Increasing IGF1

Share/Bookmark

jads

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

December 13, 2011, 04:46 AM

This is really interesting !  http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateIGF10-11.html

“This recently published study lends credence to the prior studies on hair growth stimulation and cutaneous IGF-1, by conclusively demonstrating that Dihydrotestosterone, (DHT) inhibits hair growth by inhibiting IGF-1 production in dermal papillae.”

So DHT screws with your IGF levels in the scalp !  Ahaaa….

IGNORE

Luke

Rank

Total Posts: 15

# 1 ]

December 13, 2011, 05:42 AM

nice post! now does anyone have any ideas apart from steroids? i shall now seek googles council

hmm thats funny, I had a hunch that the hormone DHEA was useful in creating igf-1 and i was right..
I was prescribed it not long ago as my DHEA levels were pretty low,  I didnt end up taking them even though i trusted the doctor (she was very smart and not the usual clone, she knew her stuff on natural medicine, not to meantion she looked 30 but was 50) i was just a bit scared of messing with my hormones… I mean, if i learnt one thing from propecia!
But i suffered from depression as a kid and its supposedly tied in with low DHEA,  wondering if thats why my mums side of the family are either mentally ill or bald!
Im thinking maybe its something i should give a go, has anyone here had any experience with it?

IGNORE

Luke

Rank

Total Posts: 15

# 2 ]

December 13, 2011, 05:54 AM

double post, my bad

IGNORE

jads

RankRank

# 3 ]

December 13, 2011, 06:26 AM

several things appear to influence IGF-1 levels in the blood.

1. Exercise - training with weights regularly
2. Whey protein - usually used with training regimes. I have taken whey protein for many a year, however this didn’t stop my hairloss per se.
3. According to hairloss research, the combination of Soy Isoflavonnes and Cayenne Pepper (capsicum) increased blood levels of IGF-1 after several months.

4.  LLLT !

“. The results of the Saygun et al. study showed that LLLT increased the
proliferation of human gingival fibroblasts and increased
the release of basic fibroblast growth factor, insulin-like
growth factor-1 (IGF-1), and an IGF-1 receptor [25”

However, what if you didnt have good levels of IGF-1 any longer, how would laser assist IGF-1 in that instance, if at all??  I’ve been on laser for 18 months and still have diffuse loss.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 4 ]

December 13, 2011, 07:56 PM

I’d love to hear somebody knowledgeable chime in on the the long-term effects of soy consumption, particularly soy isoflavone supplements.  I’ve been taking them for quite some time now under recommendation of the guy from hair loss research.  I’ve spoken with him on the phone a few times - seems very knowledgeable.  It also seems to make a lot of sense that the traditional Japanese diet consists of many soy products + green tea.  They have virtually no MPB, until introduced to more westernized diets and lifestyles.  I feel there is a strong connection there, as I see many young Asian males in America with various hair conditions (mostly premature greying and MPB).

I hear soy and green tea together are pretty potent at inhibiting DHT via SHBG up-regulation.  Studies also suggest soy isoflavones have positive effects on collagen production and skin health in general.

Then, there’s the school of thought that freaks out because soy is technically a phyto estrogen.  This could be troublesome for hair.  Kelly from mpb-research thinks soy is great for hair and my hair loss condition was quite stable when taking isoflavones with green tea.  I’ve recently backed off because I don’t know what to believe, due to SO much controversy over soy products, health and hair.

Yet another source of massive confusion for me in the supplementation/diet realm.

IGNORE

jads

RankRank

# 5 ]

December 13, 2011, 10:22 PM

There is confusion around Soy consumption, yes.  Maybe it’s politically motivated, it’s hard to say. 

This sheds some light on the argument.

http://honestnutrition.blogspot.com/2010/12/mercola-weston-price-wrong-on-soy.html

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.