anybody heard of this stuff? I’m assuming more snake oil…

Share/Bookmark

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

March 22, 2012, 07:39 AM

http://www.zenagen.com/

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

March 22, 2012, 10:00 AM

But, but… the guy in the first picture is gorgeous, so it must work!

zenagan.png

Here are the before/after pictures, and I don’t know… seems a little too good for a SHAMPOO:

zenagan2.jpg

This is why you just “can’t win” with before/after pictures, by the way!  If those are REAL (unlikely in my humble opinion, of course), they look too good and would cause more controversy than not having any pictures.  Isn’t the hair loss world ridiculous?

I couldn’t find an ingredients list, by the way.  I have no clue what’s in it!

-John (O.M.G.)

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

holyjalopy

RankRank

Total Posts: 27

# 2 ]

March 22, 2012, 02:15 PM

It looks like his hair has been brushed in a different direction in the second picture.  And he might be using nanogen or something.  The texture of his hair in the second one looks strange to me.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 3 ]

March 22, 2012, 07:38 PM

http://www.zenagen.com/zenagen-ingredients/

here are the ingredients…they look interesting, if they’re in large enough amounts.

But the site is shaky at best, they make very strong statements alluding to studies, but never actually provide them.  As a positive,  they openly state that this will not regrow hair for most people that have very thin scalps. 

Their audience are those that have just started to notice hair loss.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 4 ]

March 22, 2012, 07:58 PM

here are the complete ingredients:

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Coconut Coco Nucifera) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Silk Amino Acids, Honey Mel) Extract, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) extract, Ammonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance parfum, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylixothiazolinone, resemary rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Glycol Stearate, Cethyl Palmitate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zenagen Formula [a proprietary extract blend Serenoa repens, Trifolium pretense, Camellia sinensis, trimethylxanthiane, Melaleuca alternifolia extract], Cetyl Alchohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodmium EDTA, Glycerin, 2 Bromo 2 Nitropropane 1, 3 Diol

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 5 ]

March 22, 2012, 08:48 PM

I like the fact that it contains water.  I’ve found that quite helpful in my regime…  cheese

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 6 ]

March 23, 2012, 04:33 PM

The only differences in the before and after photos are grooming, lighting, and angle.  Grooming difference: before has an exaggerated part in the crown, and the after has the hair brushed over the part. Lighting difference: the lighting is much more gentle, ie, dimmer in the after photo and brighter in the before.  Angle difference: the angle is more overhead on the before exaggerating the spot and less overhead on the after blending in the crown spot. 

I have thinning hair in the crown as well and have seen the same “dramatic” difference in one single day in the mirror.  This why I never trust photos.  I can’t even trust my damn mirror, lol. 

BTW, the ingredients don’t sound bad.  It should be mildly beneficial for some.

IGNORE

Rosstman

Rank

Total Posts: 5

# 7 ]

March 31, 2012, 01:52 AM

I actually got this shampoo a few months ago. Your only supposed to use it every 3 days and rub it in for 5 min. I find it is very foamy, like cheap bubble bath from the SLS no doubt. I will say that when I rinse it out my hair feels thick and it looks pretty good. I do so many things and some I started about the same time I got this stuff but I would say that i think it does help thicken my hair a bit.

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 8 ]

May 18, 2012, 08:12 PM

The pics mean nothing in my opinion. The contrast between the before and after is hilarious. Ingredients list looks interesting though. Who knows, would have to try to stuff and I am not going to buy it.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.