Anyone take Aspirin?

Share/Bookmark

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

January 08, 2012, 04:28 PM

I’m far less knowledgeable than most of you folks around here but seeing as how aspirin is an anti-inflammatory, could it be feasible that taking an aspirin every day may help slow hair loss? Or even something a little stronger like ibuprofen perhaps. Just an idea. What do you guys think?

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

January 08, 2012, 09:12 PM

I do know of people over at Immortals forum who take aspirin daily as part of there hair loss diet. I do not know any of the details except that it is based off of the work done by Dr. Ray Peat. Its worth looking in to. I definitely would not take the ibuprofen though.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 2 ]

January 08, 2012, 09:39 PM

I steer clear of all nsaids including aspirin.  A healthy anti-inflammation style diet and supplements is my way to reduce inflammation.  I don’t trust this Dr Peat guy.  He acts like the stomach bleeding is no big deal.  Stomach bleeding from like half an aspirin a day nearly kill my mother once.  I hate people who downplay real dangers and I never trust them afterward either.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 3 ]

January 17, 2012, 05:31 PM

it’s awful that such a thing could happen to your mother, but I don’t know if aspirin could be classified as a real danger….people have died from drinking too much water, and i wouldn’t associate drinking water with being a threat. And as has been pointed out another post, all supplements can have negative side effects, even the most widely accepted such as fish oil.    Aspirin is a safe supplement, and has been proven to save people’s lives. It’s truly awful that your mother had such an intense reaction, but that is far from a normal experience.

I know nothing of Dr. Peat, but aspirin is an amazing creation.  I highly doubt on its own that it could affect hair loss, but it is an interesting idea to add to a regimen and probably worthy of further research.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

January 17, 2012, 09:33 PM

I know of a 24 year old guy that died from taking aspirin. He had a hemorragic stroke. One aspirin a day would be 325mgs if I remember correctly. When taken daily, 80mgs is the standard dose. I wouldn’t take more than that. However at that dose I doubt you’d see any antiinflammatory effect.

I can say that it’s looking more and more like Ibuprofen is the easiest stuff on the liver and a better long term choice. But we have zero evidence this will do anything for hair that I am aware of. Just my humble opinion.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

# 5 ]

January 18, 2012, 07:20 AM

It was just a shot in the dark. Mabye I’ll add a small dose of Ibuprofen to my regimen to see if there is any helpfull effect.

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 168

# 6 ]

January 18, 2012, 05:15 PM

Aspirin in any dose is not good for most people and causes more problems than it helps. 

Ibuprofen is also not good.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.