Still unsure….

Share/Bookmark

Duketronix

Rank

Total Posts: 10

February 11, 2012, 11:08 PM

So I’ve checked this and many hair loss forums out for a while now (several years) and am currently maintaining decently with healthy diet and some supplementation but am curious about the laser helmets (like so many others).
I’m mainly put off by the fact that there is no real results sections or people posting about their ongoing good results.  Now I should mention that I’ve seen all the posts linked from back at regrowth and and the odd pic here and there.  I’ve messaged people privately but nobody can ever really say anything about whether they’re seeing much benefit from it or not.  Even googling you get such a mishmash of adds and clinics, etc… it makes it really hard to tell what’s going on other than people are trying hard to sell this tech….  that alone makes me weary actually.

I’m sure the response I will get is that everyone is different and that lasers mostly maintain etc… etc…
I just don’t see why more people don’t post their results and talk about it more.  It seems like a fair number of people are trying this out so where’s the progress log threads etc???
Again I’ll probably get the “because the lasers work people stop frequenting these sites”
and that’s fine.
It just seems odd to me…

So on that note if anyone could PM me with links to pictures of how it has helped them (or not) and share some of their experiences with me privately or in this thread, I would be very grateful.
Obviously I WANT this to be something that works but am unsure about the time and the money.  I’m busy and don’t have a lot of money so those two factors are pretty big for me.
I might try making my own, or I might order one, or neither.  I just feel I need to investigate more, and with people instead of old comment threads from years ago.
So how’s everybody’s hair?

Thnx to everyone’s hard work over the years and help in this, it’s much appreciated.

^____^

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 1 ]

February 12, 2012, 12:44 AM

I have used LLLT in two ways so far. The first was an erchonia THL handheld. It cost me $1,500, and the protocol was 4 minutes a day…everyday. I stuck with it plus minoxidil for 6 months. My existing hair got thicker, and I didn’t lose anymore hair, but I did not experience any regrowth. This was a couple of years ago.

My next experience with LLLT was at manegain: (http://www.manegain.com). I used their big laser device for 3 months @ 2 times a week. It had 60 diodes on an arm that sweeped over my head back and forth. Again, no major results except for the fact that I have not seen anything positive or negative.

I’ve ordered a laser messiah helmet from OMG - it’s going to have 425 diodes with a pulse drive. I’m going to use it for 20 minutes, 3X week. Also I brush my head with a boars hair brush daily and there are a few other things that I incorporate once a week (microneedling, enzyme peels, hot/cold therapy, clarisonic, etc.). In addition, at the beginning of this month I started the revivogen products.

Once I get my laser from OMG, I’ll take before and after photos. I also had some digital, magnified pictures of my scalp to where you can really see the miniaturized hairs, inflammation, follicles, sebum, etc. I’ll be more than happy to post all the pictures for anyone’s benefit.

If you want my advice, I’d focus immediately on what you can do to stop your hair loss. It might just be something simple like using the super zix II formula. I really think that LLLT is going to help reverse at least in a 30-month window, your hair loss. Finally, you can also visit immortal’s site and do a skype consultation with him. I’m planning on doing it once I get those magnified pics of my scalp from the doc.

Best of luck to ya!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 2 ]

February 12, 2012, 03:47 PM

I like my laser device, I would not want to be without it. However, I would not want it as my only treatment either. LLLT is a part of successful regimen. Just a part, nothing more—nothing less. Treating hair-loss is symilar to diet. There are a lot of healthy foods that you want to eat. Oatmeal and kale are both considered very healthy. That does not mean that you want to eat only kale or only oatmeal. I don’t think anyone will get maximum results without LLLT, or maximum results with only LLLT. All of the best before-and-after photos I have seen incorporate LLLT. Combined with your healthy diet and supplements; you should do quite well on LLLT.

I would say LLLT does more than maintain, it also offers mild-moderate regrowth, thickens, makes your hair look better, and offers numerous benefits to your scalp. If one has any sort of diffuse thinning, LLLT is going to be a vital factor.

LLLT is regarded as a great treatment for a few different reasons. In my opinion, LLLT is the Brett Favre of hair-loss treatments. Favre is widely regarded as one of the best quaterbacks to ever play the game of football. John Madden could always be heard praising Favre. Brett Favre was really never all that accurate though, and he threw a lot of interceptions. Also, he never really put up the huge numbers like a P. Manning, or a T. Brady can do. Nevertheless, Favre is still considered one of the greatest for a few reasons. 1. He was tough—and very reliable. He played until he neared the age of fourty, and he rarely missed a game. He played through numerous injuries throughout his career. 2. Although he was never the most accurate, or the best decision maker, he knew how to win games. 3. He was consistent. He was going to play a game that was ahead of the pack the vast majority of the time.

LLLT is just like Brett Favre because although it will not regrow all of your hair, or even a majority of it, It’s still a top treatment—here’s why.

