Rapid Hair Loss

Share/Bookmark

blue.razer

Rank

Total Posts: 7

January 27, 2012, 02:13 AM

I am experiencing rapid hair loss - while I am waiting for the Laser Messiah II (I havent had a chance to place an order with OMG yet) - but I have started on:

Green Tea (Primodial Performance)
Curcumin (Jarrow) and
Resveratrol (Jarrow)

but my hair keeps falling out.  My crown is starting to expand rapidly and the rest of my hair is thinning.  I noticed that my hair started falling out rapidly about 3 months ago.

Any suggestions:

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

January 27, 2012, 04:53 PM

Do you know why your hair is falling out so rapidly, or has it always been like that?

Has the Curcumin/Resveratrol slowed down your shedding at all? Usually people report significant reduction in shedding with that combo, but these people probably also have other aspects under control as well.

If you are in your twenties your going to need something for DHT. That’s one thing you seem to be missing. If adding something for DHT does not significantly slow your shedding, I would have to say that there are other factors at work here. The main culprits are usually stress, thyroid, toxic burden, and hormone imbalances. Diet plays a huge role in this.
Diet and stress are the two titans that rob billions of hairs from people’s heads every year.

I know this is a pretty generic suggestion, but you should look at this thread for DHT inhibiting ideas: http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/723

At your pace, I would use a topical, and internal DHT suppressing agent until you can gather more info on your hair loss.

It also would not hurt to increase vitamin D and E levels.

IGNORE

blue.razer

Rank

# 2 ]

January 27, 2012, 10:43 PM

Thank you NDW for your suggestions.

I am 37 years, just wanted you to be able to tailor any further our suggestion you might have based on my age.

Do you have any suggestions on the internal DHT suppressant?

IGNORE

blue.razer

Rank

# 3 ]

January 27, 2012, 11:32 PM

Does Revivogen work?  Anyone using it?
Does it have any side effects?

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 4 ]

January 28, 2012, 12:04 AM

Well obviously finasteride is King Kong when it comes to reducing DHT. I definitely would not recommend finasteride though. I have never tried any natural DHT inhibiting products, so I can only go based off what I have heard.

Here is a list of some “DHT blockers:” Saw Palmetto, Beta Sitosterol, Lysine, Pygeum, Epilobium, and Nettle.

As far as ready made products there is: Super Zix 2, any shampoo containing ketoconazole, prostate supplements, DHT Probiotic, and FolicaMD. This is the short list, there are many more. Take a look at RejuvePlex too, it has some interesting ingredients.

nidhogge seemed to be pretty impressed with the FolicaMD, and DHT Probiotic seems to be a good choice as well. Also, Super Zix 2 is held in pretty high regard.

Ultimately you’re going to want to find out why the increased shedding. IMO the best way to do this would be to get some blood tests done and consult with either Danny Roddy, or Brian Simonis. M.D.s seem to be pretty worthless in this regard. Stopping hair loss is not that difficult. A large percentage of people on MPB forums have done it.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.