New Growth Baby

Share/Bookmark

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

April 25, 2012, 04:57 PM

My barber was buzzing my head today, and all of a sudden said, “Holy shit man, what have you been doing to your hair, I can see tons of blonde growing.” So I of course took a better look, and he was right. What was once microscopic vellus hairs one can only see with a microscope, you can know see them as prominent blond hairs with the naked eye. This translates in my book as more keratin-producing stem cells being activated and contributing more fibers to the hair shaft.

In another 4 months I’m going to take another set of photos to show y’all these results, bc the flash or bright light washes out these blonde hairs, but any ways - my regimen as follows:

Revivogen Scalp Therapy (Current time used: 3 months): Applied nightly one hour before bed
- it contains niacin and caffeine, so I sometimes I apply it right before I laser

Laser Messiah 425 diode helmet with pulse drive, made by OMG (Current time used: 2 months): 3X week, 20 minute session, M W F (Sat/Sun off)

Dermarolling/Microneedling (2 months): 1-3X week at night on off lasering days before I apply the Revivogen Scalp Therapy

Emu Oil: applied right before I laser

Coconut Oil: applied after I laser

Just Natural Products: hair loss shampoo, hair loss conditioner, and men’s hair loss treatment (2 months): daily

RegenePure (2 months): shampoo/conditioner combo 3X week

Sebum Removal: I alternate these things to remove sebum before I laser: Apple Cider Vinegar Wash from Just Natural, Polysorbate 80 for 30-45 minutes then shower, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel, or I use my Clairisonic on my scalp

I’m 28 years old, pretty healthy, and I’ve been experiencing hair loss since I was in my early 20s, but really the most dramatic loss happened in the last few years.

So I’m pretty stoked - I’m hoping by month 6 of LLLT therapy combined with all this other stuff, that I’ll get those blonde hair to fall out and grow in little darker (turning terminal).

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

April 25, 2012, 05:48 PM

How are you going to decipher which treatment(s) caused the regrowth? I remember you starting them all at the same time.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 2 ]

April 25, 2012, 05:56 PM

Tanner,

Congratulations man.  I just moved away from a big city where the stressful job and party boy lifestyle on the weekends has toned down a lot.  I’m getting ready to order my first helmet and really tighten up my topical / internal regimen.

I was on the kitchen sink supplement approach about a year ago and dropped it because it was too costly and I wanted to simplify my internal approach.  Are you taking any supplements at the moment?

-TG

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 3 ]

April 25, 2012, 06:16 PM

NDW - Each thing I do performs a different aspect of my approach to my hair loss. Everyone’s regimen should be from different angles. There is really no way of knowing which treatment is causing the hair growth - there are way too many factors (genetics, degree of hair loss, age, general health, level of fibrosis present, etc). Plus, I don’t have the resources or time to design an experiment to try and attempt to gage the effectiveness of each treatment. However, I can provide you with my rationale for what I do. For example:

- Revivogen Scalp Therapy and Hair Loss Treatment by JN (it’s a topical oil) treat my DHT levels at the hair follicle. Reduce the DHT topically, and over time (in theory) dormant or suppressed follicles will come back online, and a reverse miniaturization can occur, and of course new hairs will emerge. I don’t believe in taking DHT inhibitors orally.

- LLLT increases circulation, and brings energy to the keratin producing cells, and a physicist once told me that the photons emitted by laser light knock off the DHT molecule from binding to the androgen receptors which turn off these cells.

- Dermarolling allows for a dramatic increase in circulation, product absorption, and induces a healing response to the scalp (which I think helps to break up fibrosis). It feels good too, and I can for sure notice the difference when I apply a topical immediately after.

- Apple Cider Vinegar Wash by JN, Polysorbate 80, Enzyme Peels, and Clarisonic use just whisk away any sebum that may be clogging the hair follicle. This clogging can contribute to a thin hair shaft, and will definitely block laser light.

- Shampoos/Conditioners: these are all formulated to encourage growth and a clean/detoxified scalp environment for optimal hair health

- Cold Showers: revamps the vascular system, curbs inflammation, and stimulates circulation

- Boars Hair Brush: redistributes oil on the scalp, cleans the pores, increases circulation, etc.

- Emu Oil: has been shown to block DHT and increase hair growth, but for me it really is about keeping my scalp moisturized as to not block LLLT and to combat dry scalp from it.

- Coconut Oil: similar to Emu Oil’s function, but it also just feels good. I also do massage with it, to also increase circulation

- Workouts: I feel like by lifting weights and doing cardio I’m A.) increasing circulation and strengthening my vascular system B.) sweating (which cleans pores) C.) taking care of stress D.) using testosterone (that way less is funneled into the DHT pathway with 5AR, etc).

Ultimately though, I think the stars of this whole regime are the LLLT and Revivogen.