1. It’s just light, it has no negative side effects. It’s all natural.
2. It’s relatively cheap and easy to use, you buy one LLLT device and you can use LLLT for the rest of your life.
There will be no worrying about walking aound with a sticky scalp that’s full of all sorts of chemicals.
3. LLLT does provide some regrowth, along with its ability to thicken, prevent further loss, and simply make you hair look better. Some will experience significantly better looking hair.
4. Even if it does not translate into massive regrowth, LLLT provides numerous benefits to the scalp, which can certainly help other treatments work more effectively.

When you compare finasteride and minoxidil to LLLT, you will see they just don’t stack up. As of 2012, the Tom Bradys and Peyton Mannings of hair-loss treatments do not exist.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 3 ]

February 12, 2012, 04:33 PM

Good post NDW!  I totally agree with everything you wrote.  I have been doing LLLT for almost 3 years now.

IGNORE

BSD

Rank

Total Posts: 17

# 4 ]

February 12, 2012, 05:42 PM

If it does just this!

“I would say LLLT does more than maintain, it also offers mild-moderate regrowth, thickens, makes your hair look better, and offers numerous benefits to your scalp.”

“LLLT does provide some regrowth, along with its ability to thicken, prevent further loss, and simply make you hair look better. Some will experience significantly better looking hair.”

Then that is stellar and much better than the next best thing. “LLLT is a part of successful regimen. Just a part, nothing more—nothing less.” Sounds to me that it is not just a “part”, but a HUGE part of a successful regimen.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 5 ]

February 12, 2012, 10:00 PM

BSD,

The one caveat is that it doesn’t work for everyone, but that is true of almost every treatment.  I would say at least 2/3 of the people who give lllt an honest try (and pay attention to the details given by OMG and others, eg, pre-oil treatment and wash hair before etc) will reap benefits.  I for one consider it a major pillar of my regimen.  Probably the most important part, but it only can work well in conjunction with a complete well thought out hair loss regimen performed consistently day in day out.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 6 ]

February 13, 2012, 12:27 PM

NDW - February 12, 2012, 03:47 PM

LLLT is regarded as a great treatment for a few different reasons. In my opinion, LLLT is the Brett Favre of hair-loss treatments. Favre is widely regarded as one of the best quaterbacks to ever play the game of football. John Madden could always be heard praising Favre. Brett Favre was really never all that accurate though, and he threw a lot of interceptions. Also, he never really put up the huge numbers like a P. Manning, or a T. Brady can do. Nevertheless, Favre is still considered one of the greatest for a few reasons. 1. He was tough—and very reliable. He played until he neared the age of fourty, and he rarely missed a game. He played through numerous injuries throughout his career. 2. Although he was never the most accurate, or the best decision maker, he knew how to win games. 3. He was consistent. He was going to play a game that was ahead of the pack the vast majority of the time.

LLLT is just like Brett Favre because although it will not regrow all of your hair, or even a majority of it, It’s still a top treatment—here’s why.

1. It’s just light, it has no negative side effects. It’s all natural.
2. It’s relatively cheap and easy to use, you buy one LLLT device and you can use LLLT for the rest of your life.
There will be no worrying about walking aound with a sticky scalp that’s full of all sorts of chemicals.
3. LLLT does provide some regrowth, along with its ability to thicken, prevent further loss, and simply make you hair look better. Some will experience significantly better looking hair.
4. Even if it does not translate into massive regrowth, LLLT provides numerous benefits to the scalp, which can certainly help other treatments work more effectively.

NDW…  WOW, that’s the post of the year!!!  Great way to put it!

Duketronix…

I could put together only the statements from this small forum, and it’d be overwhelmingly positive.  There are positive statements everywhere, buried in threads -not to mention that laser clinic pictures are all over the internet.  The problem is simply is that they aren’t in one place so it’s not easy to find, and as much as I’ve spent thousands of hours helping people learn about LLLT, I just don’t have the time to put it together.

I’ll give you an example.  You probably didn’t know that we’ve done this once before from about January to October 2009, and the list was LONG AND SPECTACULAR.  Without a doubt, it was THE GREATEST SUCCESS of *any* treatment that I and other forum veterans had ever seen -beating minox, propecia, et al, but the best thing about it is that it was real.

It was made up real people that had been posting in forums for years, and it wasn’t guys that obviously had some other problem (not MPB) that once fixed restored a lot of their hair, and it wasn’t fake posters that were “made up” by shills.  It was forum veterans, each with a trackable history that lasted many years in most cases.

Here is that list: http://www.overmachogrande.com/files/positive-laser-testimonials.pdf

We stopped keeping track of it in about October 2009 because we didn’t have time to do it, and then there was that upheaval at regrowth followed by the epidemic of fake posting at hairlossfight from a couple of fake posters.  So, most of us QUIT the forum world -or at least significantly curtailed the posting.

