Advertising that makes men more self conscious.

Share/Bookmark

Kazbar

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

February 06, 2012, 09:42 PM

Found this advert on youtube which I believe is one of the reasons why men with MPB can suffer more unnecessary stress. The truth is that whether you have hair or not doesn’t make a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sGTs6wKecs&feature=related

IGNORE

bear101

RankRank

Total Posts: 55

# 1 ]

February 06, 2012, 10:59 PM

I agree, I don’t think the baldness makes much of a difference. If you believe the statistics more than 50% of white males are bald or balding by age 50. If this were the only thing that they (women) cared about you’d expect it to be much less prevalent.

Most of it is mental…if stuff like this gets inside your head then you could become less confident and then it might make a difference. For me hair loss is something that bugs me personally. I don’t really care what anyone else thinks.

One time I told my beautiful wife that I was concerned that my hair was thinning. First off, she said she never really noticed it and that my hair had always looked the same. And then she told me that she didn’t like my hair anyways lol (and didn’t care if I went bald).

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

February 07, 2012, 09:36 PM

I think hair is merely part of the overall package. As men we tend to be after the most attractive female we can find. However women seem to be looking for the best “man” they can find. They tend to consider other traits a man may have. Stuff like personality, overall health and fitness, sense of humor, even how financially stable they are. With the financial area we have been brought up to think that many women are “gold diggers”. However I tend to think a bit differently. It is true some women are truly “gold diggers” however that is the small minority. I believe women are actually “turned on” and attracted to men that have some money because a man with money is more powerful than a poor one. Deep down inside I believe women are designed genetically to be attracted to men that have the ability to properly care for unborn children. I believe this has a lot to do with why so many women find a man’s money attractive.

The point is there are many other things we can do to develop ourselves into more attractive men that have nothing at all to do with hair. We can exercise and lift weights. We can get ourselves a nice wardrobe. We can develop a good sense of humor. We can take up various hobbies that makes us more interesting. We can work on our careers. We can be more self confident etc.

I never understood any of this in my younger days. But after being an RN for 18 years and working closely with hundreds of women and truly getting to know them I think my theory on women makes sense. I’ve had an article on my website that speaks about this subject for about 5-6 years now. I’ve received numerous emails from women who told me my idea was a fairly accurate account of what women find attractive.

Also I think it is the responsibility of us older forum members to tell the younger guys out there about what we’ve learned about women. It can help make the whole hair loss situation for them much easier to deal with.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 3 ]

February 07, 2012, 11:23 PM

Good post guys…I agree that hairloss isnt much of an issue.  Ive been thinning since the age of 19 and Im now 31 and still self concious about it.  The funny thing is that I have a very good looking girlfriend.  She is usually better looking than other guys girlfriends including the guys with thick hair.  Not that this matters but it just proves a point that you get what you get because of who you are.  What I have noticed is that some people choose to poke fun at or mock hairloss sufferers.  Obviously, these are the people who have no clue what it is like to loose your hair because they have thick hair. But more importantly, these people are usually more insecure than you are.  By picking at your hairloss they are boasting themselves and making themself believe they are better than you.  I really cannot stand people that try to exploit the flaws of others.

IGNORE

Kazbar

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

# 4 ]

February 08, 2012, 02:53 AM

Hey The Zix Creator, I just read your article and it’s pretty solid!
The point above you make about educating younger guys on what women want is very important. I think one of the stress’s in a man’s head who suffers from MPB is their false belief that they will not be able to attract the girl they want, they feel unworthy.
I’m am friends with a number of guys who suffer from varying stages of MPB some are never short of female company where other are. It all comes down to attitude.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 5 ]

February 08, 2012, 04:31 PM

Hi Kazbar. Thanks! Yea the problem could end up being much much worse when you think about it. The man that loses confidence related to his hair may end up marrying the first woman that will have him regardless of how good of a woman she is.

Picking out the wrong woman to marry can be disaster!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.