Women

Share/Bookmark

curls

Rank

Total Posts: 8

February 20, 2012, 08:32 AM

Hi, I’m going over the site and I’m reading some stuff here and there. Very interesting of course. It looks like there are only men out there. I wonder if there are women among you men. I’m a woman awaiting a LLLT laser helmet. Because I don’t hear anything from OMG/ John I’m thinking about making one myself. But I’m feeling overwhelmed about the idea of making it. I’m completely a-technical and I’ve got two left hands.shock And you men sound much more secure and up to the task than I feel about making one myself. I feel quite intimidated. So I ask you women to come forward and identify yourself. I’m só wanting to know if there is a woman out there that acually made a helmet and how was it? Hope to hear from you soon.

Curls

grin

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

February 20, 2012, 03:24 PM

Well I’m not a woman however there are definitely some on this board. Fortinately, in most cases the problem with women’s hair loss issues are usually related to having the very same type of androgen sensitive follicles. The good news is they also produce more estrogen and generally this is believed to be the reason why few ever go slick bald. Also, since female loss generally is diffuse thinning they do not have too many follicles that ever reach the 30 month window. In my experience they generally have a form of hair loss that is easier to successfully treat.

IGNORE

curls

Rank

# 2 ]

February 20, 2012, 05:10 PM

well I know there aren’t as much balding women as men. but I do know that it’s much more common amongst women then it used to be 10, 15 years ago. the hairdressers say it too. it seems that the chemical haircolours are due to that for starters. I must say that’s what I noticed too. I began chemically colouring my hair a couple of years ago but then I noticed my hair thinning. after each colouring I had my hands full of hair, really frightning. so I stopped with the chemical colouring right away.
I do know a couple of women with such thinning hair that you can completely see the scalp but mostly only the midsection. on the sides they usually had quit some hair left. it still looks awfull though. Minoxidil helped some of them, but not all. I think it’s still kind of a taboo to talk about thinning of the hair when you are a woman. It’s just too painful and it’s generally seen as sooooo ugly while you men can always shave your heads and still look cool and manly. although I know of course that most men would rather have a full head of hair.
so I colour my hair with all natural henna, use coloïdal silver-water a teaspoon, orally twice a day. I take Chinese herbs to strengthen Liver and I go to the acupuncturist for needling in the scalp. and I would like to start using John’s helmet. So I hope there is a woman out there that made it herself and is happy about it.
LOL

IGNORE

curls

Rank

# 3 ]

February 20, 2012, 05:12 PM

well I know there aren’t as much balding women as men. but I do know that it’s much more common amongst women then it used to be 10, 15 years ago. the hairdressers say it too. it seems that the chemical haircolours are due to that for starters. I must say that’s what I noticed too. I began chemically colouring my hair a couple of years ago but then I noticed my hair thinning. after each colouring I had my hands full of hair, really frightning. so I stopped with the chemical colouring right away.
I do know a couple of women with such thinning hair that you can completely see the scalp but mostly only the midsection. on the sides they usually had quit some hair left. it still looks awfull though. Minoxidil helped some of them, but not all. I think it’s still kind of a taboo to talk about thinning of the hair when you are a woman. It’s just too painful and it’s generally seen as sooooo ugly while you men can always shave your heads and still look cool and manly. although I know of course that most men would rather have a full head of hair.
so I colour my hair with all natural henna, use coloïdal silver-water a teaspoon, orally twice a day. I take Chinese herbs to strengthen Liver and I go to the acupuncturist for needling in the scalp. and I would like to start using John’s helmet. So I hope there is a woman out there that made it herself and is happy about it.
LOL

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 4 ]

February 21, 2012, 08:41 AM

Hi, Curls!

I’m a woman, I’ve successfully used OMG’s helmet since April of 09 - although it’s in the shop as of now. (I also have two left hands so I can’t do it myself either) at any rate, I had issues due to multiple rounds of chemotherapy and first chemical, then surgical menopause (long story. I’m a cancer survivor, obviously.)

For us, OMG’s helmet is wonderful. Our issues are not the same and I do think that lasering alone or with some extra support can make a real difference.

Take care and looking forward to seeing you onboard!

GRegsmom48

IGNORE

curls

Rank

# 5 ]

February 21, 2012, 06:07 PM

Hi GRegsmom48,

thanks for replying. Glad to hear that the helmet helps you. So you didn’t make it yourself eighter. I hope OMG/John contacts me soon so I don’t have to make the thing myself!! I’getting kind of desprete confused
Keep you posted about it.

Groetjes, Curls

IGNORE

Raquel

Rank

Total Posts: 2

# 6 ]

February 22, 2012, 09:47 PM

Hi Curls and Gregsmom48:

I am a woman and I fully identify with Curls.  I panic about making a helmet to laser my skull.

My hair started to fall two years ago because of the interaction of two medications—Yet, I found out when I dropped them I really did not need them.  I visited an endocrinologist for a year and ruled out several medical conditions, but no solution to my thinning hair.  Then I visited a dermatologist and used a topical medication for five months –cobletosone, or something like it.  It stopped my hair from falling, but it dried and changed its texture; I stopped when I noticed I was getting hair on my face.

I have done research and want to get a Messiah II helmet from John OMG, but I always get the same automated reply.  I noticed the posts are from 2010 and I am beginning to doubt that he is coming back. 
Do you have any information? I need to do something fast. 

IGNORE

curls

Rank

# 7 ]

February 23, 2012, 04:23 AM

Hi Raquel,

I read at “most recent topics"that John answered the mail you sent him yesterday so it seems he’s alive tongue wink
I will send him another mail too and I hope he’s able to give me some clearance too. Could you keep me posted about when you get the helmet? I would really appreciate it. Because I must say…we are going towards spring and I would só much lóve to have my thinning hair back into a full head of hair a.s.a.p.(who doesn’t I’m sure). I feel that in the sun one can see the thinning much more.
thanks and I hope you get your helmet soon. I would love to exchange experiences about the hair growing when I would get the helmet in the same period. I’ll wait and see.

warmest greetings,

Curls

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.