Fibrosis

Share/Bookmark

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

January 29, 2012, 10:37 PM

Alright so what does Fibrosis actually look like on the scalp? Is it when you are shiny bald? Or how can you tell? The more I read the more frustrated I get!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

January 29, 2012, 11:10 PM

I don’t know what fibrosis looks like, but I dont think it has anything to do with having a shiny head. One theory as to why the scalp of balding people is shiny, is because the galea aponeurotica is being stretched. This theory states that it’s this stretching of the galea that chokes off blood flow to the scalp, allowing the follicles to die. If you look of a drawing of the galea, you will see its shape is nearly identical to the area that is susceptible to going bald.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galea_aponeurotica

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 2 ]

January 31, 2012, 08:14 PM

Well supposedly fibrosis is the kiss of death in hair loss sufferers. How do I know if I’m at that point? Also isn’t there treatment for it? I think I’ve read something about Poly80 + Bromeline (spelling?) pre-laser treatment.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 3 ]

February 01, 2012, 12:49 AM

Errrr, I would say the P80 + bromelain is speculation at best. I will say though, that nothing, including P80 + bromelain, have been able to allow users to break through the 30 month window. Fibrosis and 30 month window go hand-in-hand.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 4 ]

February 01, 2012, 01:14 AM

NDW - so when exactly does the 30 month window start? Isn’t it when the last hair falls out of the follicle, then scar tissue forms, and the follicle is considered “dead”? Or is the 30 month window at the onset of miniaturization of the hair to a blonde/white vellus hair?

I had my scalp magnified with a “proscope” and I have hundreds of vellus hairs. You can definitely see them coming from the follicles. Every follicle for sure had something coming out of it. Sometimes it was one dark hair, or a thinner brown hair, or even 2 dark hairs coming from it, but amongst those were the super thin blonde/white hairs (known to me as vellus). The naturopath told me that I was an excellent candidate for regrowth because I had no dormant follicles that she could see.

I’m just trying to figure out this whole fibrosis/30 month window thing. Thanks!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.