Laser Glasses (Protection)

Share/Bookmark

starr

Rank

Total Posts: 13

February 23, 2012, 11:14 PM

I’ve gone for laser hair removal and they ALWAYS make you wear protective goggles so that the laser wont be attracted to the dark pupil of the eye (even if the laser is not being directed at the eyes). I’m wondering if laser clinics get their clients to put on protective eyewear during LLLT sessions, and more importantly if we SHOULD be wearing some when using the laser helmet designed by OMG? There’s alot of laser light being emitted from 350 diodes! Perhaps I can buy some glasses that will protect against this nanometer range on ebay?

Comments?

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

# 1 ]

February 24, 2012, 07:01 PM

I glued a small reverse visor to the lip of my helmet for this very reason. It extends from the helmet and lightly rubs up against my forehead to keep the stray light out of my eyes. The stray light was really killing me and now it’s a non-issue.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 2 ]

February 25, 2012, 04:26 PM

I wouldn’t get all worried about it. All our diodes are completely diffused. It’s the focused beams that cause eye problems. Also, as a result of reflection, any stray light that gets into the eyes has been even further diminished. I’m willing to bet that looking at the sun is far, far worse for the eyes. You will need for goggles when you’re looking directly at the diodes when checking for dead ones. Other than that, unless you have a faulty helmet design that is reflecting light into your eyes while you LLLT, there should be no problems. I get so little laser light into my eyes when I LLLT, I can’t even tell if my helmet is on. I have to put my hand in front of my face to see if red light is reflecting off of it.

I will also conjecture that looking directly at any HID (high intensity discharge) light, or halogen light is far worse for the eyes than stray laser light. Don’t let the word “laser” scare you, it’s just light.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.