Lifetime of the Laser Messiah II

Share/Bookmark

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

January 04, 2012, 11:44 AM

I was wondering how long your lasers last on average…

Yesterday I borrowed some specialized safety glasses from a friend (just to be on the safe side, don’t think it is really necessary) and checked my diodes.
From the 200 diodes I have, 11 don’t work at all, 6 shine a very weak light and from 1 more the wires are disconnected…
So after 9 months of usage, almost 10% of my diodes is gone.

What is your experience in this?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

January 04, 2012, 09:04 PM

There are some occasional batches that have increased occurrences like this, and 20 is pretty high for nine months.  But it doesn’t matter… AiXiZ has never failed to replace a diode, which is why I buy from them!  So, you can get replacements.

EVERYONE should check their diodes often, and you don’t need safety goggles to do it with these diodes. 

The Laser Messiah is great for many reasons, and user-replaceable diodes is certainly ONE OF THE BEST! ALL diodes from any manufacturer have a certain failure rate so it doesn’t matter where you get them -you’re going to have failures (especially when you have 200, 300, 400 and not twenty one!).  See what happens if your diodes fail with some of those other devices!  In my efforts to continuously evolve the helmet, having the customer be able to swap out the diodes themselves with minimal effort will always be of the utmost importance.

If I were you, I’d contact AiXiZ instead of me right now, though, because not only am I still less-than-100%, I’m so backed up when I finally CAN work that it’s ridiculous (which makes me happy, by the way!).  I’ll tell Chuck that someone needs 20 replacements from the more problematic batch from 9 months ago.  You might have to send them to them, so you may need pliers to snip them out.  Oh, you’ll need wire strippers -do you have those?  If not, then I might have to send them to you instead as soon as I’m able.

If you don’t mind, if you or anyone else have diode problems, contact me directly instead of making a thread.  The reason is the same reason I spelled out in the “Newbie Questions” thread about why forums are horrible.  I’ll get 30 emails over the next few weeks with people asking about diode reliability now because people are going to assume that my AiXiZ diodes don’t last long, which is entirely false -they are the best on the market.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

January 04, 2012, 09:05 PM

By the way, while we are here, answer me this… when the helmet is on and you are looking at the top of it, do you see GREEN LED LIGHTS on the circuit boards?

Oh, and this thread is titled wrong… the “Laser Messiah” is the completed helmet.  That’ll last eons, and there isn’t anything to worry about with that because I’ll fix it if something happens to it.  You’re asking about the diodes inside the helmet, so this should be titles “Lifetime of the diodes”!

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 3 ]

January 05, 2012, 01:27 AM

They last until your cat gets a hold of it. No im just kidding… kinda.

But actually Aixiz does have a great return policy. Here is my experience:

Me to Aixiz: “Hello i bought a power supply and now it seems to be defective, blah blah blah”

Aixiz to me: “Address?”

Me to Aixiz: I gave him my address

Aixiz to me: “Done”

A few days later i had a new power supply.

With a return policy like that you can be sure that they try their best not to put out a defective product. But with all electronics, it happens sometimes.

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 4 ]

January 05, 2012, 11:05 AM

OK thank you for your reply.
Will contact AiXiZ about this and let you know what happens..

edit: can you change the topic title?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.