Acclimation & Tolerance

Share/Bookmark

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

February 23, 2012, 11:42 AM

I was going off on a tangent in my other post - so here’s a new thread on this idea of acclimation. A note on my credibility: I’m a microbiology/psychology double major in my senior year at TX STATE university, applying to medical school in May. Also, the guys at Evolution Hair Centers incorporate this idea in their PM and PMb topicals (http://www.hairgrowthcenters.com/evolutions-hair-regrow-treatment-topical-scalp-serums.html)

First off, the idea of acclimation applied to hair loss is the thought that our bodies will respond and eventually get used to any treatment we use. I’m not sure how long it takes, but I am sure that acclimation time depends on the treatment and on more individual factors and interactions than we could ever measure with an experiment. However, I am trying to put forth the idea of switching up the routine to keep our hair loss condition responding. Now I am very aware that many authorities on hair loss treatment say that consistency is important to see (if any) results. So I am suggesting four things. Basically though… keep a factor consistent, and keep a factor varied in treatment.

1.) Incorporate a consistent routine with one regimen (for 6 months)
2.) Incorporate a fluctuating routine with a 2nd regimen
3.) Change your “consistent routine” twice a year (once every 6 months)
4.) If you find a treatment that works for you really well, still change at the 6 month mark for 1-2 months, then switch back.

Example for suggestion 1: Be Consistent
Use the super zix II formula every night for 6 months

Example for suggestion 2: Alternate Products
- Use a daily topical like Rejuveplex and an organic topical (like from http://www.justnaturalskincare.com), but alternate the application every other day.
- Have two shampoo/conditioner sets (one can be RegenePure, the other can be the immortal’s locally-made product) and alternate the use/application every other day

Example for suggestion 3 & 4: Keep Tolerance In Check
- After six months of super zix II, go to Revivogen for 6 months
- If super zix II worked really well for you, take a break from it for a month or two with something like Revivogen, then go back to super zix II for another 6 months.

We know our body responds to exercise, diet, medication, etc… that’s why we have to vary them to keep from plateauing. I think we should even do LLLT for 11 months out of the year and take 1 month off, but this is all just ideas… They are not backed by any research, so please take that at face value.

Any of the experts have any ideas/comments?

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

February 26, 2012, 08:28 AM

that’s an interesting theory, but i’m not sure the timelines you’re suggesting are correct.  3 months is considered the minimum for a product to have effectiveness but it can take up to 12 months to see best results, stopping a product before then would clearly have an impact on results.  I think the idea is good, but IMO it needs to be tweaked a bit.

I’ve heard other posters on other sites over the years claim that this alternating method has worked for them, one notoriious argumentive poster who is reviled by some members of this site claimed to switch products every few months and get great results from that.

Also, LLLT users swear it gets better over time,  though I feel my results have tapered off.

Maybe one variable should be held constant for 12 months, with a short cycle off before starting again, and other producs cycled on and off over a shorter time period (every 3-6 months).

hair loss is such a complicaed issue it would be difficult to find an approach that is universally effective.
But overall I think you’re right…there is a need that should be addressed in some way on this issue.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 2 ]

February 26, 2012, 08:31 AM

Without any science to back this up, I would think that the “hair saving” products (anti-dht, etc) would need longer periods to be effective, and the “hair growers” could be cycled on shorter periods.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

February 26, 2012, 05:42 PM

Tolerance does occur with many things. But it does not occur with all things. Unfortunately often times we don’t have enough data on a particular compound to know one way or the other.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.