OMG’s schedule: I’m getting [a little] better, and Laser Babe is going to be induced on THURSDAY the 12th [err, 19th now]!

Share/Bookmark

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

January 08, 2012, 06:34 PM

Hey, guys!

I have a thousand unanswered emails, and I know a lot of you are wondering when I’m going to be back at it!  I’m getting a little better, and the good news is that we are going to induce labor on January 12th -FOUR DAYS FROM NOW!

So, there will soon be a little “Laserette” or “Laser Kid” or whatever we’re going to call her!  Her name will be Claire, by the way.  Hopefully she’ll end up looking more like the laser babe than me, but the 3D Ultrasound actually looks just like me.  Ha ha ha!  [Most guys won’t want to see, but if anyone wants to see a gross baby ultrasound, here it is: http://www.johnchristianjr.com/claire/ ]

This is actually great for timing because we thought it was going to be between the 19th - 26th, which means I would have started getting back in business and then I would have to shut it down again! lol…  Anyway, I’ve got to do some things around the house -assemble the crib, figure out where to store all the stuff I had to move out of that bedroom, etc- but I’m going to start answering email this week, and I going to go ahead and assume that I’ll be back making helmets really soon after that -maybe even Monday the 16th!  I’ve got helmets on the schedule already, but I’ll try to knock them out quickly.

The Laser Babe will be helping me do [very easy but time consuming] things, and that will help me really speed up this crunch time.  For those of you that don’t know, her company completely shut down while I was in the hospital so dozens and dozens of people were jobless before Christmas (her company’s main customer was Neilson, and Neilson decided to outsource to India), so she can help me now!  Wow, awful timing when big hospital bills are due, but thank goodness they extended the insurance until the end of this month.  I got the bill today and my little seven day stint in the hospital was $16,000!  Glad I don’t have to pay it.

Ok, so just to recap, we’re going to have the baby this week, and I’ll be back full force hopefully the next week.  So, ONE MORE WEEK, and I’m back, baby!  Oh, there isn’t anything wrong with the Laser Babe or anything -it’s just a preemptive sort of thing to make sure that there aren’t any complications.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 1 ]

January 08, 2012, 06:42 PM

Welcome back, John!  Hope everything goes smoothly this week. 
Looking forward to getting a helmet from you!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 2 ]

January 08, 2012, 09:07 PM

“Hopefully she’ll end up looking more like the laser babe than me.”  Lmao, yes lets all pray that this is the case.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 3 ]

January 08, 2012, 09:42 PM

OMG,

Congratulations on the upcoming new addition, I hope all goes well this week!

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 4 ]

January 08, 2012, 10:53 PM

Great, great news, my friend.  I’ll be lighting candles on the 12th for you and your family!

IGNORE

beleza08

Rank

Total Posts: 1

# 5 ]

January 08, 2012, 11:22 PM

Great to hear you getting much better and congrats for the new addition!

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 6 ]

January 09, 2012, 05:31 AM

Before she is born she already has her own domain-name :D
Good to hear from you.

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 7 ]

January 09, 2012, 01:19 PM

OMG,that is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!

Claire will be one lucky baby - with an awesome mom and dad. And speaking as a mom, January birthdays are excellent for school: she’ll be one of the oldest in the class. You want that. wink

So glad you are getting better. We’ll all be thinking of you.

warmly
h

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

January 09, 2012, 10:57 PM

Thanks everyone!  We’re definitely getting the place ready!

I had a bit of a tough day today because I had to mess with power tools and drive around town all day getting everything set up, so I didn’t want to take my hydrocodone.  I’m not the smartest guy in the world, but being big, lumbering, and left handed, I have a disadvantage with some of these power saws, etc. anyway so I stay the hell away from them even when I’ve had ASPIRIN.  Wow, though, that hurt, and it’s disappointing that after over three weeks my pancreas still hurts this bad, but I’m still slowly getting better.  My blood glucose levels are getting lower and lower, so that means I’m starting to produce insulin on my own a little bit better again.

I felt so bad that I even snapped at Dr. Maricle a little in an email, and he called me to ask if everything was allright. lol…  Oh, but don’t worry… I’m on that hydrocodone now!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 9 ]

January 10, 2012, 10:54 AM

Ok, we might not be scheduled for the 12th anymore.  The Laser Babe’s doctor actually had to start undergoing chemo a few months ago, and something has apparently happened or something because she no longer can be there on Thursday because of it.  There is another doctor lined up, but we don’t know whether or not they can keep with that Thursday schedule.

This is sort of like being told that Christmas is December 25th, and on the 23rd you’re told that Christmas might actually be on New Years!  lol…  It’s a little frustrating, but it’ll all work out.

I haven’t started the email yet, and it’s probably still going to be a couple of days.  I only got about 1/2 of what I wanted to do yesterday actually done.  Bear with me!

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 10 ]

January 12, 2012, 11:26 PM

WOW!!! john your gonna be a dad sooooo soon!!!! a HUGE pre congrats to you and the laser babe!! thrilled to hear you are doing better, i hope to be around a bit more, but recently i’ve had a few personal setbacks that are mostly time consuming..

that ultra sound is very cool..

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 168

# 11 ]

January 18, 2012, 05:11 PM

Congratulations and good luck to the both of you tomorrow! 

Wishing all the best.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 12 ]

January 18, 2012, 06:22 PM

Thanks, man!!!

Less than 12 hours before we go to the hospital!  Can you believe it?!  I’m a strange combination of nerve rackingly anxious and absolutely bored out of my mind waiting for the time to pass!  Ha ha ha!

