Found a GREAT natural boar bristle brush

Share/Bookmark

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

December 14, 2011, 12:22 AM

For those of you looking for an alternative to the ridiculously expensive Mason Pearson natural boar bristle brush, which can cost more than $150 big surprise , I found a great alternative on Amazon.  It’s the ‘Acca Kappa Professional Pro Pneumatic Hair Brush, Oval, All Boar Bristle’.  While certainly not cheap at $45, it’s one third the price of the Mason Pearson, and is actually a better quality brush.  The bristles are 100% boar (many brushes that are called ‘boar bristle’ are actually a mix of boar and plastic), firm (but not too firm), and generous in number (there are more bristles than on the Mason Pearson).  The brush handle is wood (as opposed to the plastic of the MP), and so it’s quite handsome.  I’ve been using a boar bristle brush as part of my hairloss regimen for almost forty years, and I firmly believe that it has helped me.  OMG has, of course, an article on the subject on this site.  In any event, if you’re interested, the brush can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029U0YD2/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

IGNORE

yanks1

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

# 1 ]

December 15, 2011, 07:13 PM

what makes it so good? i paid 15 dollars for mine a while back and i don’t really see how it can lack quality

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 2 ]

December 15, 2011, 08:28 PM

100% boar bristles.  Generous in number.  Full sized brush head.  Sturdily constructed, so that the bristles will not fall out with use. If you are able to find that in a brush for 15 dollars, my hat is off to you, my friend!

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 3 ]

December 22, 2011, 10:19 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Rosario!

I purchased my boar bristle brush for about $15 a good 9 years or so, and still have it.  A fair amount of bristles fell out, but it still does the trick for what I use it for; exfoliation.  Have to admit though, you have me curious as to the difference in quality.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.