Mix of Coconut/Jojoba/Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Does Emu supply more nutrients to the scalp?

IGNORE

BaldIsNOTDestiny

Rank

# 4 ]

October 23, 2011, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the response OMG.  I think I am going to try it out and see what happens because so far my hair and scalp feel dry after LLLT sessions.  Ill play around with the ingredients and let you know what works.  Right now I think I’m going with: Lemon Juice, Aloe Vera, some sort of Oil and adding in some Bromelain Powder. 

The dryness could be due to Poly 80 though, I feel like that has just been draining the life and moisture out of my scalp :/

You mentioned Emu Oil..Is that your hair oil of choice? I have not used that but I use a Mix of Coconut/Jojoba/Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Does Emu supply more nutrients to the scalp?

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 5 ]

October 24, 2011, 03:09 AM

So what about Polo 80 in this?
Should it be used as a pre-shower topical?

Personally I am not a big fan of Poly80…it is way to sticky, and sometimes I feel like I am actually pulling out haires while massaging it in…

Anyhow, back to the pre-laser topical. I suppose it is enough just to wash your hair afterwards..(not a complete shower).
Isn’t it bad to wash your hair that often?
I mean, in the shower I first clean it (Nizoral 2%, 2 minutes). Then I wash it again using Revita (5 minutes) and in this case I would wash it AGAIN 30 minutes later….

IGNORE

BaldIsNOTDestiny

Rank

# 6 ]

October 24, 2011, 03:25 PM

I apply Poly 80 everyday as it is an ingredient in my Herbal Glo regimen.  I feel like it is really drying out my scalp so I’m not sure how exactly to solve it. 

I decided Im not going to keep trying different things and HOPE that they work.  Im going to see a Trichologist to figure out my specific type of hair loss and solution.

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 7 ]

October 29, 2011, 05:27 PM

some help in this please?
I am getting a more and more itchy schalp. Unsure of this is due to ketoconazole or general dryness or…?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 8 ]

November 17, 2011, 11:41 AM

By the way, I’ve been talking about this topic in this thread:
http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/667

I think that maybe a pre-laser topical instead of the shower at first, THEN take the shower after the treatment might be what you should do here.  I still like emu oil -it’s an extremely deep penetrating oil.  The problem for me is that is does leave my hair a too greasy after I use it a few times (but maybe the key here is putting polysorbate 80 on my scalp before the shower), and I’ve always gotten a bit of a headache because I feel like it’s penetrating TOO MUCH (that’s just a “feeling”, though, and I doubt it really is!).

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.