What happened to hair cloning?

Share/Bookmark

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

November 29, 2011, 03:19 AM

Did they abandon it, or is it still in progress?

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 1 ]

November 29, 2011, 12:35 PM

check out replicel..
http://www.replicel.com/

they have some nice youtube movies explaining the concept..
They say it will be ready in 2015…

(The first human clinical trials began in Tbilisi, Georgia in December 2010. Data from this trial is expected to be available in Q1 2012. Further clinical trials are planned for 2012)

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 2 ]

November 29, 2011, 10:35 PM

Beat me to it dZine.

Yeah, this really has potential to be the one thing in our lifetime that will be a complete game changer.  They are basically developing a cellular hair transplant.  Only one punch is required to obtain a healthy hair follicle and allow the dermal sheath cup cells to multiply into millions of new cells in a growth medium.  If this technology works (which it’s looking good so far), we will have virtually unlimited donor hair and a permanent cellular replacement solution.  In other words, a potential end to this god damn nightmare!  They say this should be available by 2015, but it could be longer.  It could also take less time than that!  Keep your fingers crossed boys (and gals) and hope for successful, speedy trials.

I think the one thing
to take away from this is that we should be more proactive than ever in attempting to at least maintain or even regrow a little hair from what we have now.  Develop a solid, consistent regimen so this future procedure will be less expensive when we get it (more hair maintained = less extensive of a procedure(s) = less cost) and can say we at least had SOME hair during the wait.  Not to mention, if Replicel turns out to be a dud (doubtful), then most of us who have been serious about our regimens can hopefully say we’ve stabilized our hair loss anyway - meaning we are still better off than not doing anything about this and aren’t putting all our eggs in one basket.

Either way, I think things are looking good - not only for hair loss, but anti-aging in general.  I’ve come across something seemingly remarkable that I’m going to hold off on sharing with you guys until I’ve completed my due diligence - but this looks GOOD!  Good for hair loss, good for anti-aging and good for our financial situations.  Plus, this is something that is totally unique.  I truly believe the future is bright!

Sit tight, folks.

Until then, I’m getting my helmet and pulse drive rig together and sticking to my tight regimen more religiously than ever.

One love,
TG

IGNORE

what_Baldness

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 3 ]

December 01, 2011, 06:13 PM

nice words mr truE!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.