how do you reduce PH of scalp

Share/Bookmark

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

March 10, 2012, 07:38 AM

Hairmax has a set of products now they claim assist laser treatment. Their main purpose seems to be to clean the scalp and reduce the ph of the scalp. They state that research shows reducing ph leads to increased absorption of energy from the lasers.

is there a cheap way to reduce ph?

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 1 ]

March 10, 2012, 03:23 PM

mj,

Lemon juice.  It is cheap and easy to get.  I think that is what a lot of the old laser clinics used as well.  I tried it a couple of times myself, but I normally don’t do it out of laziness plus I don’t know what amount or concentration to use.

IGNORE

Optimus Prime

Rank

Total Posts: 19

# 2 ]

March 10, 2012, 03:44 PM

mj,

I’ve heard that apple cider vinegar (ACV) helps regulate scalp pH.  I’ve used it before for sebhorreic dermatitis.  It really does exfoliate the scalp nicely.  Feels really good after using it.  Mix half cup ACV with half cup water and rub into your scalp and leave it for about half an hour before shampooing.  If you have color-treated hair, though, it will take the coloring out.  Also make sure you don’t get it in your eyes.  And if you get any on your teeth, make sure to brush them (the acid will eat away your enamel).  If you’re going to use ACV, make sure you get the kind that has the “mother’ probiotic in it.  Braggs is the brand that people seem to like, although any brand with the mother ought to work.  It’s pretty cheap stuff, too.  You can get a one-month supply for about $5 at Whole Foods or any other health food store.  I’ve had recent scalp pain problems, and I think maybe I ought to give ACV a shot again.

Here are some links discussing ACV and sclap pH:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/461672-how-to-restore-the-ph-of-your-scalp/
http://www.ehow.com/how_2145732_use-apple-cider-vinegar-reduce.html

One more thing, ACV is pretty smelly stuff so if you do put it on your scalp, make sure you wash it out with a mild shampoo, otherwise people around you will notice the smell.  I tried washing it out with just water once and my wife thought my feet were stinking again LOL.

Cheers,
Optimus

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 3 ]

March 10, 2012, 08:51 PM

Personally I don’t like ACV.  It is way over hyped in my book.  It may just be me, but it doesn’t do jack for me plus it is smelly.  At least lemon juice is pleasant and should do the trick nicely.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

March 11, 2012, 07:04 PM

In my experience we should be careful lowering PH. It’s a question of degrees. Lower it to much and you will see initial results due to irritation. However these results will be short lived and end up making matters worse in the end.

Lemon juice may be a good idea though. ACV, if diluted a bit, may also be good.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.