dermaroller

Share/Bookmark

johnson

Rank

Total Posts: 8

February 23, 2012, 05:22 PM

Hi everyone!

I did a search on this site for dermarollers but didn’t really come up with anything. Any opinions on them? Can they be used with topicals like super zix to increase absorption? Can they possibly break up fibrosis?

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

# 1 ]

February 23, 2012, 06:39 PM

There was another post on this topic not too long ago. Not too much was said. I’m still very intrigued by this however, I have yet to see any real testimonials anywherte online aside from the websites trying to sell them. For your info, they can be had for around $10 on ebay and just a little more on amazon. I’m still debating whether or not to get one myself.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 2 ]

February 23, 2012, 08:20 PM

I use mine once a week (0.5mm) after an evening shower, prior to the application of my PM topical: Revivogen. I have only used the dermaroller 3 times (started at the beginning of February) so the only thing I have noticed is situational: a tingling/warming sensation when I apply the topical after microneedling. There is also an apparent itching sensation because of the increased circulation (there’s caffeine in the product). I don’t get that same sensation on the “off” nights when I apply Revivogen - even after an enzyme peel. So I know the microneedling is at the most remedial level aiding in topical absorption… but other benefits, I’ll report on those (if any) in a few months.

I got my tool from this site - the owner/lady seems to know all about ‘em

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermaroller-review/

IGNORE

johnson

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 3 ]

February 23, 2012, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the link. She only recommends rolling once every second day for the scalp. I poked around on their forums and found a link to this interesting article:

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_Releases/may07/hair-follicle-regeneration.html

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 4 ]

February 25, 2012, 11:27 PM

Study looks cool. Yeah, I hope we hear more about this mechanism that’s at work. I’ll post some before and after pictures if there is anything to report in a few months with my progress.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.