Hair loss at side of head (above side burns and ears etc.)??

Share/Bookmark

Xander

Rank

Total Posts: 3

January 02, 2012, 12:17 AM

Hey guys

Firstly happy new year! Hope everyone had fun last nite or the nite before depending on global positioning!

Second, I’ve been experiencing rapid thinning at the sides of my head. From above the sideburns, through to above my ears. Both sides of my head, worse on my left side.

I’m 27 and I have a receding hairline that I’ve been trying to keep under control, and it seems to be going not too badly. But the hair loss at the sides of the head has really taken me by surprise. It happened rapidly over a period of about a month. The rest of my hair appeared to be stable but the sides was very very rapid.

This shedding occurred in mid-june last year, and has been relatively stable since then. But I did lose about 50% of the hair in those side areas where a loss of hair occurred.

I thought it may have been a vitamin deficiency or something so I got on some supplements Multi, fish oils etc….but because the hair loss is in a location which is fairly atypical of the MPB I’m a bit stumped as to what the cause may be and how to go about treating it, and indeed if it is at all treatable.

So does anyone have any experience with this type of hair loss?
Ideas on the cause?
Possible treatments?

I’d, really appreciate any thoughts on this,
Cheers, Xander.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

January 02, 2012, 01:05 PM

I’d like to hear any thoughts on this as well. i have one spot behind my ear that has thinned over the last few years.  If I cut hair short it definitely shows.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.