Need help to “upgrade” my regimen.. and maybe my helmet???! Please help

Share/Bookmark

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

March 02, 2012, 05:57 AM

Hi, this is my first post!

I ordered a laser helmet from OMG autumn 2010, first year i was a bit on and off so didn’t have any progress, but since september 2011 I’ve been steady on the 3 x 20 mins a week schedule + Super Zix II morning and evening. I’ve also used the Viviscal shampoo, which I also feel are helping.

It took 2-3 months to see any progress, but in des/jan 2012 my hairdresser complimented me and said my hair looked much better!!

In feb I ran out of good shampoo and went through a disasterous period of stress, so I shedded alot for 2-3 weeks, but now it has stopped.

Anyway… need some advice/upgrading:

Laser Messiah:

- How do I know if i have the LM I or LM II, mine has prox 300 diodes.
- My helmet “warms”, seems like it’s just some of the diodes. Should I replace them, evtentually how?
-
- I’d like to upgrade to the LaserPulse system if this is recommended, need some advice here.

Super Zix II:

- Seems to be working, and a good combo to the LM.
- read about Cinnamon Cassia oil, is this something that could be added to either the zix or my shampoo?

Rejuveplex:

- I this something to used instead or in addition to the zix? (or vice versa)

Shampoo:

- Living in norway there’s nowhere I can buy nizoral, but I order from iherb and recently bought a shampoo called Revita, anybody have any experience with this?!
- Any other shampoo you guys would recommend?

Any other advice are most welcome!! smile

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

March 02, 2012, 07:50 AM

I ordered a laser helmet from OMG autumn 2010, first year i was a bit on and off so didn’t have any progress, but since september 2011 I’ve been steady on the 3 x 20 mins a week schedule…

...It took 2-3 months to see any progress, but in des/jan 2012 my hairdresser complimented me and said my hair looked much better!!

lol…  See… this is the one benefit that a laser clinic has over home usage -you are FORCED to go, and when you are there, they FORCE YOU to use it correctly!  [Not “force”, but you get my point!  They’ll give you a hard time if you miss sessions.]

I’ve never made a LM1 for anyone, so if I made it, it’s a LM2.  What you should do to check the diodes is flip it over after the 20 minutes and see if any are dim pinpoints of light.  If there are some, then they are probably hot.  Poke them through the other side of the helmet, clip them out with wire cutters, and let me know!

Ok, here is the most profound thing I’m going to say in the next few months, so I’m going to put it in BOLD:

I inadvertently did a TREMENDOUS DISSERVICE to the world.  Because I had pancreas problems, was hospitalized, and consequently knocked on my ass for two months straight (then had depression for a few weeks) -right at the time that I received the PulseDrive- I was unable to properly tell the world how AMAZING the PulseDrive is.  I should have made videos, posts, comments, etc. on how phenomenal it is.

It is definitely much more stimulation, and I highly doubt that I’m going to use my original power supply with any regular frequency again.  It may be that “acclimation” is a big player here, and perhaps six months from now the original power supply will once again be beneficial, but I highly doubt that it’s going to be neck-and-neck with the PulseDrive.

Eventually, I’ll stop carrying the original power supply altogether and only stock the PulseDrive, but I’m keeping the original as a lower cost option for now.  From time to time, John Steele is sending me shipments of them for US and Canadian new helmet customers, by the way, just so it’ll save some on shipping.  I actually would like to start stocking them for the entire western hemisphere at some point.

Anyway, there you go.

Oh, I used Revita for years.  I think it’s fine -especially for laser therapy.  I currently use Regenepure and Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Soap.  Zix in the morning, and Nidhogge’s Rejuveplex at night, and I’m SUPPOSED to be taking all of the Immortal Hair’s top six supplement line, but I’m currently only taking the two pills that help me with my pancreas/triglyceride problem (R-lipoic acid and Antarctic Krill Oil).

Anyway, you may want to check out my thread on “Using Niacin in Pre-laser topicals”.  I’ll make a video at some point on this, but I think it’s good to follow what I state in there -followed with coconut oil, too.

Ok, good luck, and it’s back to work for me…

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 2 ]

March 02, 2012, 07:15 PM

Thank you OMG, really appreciate your in depth feedback!

It’s good you are ok now, and nice to have you back!!

YES, there are a lot of dimmed diodes in my helmet, probably 20-30 of them! Haven’t taken them out yet, are they doing any good the way they are?!?!

I’ve travelled some distances a few times with the helmet, without a proper bag for it. Could this have some role to play in this case?

Also, the “link” between the helmet and the power supply gets very very hot, and it falls out if I don’t sit still during the session. How can this be fixed? are there any upgrades here, more solid ones?

Anyway… would need some new diodes, at least!! smile

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 3 ]

March 03, 2012, 09:14 AM

I’m surprised you use Regenpure OMG, considering it comes from the guys at regrowth.com.  One of the owners at regrowth is a partial owner of regenpure as well.

regardless, hope your recovery is going well…though I’m sure you’ve already learned that being a father means not having any more time to rest!

