Anyone using anti adrogen topicals

Share/Bookmark

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

January 14, 2012, 03:35 PM

If so can you explain what your using and your results.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

January 14, 2012, 05:07 PM

Super Zix II is designed as an antiandrogen. Zinc/b-6 5AR type I inhibitors. Saw Palmetto/betasitosterol are believed to be Type I and II 5AR inhibitors. Polysorbate 80 is believed to be an antiandrogen as well.

Ketoconazole found in Nizoral is also an antiandrogen.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 2 ]

January 14, 2012, 05:32 PM

Thanks for the reply zix!

I’m really interested in zix, especially from a financial standpoint. However, I was wondering if you could make it without alcohol and if so would that hinder it’s effectiveness? I have a very sensitive scalp so alchohol is always a concern.  I was never able to tolerate minoxidil and im actually glad now I couldnt. Does Polysorbate 80 tend to irritate the scalp?

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 3 ]

January 14, 2012, 06:55 PM

Poly80 actually is quite soothing to the scalp. Just like most oils, it feels comfortable and calming (besides the sticky part).
You should not have any problems with that. I think removing the alcohol will make it less effective (less penetration) and it will expire faster. But I am sure ‘Zix Creator’ will have a better answer :D

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 4 ]

January 14, 2012, 08:07 PM

I add anhydrous caffeine powder to my daily shampoo.  It supposedly is anti-dht.  I also apply Tea Tree Oil twice a week, which has anti-androgen properties. 

Hard to isolate my results, but I think my caffeine shampoo works well, but I think doing lllt is key for getting optimal results.  TTO helped me get rid of my scalp itch years ago and I think it help stabilized my hair line.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

January 15, 2012, 01:01 PM

Hi Neutron. I would be willing to bet your scalp irritation from minoxidil was mainly due to the PPG rather than the alcohol. Furthermore minox generally contains 30% alcohol. Super Zix II contains roughly half that amount. We also have success stories with people cutting that amount by half as well.

Among the natural enthusiasts, many are closed minded regarding the use of alcohol. That’s a shame. First alcohol is a natural penetrant and preservative. Alcohol is found everywhere in nature. Secondly we have actual studies showing it has no detrimental effect of the hair follicle. Do you really think Upjohn would have put it in minoxidil if it did? Would they not want their product to work as well as possible to increase sales?

So wait a minute here….we have a natural penetrant/preservative that has had actual studies done on it showing it has no detrimental effect on the follicle and we don’t want to use it? I don’t understand this.

The only draw back to alcohol seems to be it can have a drying effect on the scalp. However we balance this with the gylcerin found in the Hair Muck (one of the ingredients in super zix II). Glycerin penetrates the scalp and then draws moisture from the air directly into the skin.

The point is that Super Zix II, because you make it yourself, can be altered slightly to meet your particular scalp condition. Polysorbate 80 can have a drying effect too. It helps remove excess sebum from the scalp…..which is just a glorified way of saying it removes oil from the scalp. Again this too can be altered.

If you’re having problems with irritation just email me and we can ususally brainstorm and fix the problem.

Hope this helps. Joe

IGNORE

cloud9

Rank

Total Posts: 11

# 6 ]

January 16, 2012, 10:36 AM

I have heard that you cant use minox with super zix . Is that true ?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

January 16, 2012, 05:13 PM

Yea I don’t recommend it. If you use minox I would recommend you add the Hair Muck to it. 10 mls added to a fresh bottle of minoxidil makes it more effective in my opinion. Remember minox does nothing to block 5AR/DHT….but adding the Hair Muck will. The glycerin in the Hair Muck also helps with the scalp irritaition associated with imnoxidil.

It’s the zinc in super zix II that I believe is incompatible with minoxidil. I believe it renders the minox inert and ineffective.

IGNORE

vulture

Rank

Total Posts: 10

# 8 ]

January 16, 2012, 08:18 PM

I used Genhair 0.25 finasteride lotion 6 sprays once a day for 5 years.  Recently I contracted epididymitis- so painful I couldn’t walk or sit down properly for any length of time for almost 2 weeks.  I thought it would be permanent but seems to be resolving now. 

I felt Genhair was a great product (grew back a full crown of hair where I was almost bald) but the recent groin issue was too painful to chance to coincidence (don’t want to relive it) and now that I’m off topical fin for a few months I feel sharper (realize I had lived with brain fog).  No discernible sexual sides for me- on or off.  However, the downside of being off the fin topical is that now my itchy crown has come back and I’m losing hair again in that area.

I ordered the laser messiah and sent a deposit but I recognize that OMG has had some health issues of his own.  He also has a baby coming and I’m not the only guy in line so I’ve had to find other solutions. 

Update: Right now as a topical on the affected area I use rosemary oil (once per day in the morning) with natural calm topical magnesium as the carrier agent.  This combination seems to work the best for me.  If I am feeling inflammation in the evening I turn to lemon oil with aloe as the carrier on the affected area (I am alternating lemon oil with eucalyptus or lavender oil depending on what benefits I need).

I do believe in natural medicine though.  I’ve been taking a variation of Immortal Hair’s supplement list for about 5 years.  Many health benefits - including on hair, skin, weight, and anti age.  Thanks Brian, really appreciate.  I look forward to getting my crown inflammation under control with OMG’s help and the collective wisdom of the truly interested on this site.  Good luck everyone.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.