I have a 24/7 streaming cam on the [currently empty] crib, by the way, and I’ll send you the link by email!  I really want to set up security cameras all around my house, and this is sorta the first step.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

# 13 ]

January 18, 2012, 06:57 PM

That’s a coincidence.  I’m currently buying what’s needed for a 4 channel security system after spending a bunch of time researching the good brands from cctvforum.com   I’m going basic right now where it’s not internet/smart phone capable but later I may upgrade the camers with KT&C cameras as they appear to be the best/cheapest brand according to those who put together security systems for a living.  They also recommend Dahua DVR’s by the way.  Even the cheap models are said to be better than other brands. 

Anyhow, congratulations on being a father!  Very exciting!

IGNORE

Kazbar

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

# 14 ]

January 18, 2012, 07:02 PM

Great news John! Congratulations!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 15 ]

January 20, 2012, 02:09 AM

OMG’s laser babe gave birth to Alison Claire at 6:30pm Jan 19th.

A big congratulations to you both John! I know that your little girl will bring so much joy to your life!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 16 ]

January 20, 2012, 02:35 PM

Yep!  6:31pm according to them, but their clock was fast one minute, but I know the *real* time!

I’m going to put the pictures, videos, link to the streaming webcam, etc. on my facebook (/johnchristianjr).  I always keep that page completely OPEN because since nothing is truly private on that site anyway, I might as well only ever post things that I don’t have a problem with people knowing about!  I think that’s probably the best way to address some of those privacy issues.

Anyway, here is the picture that looks the most like me!  From straight-on, she still looks sort of like a generic baby, though, so it’s tough to see what she’s really going to look like for sure, but the good news is that we think she has the Laser Babe’s HAIR genetics!

clairebirth-1.jpg

Here is the Laser Babe BEFORE the delivery…

clairebirth-2.jpg

...and here they are right AFTER!

clairebirth-3.jpg

Single guys out there, marry a hot wife.  That’s my suggestion for happiness.

I don’t think they gave us that little “Aunt Jemima” bow on the cap -I’ll have to look around.  They may not want us to have anything that readily identifies the gender, though, just for security reasons in the hospital.

Thanks for the kind wishes, and the BUSINESS should be back up and going on Monday!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 17 ]

January 20, 2012, 03:58 PM

Alison Claire is GORGEOUS!!!  And since when does a mother look that good so soon after giving birth??!!  Congratulations, my friend!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 18 ]

January 20, 2012, 04:57 PM

Great pictures John! Welcome to your new life mate.

IGNORE

Kazbar

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

# 19 ]

January 20, 2012, 05:39 PM

Hey John, Congratulations again. She’s beautiful!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 20 ]

January 20, 2012, 06:13 PM

Now we know what John was doing at exactly 6:30pm 9 months ago! Hahaha raspberry

Congrats!

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 21 ]

January 20, 2012, 06:31 PM

Absolutely beautiful—both of them!  8)

Very happy for you amigo!

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

# 22 ]

January 20, 2012, 08:42 PM

Congratulations!

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 23 ]

January 20, 2012, 08:53 PM

Wow. Awesome. Congratulations. Gonna be an awesome ride. smile

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 24 ]

January 20, 2012, 09:42 PM

OMG (meaning OH MY GOD..lol) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! what a beautiful baby!!! may Gods blessings be with all of you..

IGNORE

PrettyPrettyPrettyGood

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 25 ]

January 21, 2012, 09:27 AM

Hey Congratulations Buddy! Beautiful baby.

And how does LaserBabe look so good just after giving birth?!!!
Hope you two don’t have many sleepless nights grin
Take Care mate

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

# 26 ]

January 21, 2012, 09:47 AM

Congrats! Now the real fun starts. Mine just turned two, what a freakin handfull.

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 27 ]

January 21, 2012, 09:49 AM

Congrats O.M.G, she looks beautiful.
I am sure you and laserbabe will be wonderfull parents!

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 28 ]

January 21, 2012, 11:01 AM

Congrats John!  Well done buddy!

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 29 ]

January 21, 2012, 11:01 AM

Congrats John!  Well done buddy!

IGNORE

needsomehair

Rank

Total Posts: 3

# 30 ]

January 21, 2012, 11:17 PM

Congrats smile

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 31 ]

January 22, 2012, 06:13 PM

Congrats John. I’s so happy for you.

IGNORE

Superman777

Rank

Total Posts: 18

# 32 ]

January 22, 2012, 10:08 PM

Congratz man!

“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
                                              -Benjamin Franklin

“Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice”
                                              -W.J. Bryan

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 33 ]

January 23, 2012, 08:32 AM

Mazel Tov!

warmly
h

IGNORE

yanks1

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

# 34 ]

January 23, 2012, 03:39 PM

Congratulations John!!

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 35 ]

January 24, 2012, 12:49 AM

Congratulations John and Laserbabe!  That’s awesome!  I’m betting she’ll be a whole lot more fun than any of the animals that you’ve been around.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

mtinamer

Rank

Total Posts: 2

# 36 ]

January 25, 2012, 11:02 PM

OMG, when are you starting to reply to emails again? Congratulations on the new addition by the way. smile

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 37 ]

January 26, 2012, 12:32 AM

Well we all definitely know that she’s going to have a beautiful head of hair, and she’s never going to lose it!

IGNORE

blue.razer

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 38 ]

January 27, 2012, 12:13 AM

OMG - congratulations on the new addition.  Let me know when you get around to making helmets again - I badly need one - I am experiencing some rapid hair loss and am thinking that I will be a norwood 5 in about 6 months - really need help.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 39 ]

January 27, 2012, 02:02 AM

blue.razer - Thats tough. Why don’t you make a new thread and tell us your situation. Maybe we can give you some quick advice to stop the bleeding while you figure out a more elaborate strategy. Care to share what are you currently doing to stop the loss?

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 40 ]

January 27, 2012, 01:39 PM

Congratulations John OMG!  What a beautiful family!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.