Thinking about adding Zix..

Share/Bookmark

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

January 28, 2012, 10:30 PM

Hello Community!

I’m trying to get back with my laser treatments and seriously considering a topical.  I wanted to see what the consensus is for the natural zix treatment? Is anyone currently happy with the results or can someone share some positive experiences?  I’ve had a very sensitive scalp and alot of topicals irritated.  It seems that the PPG in minoxidil is what really got to me. 

Also, I remember awhile back when zix was a newer treatment and caught fire people discussed the zinc “burining out” your folicles with time.  I dont think there is any science behind this but it seemed like people initially had some success that tapered off into clearly negative experiences.  Can anyone shed some light on this. 

Thus far, I’m liking this cost effective natural approach. Plus I remember OMG stating that he felt the zix may have helped him avoid a shed.  Does anyone find that this treatment helps hair stay in its growth cycle longer?

Thanks Everyone.

IGNORE

Luke

Rank

Total Posts: 15

# 1 ]

January 30, 2012, 01:35 PM

hey mate, i dont think i will ever stop using zix.  If i miss a few days of zix my scalp becomes itchy and sore… I dont know anything about it burning out follicles lol?  all i know is my head feels like i have an extreme case of mpb when i dont use it and when i do use it it feels almost like when i was a kid… so yeah i cant argue with that

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 637

# 2 ]

January 30, 2012, 05:29 PM

Luke in my experience a scalp that “feels good” is a very positive sign. That’s because you are cutting DHT, which is cutting sebum production, which is cutting the inflammation associated with excessive sebum.

Burn out theory? I’ve explained this so many times that I just can’t bring myself to do this right now. Suffice it to say there is no such thing as “zix burn out”.

IGNORE

Luke

Rank

# 3 ]

January 30, 2012, 09:37 PM

yep! I missed using it last weekend due to a very busy schedule and by monday i finally realised im not wasting my time applying it.. it feels pretty bloody good to know im doing something right and not paying out the a** ha. Its funny that I would have read this when i first started coming on hairloss forums and think, is this guy a salesman? lol anyway cheers joe and everyone else on this site, legends

IGNORE

Charly

Rank

Total Posts: 14

# 4 ]

January 31, 2012, 05:09 AM

So which zix do you use? 1 or 2

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

January 31, 2012, 08:20 AM

I would recommend Super Zix II. You can purchase a kit here to make it yourself:

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_shoppingcart.htm

Joe

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 6 ]

January 31, 2012, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the responses everyone!  Just to clarify, the whole follice burnout thing I heard many years ago when zinc/b6 first got popular.  It seemed like alot of people tried it and initially they had some success.  Then things seemed to taper off.  However, I reviewed your link and there seems to be much more in super zix than the original versions. Plus, I think there was originally alot of hype surrounding the treatment but not alot of consistent usage.  It seems like people around here have more experience with advanced formulations.  I’m willing to give it a try and hopefully it will help.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

January 31, 2012, 08:59 AM

You have to keep in mind that the original zix formula was an enemy to all the web sites that had forums. These forums were all commercial in nature and the owners often didn’t appreciate the fact that a simple inexpensive treatment, that they made no money off of, was overtaking the entire discussion on the forums. There were several threads that had one positive testimonial after another on it….mysteriously many of these threads disappeared. The only threads left were the ones that were negative or at best mediocre. So I think there was a concerted effort to spread disinformation about zix. Also there were people making their own formula that were using 3 times as much zinc as was suppose to be in the formula. Then there were people adding extra things to the formula. Then there are the wingnuts that always claim a good treatment caused them to lose hair. They did it with fin, minxidil etc.

There is no such thing as zix burnout if mixed according to the directions.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 8 ]

February 01, 2012, 09:27 PM

Zix Creator…

I do recall people using mega dosages of zix several years back. It seemed as if Zix was very hyped but then people turned on it very quickly.I was always interested but never tried it due to so many negative stories that came out afterwords.  It probably was because of the manipulation of the original formulation.  If you dont mind me asking, what have your results been like?  Im very realistic in my goals and not expecting miracles.  I plan to reinstate my laser treatments as well.

Thanks.

IGNORE

vulture

Rank

Total Posts: 10

# 9 ]

February 02, 2012, 08:41 PM

“Then there were people adding extra things to the formula.”

Just ordered my Zix kit.  I also picked up an order of Rejuveplex.  Do you foresee anything wrong with using these in tandem (mj had indicated using both was working ok for him)?  The plan is to use Zix in the am and/or pm (think you mention twice a day is better) and use rejuveplex midday or evening as an added treatment.  Also, I was thinking of adding epilobium powder to the Zix formula http://www.ebiochem.com/Product/index/id/11864 - does the warning above apply here?  Thanks Joe.

IGNORE

Frontline Warrior

Rank

Total Posts: 12

# 10 ]

February 02, 2012, 08:51 PM

How long does a bottle of Hairmuck last?  I had started using Zix 2, mixed mine w/ vodka.  It was good for a while, but when I would apply on my head at night, I got instant headaches from it.  So I stopped and the headaches went away.  I guess, I need to make another batch, but this time use less alcohol.  I’ve had that bottle of hairmuck for along time just sitting in my little refridgerator.  Wondering if I should just order a fresh batch.  Also, don’t know where I put the bottle of capsules :(

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 11 ]

February 02, 2012, 09:13 PM

Neutron it wouldn’t be right to sell my formula based on my personal testimonials. I used to do that but then people got too excited about the treatment. Then every now and then I would get an email saying “joe I’ve been using zix for 6 months and I haven’t grown any hair back”. That used to break my heart. That said, suffice it to say that it helped my situation.