I’m sorry, though… you certainly need to look harder if you’re still unsure about laser therapy!  Here’s a tip… don’t rely on *any* forum for info on laser therapy.  The reason I started this site was because after my long experience as a moderator on other sites, it became clear to me that there was a certain small percentage of posters that are not legitimate and exist only to cast doubt and muddy the waters on certain treatments and point people to others, and there are certain forum owners that want to curtail discussion of other products that take away from their advertising revenue.  I actually didn’t want this site to even HAVE a forum at first -I wanted this site to be news story/comment based so the unethical posters would have a much more difficult time silencing working treatments, and I could have the only site that had “direction” to the goal of actually solving hair loss.

You have to go out and find information in the real word.  Case in point: laser clinics have THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of customers worldwide.  Where are they in the forums??  I bet you can count the number of actual laser clinic customers that you’ve seen posting on one hand.  So, ask yourself 1) why aren’t laser clinic customers posting in forums, and 2) how come people can still know nothing about a treatment and still be unsure about laser therapy in 2012 when all of this is going on?  It’s silly, actually -hair loss forums are just about the very worst places one can go to get good information, and that’s proven.

Good luck!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Duketronix

Rank

Total Posts: 10

# 7 ]

February 13, 2012, 04:52 PM

Thanks everyone for all your responses!  I really appreciate it.  Some good leads here for sure.  I think I will do a little more research and then decide but it does seem like I would benefit from LLLT.  I live healthy (exercise, diet, etc.) and have had a slight receding hairline but noticed it thinning diffusely over the past year or so.  I don’t mind gaining particularly so much as maintaining and thickening what I have.

Oh ya (slightly off topic) one thing I haven’t seen too much talk about that I’ve found has helped the quality of my hair in the past few months was that I got a filter for my shower to take all the chemicals out.  I find all my conditioners work better and my hair has become less frizzed out.  Just thought I’d mention it.

Thanks again everyone and I’ll start saving my pennies in case I decide to head down that road.

^___^

Oh and please do keep us updated Tanner!

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 8 ]

February 14, 2012, 12:50 AM

I am definitely going to keep y’all updated!

IGNORE

jads

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 9 ]

February 14, 2012, 04:24 PM

Good comments here and I agree,  LLLT is not the saviour of hair loss but it can be a pretty important part of your treatment.  The hair clinics boast some impressive results using laser and meds, along with some handy shampoos etc etc… I’ve been there and seen the evidence. It works fantastically well for “some”.  The fact that they compound Finasteride and Loniten (oral minox) was interesting - and not for me! 

OMGs right, you won’t see the clinic patients in the forums much at all.

18 months + on laser didn’t offer too much in the way of regrowth for me, though it did do a fairly decent job of maintaining and darkening my existing hair - which i still have a decent amount of-  and I’m thankful for that. Overall though, I would say I’m disappointed that it wasn’t able to offer more…

So you can roll the dice and go with a helmet, but have realistic expectations on the results.

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 10 ]

February 14, 2012, 04:46 PM

I’m going to disagree with some of you here for the sake of playing devil’s advocate.

LLLT is my saviour. It has turned around my hair loss, and regrown nearly all that I lost for a few years ( since I started losing my hair at 21). I know this because for nearly a year I was on Finasteride and minoxidil, and my hairloss continued to escalate. However, within 6 months of LLLT I had completely stopped all future hairloss, and within 2 years I was back at baseline to when my hairloss initially started.

Here is the caveat to the statement above: I started young (roughly 24). For all of you who can start at young age, mark my words: Don’t wait!

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 11 ]

February 14, 2012, 10:08 PM

Calbruin,

There is nothing Devil’s advocate about that.  If life has taught me one thing, it is that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  And really it is more like a ton.  I mentioned this long time ago somewhere, but I think every guy’s high school or college graduation present should be a laser helmet.

IGNORE

needsomehair

Rank

Total Posts: 3

# 12 ]

February 14, 2012, 10:17 PM

Dang I need a helmet man!!!!

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 13 ]

February 14, 2012, 11:17 PM

I agree with Calbruin. I’m 28, and my hair loss started in my early 20s, but was not truly a big issue until several years ago. I’m thinking that if I can get on the LLLT bandwagon with a laser messiah, continue to treat my hair topically, eat right, work out, and maybe get on immortal’s supplements - I’ll be in great shape. Consistency is important of course, and for those of you out there who are experiencing results (like I hope to) please document with photos. It would be great to see the results! I’ll be posting photos before/after once I start a LLLT regimen.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 14 ]

February 17, 2012, 04:00 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. I’m glad to see the thread has helped people.

IGNORE

Kazbar

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

# 15 ]

February 17, 2012, 05:10 AM

With regards to my results after 4 months of LLLT and currently using - Zix II, Rejuveplex and Regenpure dr shampoo I’m finding that I’m beginning to shed again but 90% of hairs being shed are thick in diameter. Is this a sign in the right direction?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.