Post HT-care

Share/Bookmark

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

April 04, 2012, 02:43 PM

Hey guys,

what would you advise after a hair transplant?
Please give me all the advice you have, from using LLLT, to using the correct pillow sheets to sleep on;).

Thanks for the advice,

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 1 ]

April 12, 2012, 04:09 AM

bump..no special advise on this one?

IGNORE

bigluke

Rank

Total Posts: 19

# 2 ]

April 12, 2012, 09:32 AM

Hey I might be of some help here. I had 2800 grafts done by Dr. Cooley 2 years ago. Great decision! I love it! OMG is the man to talk to about proper LLLT. Anyway, my laser routine was to laser every single day, but not the 15-20 minute sessions that I used pre-HT. I would laser like 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes again that night. According to OMG, your scalp will be able to better absorb the energy after surgery, thus the reason for lasering everyday. This will aid in faster healing, thus faster growth of transplanted hairs. I think that I lasered everyday for about a week, at that time I resumed my normal lasering schedule. My scar healed very nicely and my redness disappeared very quickly as well. Dr. Cooley, who is amazing btw, was impressed at how quickly that I healed. He also used acell on me and our hope is that this will give patients more donor hair to use. I hope this helps a little bit. For me, getting a HT was a great decision and I’m going back in June for 2500 more.

IGNORE

ak161803

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 3 ]

May 18, 2012, 12:59 PM

Did you use the Laser Messiah with the bristles immediately after your HT?  If not, how did you go about doing your sessions?

I saw the standing helmet contraption that OMG built in a much earlier thread and I know I’m not savvy enough to build one of those, but from what I read it sounds like the LLLT will really help with the healing after a HT.

I’m scheduled for early June for 2000 grafts so I’m looking to see what the options are out there and trying to gather all the facts to make this go as smooth as possible.

IGNORE

ak161803

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 4 ]

May 28, 2012, 09:13 PM

Bump…surgery date is June 12th so any feedback before then would be appreciated.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 5 ]

May 29, 2012, 01:03 PM

I used the graft cyte products from the makers of tricomin about 6 years ago, and I used neosporin on the scar every night for a week.  Mine healed incredibly nice.  At the time i didn’t have lasers.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.