I’m very cautious about making too many claims because quite frankly….nothing works for eveyone and nothing ever works as well as we would like. Regrowing any significant amount of hair is a very difficult thing to do. Stopping further regression should be our main focus. That’s why I written articles about the 30 month window etc. I want to lower the expectations for all treatments. By lowering expectations we can get people to be compliant with a treatment in the long term. It’s not what you do over the next 6 months that will make much of a difference…it’s what you do over the next decade. Treating this condition is a marathon…not a sprint. Fortunately the things we do to stop the destructive process are the very same things that help regrow some hair.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 12 ]

February 02, 2012, 09:46 PM

Hi vulture. Just so you know the track record for those that add additional things to the zix formula is pretty dismal. Many people seem to think that if you throw 10 things in a bottle you end up applying 10 different compounds. Unfortunately this is not how chemistry works. Many times they combine chemically and render the formula useless.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 13 ]

February 02, 2012, 10:04 PM

How long does a bottle of Hairmuck last?  I had started using Zix 2, mixed mine w/ vodka.  It was good for a while, but when I would apply on my head at night, I got instant headaches from it.  So I stopped and the headaches went away.  I guess, I need to make another batch, but this time use less alcohol.  I’ve had that bottle of hairmuck for along time just sitting in my little refridgerator.  Wondering if I should just order a fresh batch.  Also, don’t know where I put the bottle of capsules :(

Hair Muck is good for a year if refrigerated. You may want to start with a whole new kit. Next time you try Super Zix II email with any problems you’re experiencing. In most cases we can work together to brainstorm the problem out. Headaches immediately after applying? I never heard of that before. But I would start by cutting the vodka in half. But I’m wondering if something else wasn’t going on physiologically with you when that occurred. Something that has now resolved.

IGNORE

Frontline Warrior

Rank

Total Posts: 12

# 14 ]

February 02, 2012, 10:41 PM

I’ll order some soon.  But it had to be the alcohol.  I would like to try it, but would definitely want to use the least amount of alcohol as possible. I just got real lazy with it and never bothered.  I have no internal regimin or external.  Other than some organic shampoo and some mild lasering here and there.  that was it.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 15 ]

February 02, 2012, 11:16 PM

You should be able to test your hypothesis by applying vodka to your scalp and see if your headache returns. It would be nice to know one way or the other before you start. You could even experiement with various concentrations.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 16 ]

February 04, 2012, 02:38 PM

Zix…

Thanks for your words and honesty.  I’m looking forward to getting started with this topical.  I’ve never been able to consistently use any topical.  Im hoping this one will be different.  The reasons for my lack of consistency result from the following; scalp irritations, cosmetic effect of treatment, lack of faith in product, lack of motivation.  Can you let me know how this treatment effects the cosmetic appearance of your hair.  I will most likely opt to just use nightly applications as this works best for me.  However, even a daily topical applied at night would be a big improvement.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 17 ]

February 04, 2012, 07:36 PM

Hi Neutron. Thanks for the kind words. Super Zix II was designed with the cosmetics taken into consideration. If we can put something on our scalp that makes the hair look immediately cosmetically a bit thicker….well then we have a shot at long term compliance. Although most people like the way the formula makes their hair look…..there is a minority that doesn’t. Usually we can tweak the formula if that is the case and come up with something that works for you.

That’s sort of why most people brush their teeth everyday. They like the way their mouth feels after they’re done brushing!

But even if we can’t tweak the formula the way you would prefer, you may need to accept certain inconveniences if you are going to keep your hair over the next decade. I don’t like jogging 4-5 days a week either. But it’s what I need to do to remain reasonably healthy at age 52!

IGNORE

Luke

Rank

# 18 ]

February 19, 2012, 09:27 AM

Hey Joe! just incase you dont check your inbox on this site very often, iv just sent you a pm!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 19 ]

February 19, 2012, 06:36 PM

Hi Luke. I’ll check my PM’s. In the future you will get a much faster response if you send any questions to: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Joe

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 20 ]

May 05, 2012, 02:14 PM

Hello Zix Creator…

I know its been some time since this threat was active.  I got caught up in some things and never ended up getting started with Super Zix II.  I’m definately looking to order the supplies this weekend to get started.  In considering my options, I wanted to run something by you.  I’m not really the best at mixing things and really want to make sure my Zix is as effective as possible.  Do you ever sell pre make batches of Zix for a fee?  I would be willing to compensate you for your time and effort.  Again, Im not sure if you ever offer this service but I would be interested.  I know it would be much cheaper for me to mix the supplies myself.  Also, if you do not mix Zix for sale, where do you normally buy the containers, droppers for application?  I would assume they carry this stuff at a local drug store.  Do you ever use spray bottles? 

Thanks for all your assistance.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 21 ]

May 12, 2012, 11:13 AM

Quick update!

Havent been able to get a hold of Zix but I’ve since changed my mind.  Even if Zix was willing to mix the formula I think there may be some freshness issues.  I’m probably better off mixing myself.  I do have a few questions, however as I would like to place my order this weekend.  First, has anyone ever complained about scalp issues while using super zix?  I had a really sensitive scalp and when i tried minoxidil it was way too harsh. Thus far, people seem to be saying that it has the opposite effect.  Also, is the solution more water based or thick and sticky?  I’m just trying to get a sense of when I should apply it.  I always think of zix as a very watery solution instead of a goo like substance.  And finally, is it necessary to use the hair muck.  It seems like they are two seperate products.  I’m not sure if super Zix II must include hair much to be successful.  Anyones imput would be greatly appreciated.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.