Micro-Needling for Better Penetration of Topicals and Increased Circulation

Share/Bookmark

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

January 26, 2012, 12:52 AM

I’ve read that micro-needling creates small pores in the scalp, and can be great for stimulating hair regrowth. The delivery of topicals like minoxidil or others are able to penetrate at a deeper level; transdermal penetration is key for anything to have an effect on the skin. I have actually tried it a few times before using minoxidil, and the feeling is completely different. When I do the micro-needling before applying the minoxidil I feel an instant warming, tingle sensation on my scalp. It makes me feel like the product is working.

I have also read other claims that micro-needling itself without any topicals may have beneficial effects like an increase in circulation, breaking up excess sebum, PRP, etc.

http://www.nanothick.com/nanogen_scalp_roller.htm

Any thoughts?

Image Attachments  microneedle.jpg

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 1 ]

January 27, 2012, 04:29 AM

Even though this post actually seems to be a bit of spam/promotion…
I am a bit curious about this. Some peopele swear it helps them tremendously, others say it is a complete scam.

IGNORE

cloud9

Rank

Total Posts: 11

# 2 ]

January 27, 2012, 12:56 PM

dmso is a good delivery of topicals .

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 3 ]

January 27, 2012, 05:49 PM

Not a spam or promotion. I just am trying to weed through all of the information that I’ve read about hair loss treatments. I can’t do every protocol that has been recommended or talked about. So I was hoping that members on this site would have input. That’s why I put the post up in the first place.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 4 ]

January 27, 2012, 05:55 PM

I just read about DMSO - basically a solvent that is able to pass easily through membranes. I wonder though - do product s like polysorbate 80, etc. dissolve in DMSO. If they don’t disassociate, then the DMSO will absorb, but the others will stay on top of the skin, right? However DMSO looks like it has some anti-inflammatory and healing properties; it’s probably just a good thing to use by itself.

cloud9 - do you know where I can get some good quality DMSO?

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

# 5 ]

January 29, 2012, 06:52 AM

I’ve been looking into the needling thing and can’t seem to find many first hand user provided info far as results. Almost evreything I’ve seen has come from some website trying to sell them. That being said, the theory seems sound. It makes sense that there would be more white blood cells and just circulation in general to repair the “damage.” If you look around there are several different needle lengths for different types of use. They can be had on ebay for next to nothing. It doesn’t make much sense to buy one that costs a lot of money because they are considered a disposable item as the needles will dull and are no good after 6 months or so. I’m thinking about trying it.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 6 ]

January 29, 2012, 03:04 PM

Either way they can be had for about a fifth of the cost of the one posted above. Here’s one:
http://www.amazon.com/Rejuveness-conditions-stimulating-production-Treatments/dp/B004HZG9RC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327867381&sr=8-1

This one has a lot of reviews : http://www.amazon.com/Microneedle-System-NEW-SPA-1-50mm/product-reviews/B002F4Z18A/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 7 ]

January 29, 2012, 03:16 PM

tanner84 - January 27, 2012, 05:55 PM

I just read about DMSO - basically a solvent that is able to pass easily through membranes. I wonder though - do product s like polysorbate 80, etc. dissolve in DMSO. If they don’t disassociate, then the DMSO will absorb, but the others will stay on top of the skin, right? However DMSO looks like it has some anti-inflammatory and healing properties; it’s probably just a good thing to use by itself.

cloud9 - do you know where I can get some good quality DMSO?

Be careful.  I used DMSO only once.  I ended up in the emergency room with hives all over my body, and I’m someone who has NEVER had an allergic reaction to ANYTHING.  Remember, it’s basically a solvent, and will carry anything into your bloodstream which happens to get mixed with it.  I would say that if you’re going to try it, I’d make sure that you get the purest DMSO you can get (i.e. pharmaceutical - not industrial - grade)- and I’m not sure even that will guarantee that you won’t have the same problem I did!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.