diodes arrived partially unscrewed—to tighten, or not to tighten?

Share/Bookmark

HairApparent

Rank

Total Posts: 8

February 19, 2012, 11:25 AM

Hi, Everyone.

I ordered some diodes from Aixiz (and let me back up and thank John for generously putting the fruits of his labors on the internet—I’m almost done with the helmet and am quite excited), and they all arrived with their lens “caps” partially unscrewed. Does this offer a more ideal dispersion, or is this just some random factory setting? Best to tighten, or not?

Many thanks,

James

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 1 ]

February 19, 2012, 03:30 PM

you take the lens off

IGNORE

HairApparent

Rank

# 2 ]

February 19, 2012, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the reply. To be clear, it’s not just a lens, but more a hood assembly that screws on. It’s gold-colored metal, and seems to be an integral part of the piece. If I removed it entirely (which I can), I’d have exposed screw threads, and the diodes would look different from the lasers in John’s tutorials (which, incidentally, look like mine do if I leave these pieces on and just tighten them).

I held the wires while someone screwed and unscrewed this “lens” assembly and when they’re tightened, the laser is most diffuse at short range. As they came, it’s a fairly precise “pinpoint” which would not appear to be what we want.

In other words, my best guess is that I’m supposed to tighten these things.

Hope this clarifies. Maybe it is optimal to remove this piece, but it appears intended to be a part of the laser for normal use, so I just want to be clear.

Thanks again.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 3 ]

February 19, 2012, 07:45 PM

As 517 wrote, you take them off.  That is exactly what OMG does.  Yes, it leaves the screw threads exposed, which by the way, makes them easier to secure to the holes in your helmet…

IGNORE

HairApparent

Rank

# 4 ]

February 19, 2012, 07:52 PM

Off they shall go! Thanks, guys.

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 5 ]

February 20, 2012, 05:52 PM

if you need more info have a look at
http://www.overmachogrande.com/files/wiring-of-the-laser-messiah.pdf

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 6 ]

February 21, 2012, 06:18 PM

Yep, completely remove and throw away the brass cap, the screw, and the plastic lens!  If you can figure out usages for them -especially the brass caps- please let me know because I through away pounds of them a week!  Maybe an artist can glue them into some sort of artwork or something.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

what_Baldness

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 7 ]

February 22, 2012, 02:03 PM

ive built the helmut 80%, and now gonna buy lasers:

585$ for 200 sheesh,  thats a lot of money to justify

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 8 ]

February 22, 2012, 02:08 PM

Wow, man… You people are spoiled. Those diodes used to be $10 a piece. When I made my first helmet, they were still six bucks or so!  Anyway, I’d pay that money again and again -they last for years and it’s simply the best treatment out there (and pretty much the *only* treatment that works for many of us).  “Hard to justify” would more appropriately called “I’d fight and die for my lasers”.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

what_Baldness

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 9 ]

February 23, 2012, 01:15 PM

Cool, does this look like the best I can get, can I haggle?

Merchant
AixiZ Service and International LLC
Note from merchant
330 650-5 8x13 international priority shipping
Description Amount
Goods $890.00 USD
Total $890.00 USD

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.