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 4 ]

March 03, 2012, 09:21 AM

Scott and I buried the hatched and worked that out a long time ago -and the unstable Regrowth co-owner that was the problem in the first place was given the pink slip and is long gone!  He was in charge of new content and site design, and guess what sucked about that site for the past decade?  You guys need to keep up with the gossip! Lol…

Anyway, I obviously use regenepure because it’s pretty much zix in a shampoo, as well as a couple of other good things.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

IWantMyHairBack!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

# 5 ]

March 04, 2012, 11:54 PM

Hi John!  Glad that you’re back and over your sickness.  Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!

I looked at that Regenepure website and was interested in their shampoo since you use it and said it’s good.  However, it still looks like a marketing ploy.  They list two products, NT and DR.  Apparently you’re supposed to wash with NT (Nourishing Treatment) first, then with DR.  But if you compare the ingredients, they look almost identical!  Here’s a list:

NT
SERENOA SERRULATA (SAW PALMETTO) EXTRACT
EMU OIL
NIACIN VITAMIN B3
CAFFEINE
PYRIDOXINE HCL (VITAMIN B6)
LINOLENIC ACID
DL-PATHENOL
LECITHIN
EQUISETUM ARVENSE (HORSETAIL) EXTRACT
GLYCERIN

DR
SERENOA SERRULATA (SAW PALMETTO) EXTRACT
EMU OIL
NIACIN VITAMIN B3
CAFFEINE
PYRIDOXINE HCL (VITAMIN B6)
LINOLENIC ACID
L-PATHENOL
KETOCONAZOLE
SIMMONDSIA CHINESIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL
ZINC OXIDE

The only difference is the last three ingredients.  That’s a pretty good marketing gimmick if you can get people to wash twice with the same shampoo and spend twice as much money!

Which one to do you use and how do you use it?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

March 05, 2012, 05:29 AM

Hey, IWantMyHairBack!

Well it works out to be the same, though, because you only use each shampoo once!  I’ve always been a follower of “wash/rinse/repeat”!  So, if you like the shampoo, it ends up being a “wash” (yes, that’s a joke).

What they are doing, though, is two things.  First, they are trying to alleviate the fact that a lot of people find ketoconazole shampoos a little bit too drying.  The “NT” is a little more moisturizing.  Also, The “NT” does foam a little more and is definitely much easily spreadable (I’m assuming that’s the lecithin). I always seem to use the DR a lot quicker, and I think it’s because the DR hardly “foams” at all.

Anyway, I think both those bottles last me six months or so.  I’ve stretched out a bottle of Revita to almost a year I think when I’d alternate it with an emu oil shampoo on non-laser days -which was essentially the “Nourishing Treatment” part of that gig back then!  lol…  So, what they are doing wih two bottles is essentially what I’ve been doing anyway!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

IWantMyHairBack!

Rank

# 7 ]

March 05, 2012, 11:18 PM

Hi John!  Thanks very much for the reply!  I think I will try their shampoo system since you explained it so well.  Maybe you should be their marketer!

Also, love your “wash” joke!

IGNORE

Willy_C

Rank

# 8 ]

March 06, 2012, 01:41 AM

The Ginger Scalp Care shampoo from the Body Shop is by far the best shampoo I have ever used. I’ve been using it for about 5 years and will never use anything else.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 9 ]

March 06, 2012, 10:00 AM

Hey, Larry…

I got your PM, and that’s good that you identified that dim ones!  Do me a favor, though, and send me an email at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).  I loathe the PM system here -yes, on my forum that I created. Ha ha ha!  Anyway, the main reason is that I use the emails for my records.

Willy_C…

I haven’t even heard of that one!  We should start a section of the site for shampoos.  You know what… I’ll do that.  I’ll set up a product review section, and I’ll put pictures and links and things like that, and whenever someone makes a comment about their favorite shampoo, I’ll add it to the main article.

I should have the time to

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

March 06, 2012, 10:00 AM

Hey, Larry…

I got your PM, and that’s good that you identified that dim ones!  Do me a favor, though, and send me an email at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).  I loathe the PM system here -yes, on my forum that I created. Ha ha ha!  Anyway, the main reason is that I use the emails for my records.

Willy_C…

I haven’t even heard of that one!  We should start a section of the site for shampoos.  You know what… I’ll do that.  I’ll set up a product review section, and I’ll put pictures and links and things like that, and whenever someone makes a comment about their favorite shampoo, I’ll add it to the main article.

I should have the time to do this sometime before 2020.  lol…

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 11 ]

March 06, 2012, 12:14 PM

I have the shampoo/conditioner set from Revivogen, the Regenepure NT/DT (although I thought you were supposed to use the DT first - in fact I’m pretty sure of it), and then I have the organic shampoo/conditioner set from JustNaturals.

When I run out of the Revivogen shampoo, I’ll just use the Regenepure and the JustNaturals set. Also, there is an organic apple cider vinegar rinse from JN that I plan on using just once a week.

http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/index.html

However, for the purpose of the original question asked, Larry: I think that you should definitely switch things up. Try the revivogen topical for 6 months or so, then go back to super zix II. There is something to say about acclimation and tolerance, but another on consistency. There are also things like microneedling, using a boars hair brush, and cold water rinsing as other ways to increase efficacy and break through plateaus.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.