Hope that helps smile

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 4 ]

April 25, 2012, 06:24 PM

TG - I am glad you are getting ready to get back on track.

In answer to your question, I don’t do any supplements geared toward hair loss. I get most of my nutrients from real food. So - I juice once a day (cucumber, kale, green apple, ginger, celery - just one recipe) which provides a crap ton of nutrients, eat healthy (no red meat, lots of veggies, fruit once a day, beer only once a week, etc.), and I take fish oil.

You want my recommendation? Do a good detox/cleanse first. You should watch “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead”. It’s a documentary on a guy who did a 60 day juice cleanse. Pretty extreme - but 10 days is sufficient. Plus a lot of hair clinics recommend a cleanse at the beginning. After your cleanse, just eat clean, workout, do the LLLT, and get a good topical like revivogen.

If after 6 months you don’t see the results you want, I’d look at Immortal Hair’s list of supplements and maybe even talk to him about his recommendation. I’ve got 4 more months to my 6 month LLLT mark, and if I am not where I want to be, I’ll probably look into the supplements he suggests.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 5 ]

April 26, 2012, 12:13 AM

Yeah you got a pretty dope routine going, it’s really thorough. I like how you join the forum and a couple months later you get “holy shit man” regrowth. Shows what a little diligence can do.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 6 ]

April 26, 2012, 09:12 AM

Yeah, well I’ve been on Revivogen for 3 months now, and I’ve done LLLT off and on for the last 2 years (I tried two different laser clinics). So I’ve been working on my hair half-ass for some time. These last 3 months though, I’ve been extremely diligent. The next thing I’m hoping for is those vellus hairs to turn terminal. Hopefully, that’ll be in store in another few months.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 7 ]

April 26, 2012, 08:28 PM

Couldn’t have said it better myself - that is a DOPE routine.  Every angle you’ve taken seems well thought out, man.  I especially love the “simplicity” of the approach as well (at least compared to some regimens I’ve seen out there).  I think finding something that makes sense to you, utilizing that plan and most importantly, sticking to it, is absolutely key.

I found myself in a rabbit hole of trying to understand bio-mechanics and physiological processes behind hair loss via forums, publications, etc - only to find myself inundated with contradictory and confusing information.  On paper, the kitchen sink approach seems like you should have hair loss beat if you take “this and that” supplement and topical, but there’s hardly any way of currently knowing exactly how all of those things interact with each other in the human body..

Without going on a rant, I think a few simple, well thought out strategies can go a really long way.  Couple that with as clean a lifestyle as possible and stress management, then just about anyone (save someone with a really agressive genetic propensity toward baldness) can halt/significantly slow hair loss.

Well done, Tanner.  Everything you’re doing makes sense to me.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 8 ]

April 26, 2012, 08:35 PM

Oh yeah, and let me say, fuck all of us feeling like we need to spend so much time/money/effort just combat hair loss.
Fingers are crossed for Replicel and/or other effective treatments coming down the pike.  Best of luck to everyone, as I’m aware that Replicel’s initial results from phase one trials are coming out within the next week or so.

Cheers boys and gals.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 9 ]

April 28, 2012, 11:31 AM

Tanner…

sounds like some great progress. i agree that your regimen is pretty thorough. im trying to recommit to a regimen myself. I notice that you didnt go the internal way with dht inhitors. no finasteride which i like. Can you give me some feedback on the revivogen? I have a sensitive scalp and cannot use minoxidil.  Cant sag i would anyway but im curious about revivogen. Does it irritate the scalp?

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 10 ]

April 28, 2012, 11:03 PM

Neutron -

I really like the Revivogen product. It’s a lipid based formula, so it absorbs nicely, and it doesn’t have an unpleasant odor. Initially, I did notice a few small red pimples at the hairline, but that was it. It really hasn’t irritated my scalp at all. I usually apply it in the evening an hour or more before bed. Before I apply it, I either have freshly showered, done an enzyme peel, derma rolled, or at the very least, brushed my head with the boars hair brush.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

# 11 ]

April 30, 2012, 09:50 PM

What about dermarolling right after taking a shower, then adding emu oil and then lasering? Won’t the effects be even greater since the emu oil is going in deeper?

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 12 ]

May 02, 2012, 12:32 PM

I don’t do dermarolling and laser on the same day. I feel like it’s too much. Plus the emu oil doesn’t need the portals created by the needles to really penetrate. Use dermarolling for topicals like Rejuveplex, Revivogen, etc..

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 13 ]

May 02, 2012, 12:40 PM

sounds good:), thanks for the elaborate info..
Revivogen is quite expensive. Over here you pay 150 dollar for 3 months..

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 14 ]

May 02, 2012, 01:49 PM

See, I pay $99 for a 3-month supply of scalp therapy. I don’t do the shampoo/conditioner… I use RegenePure and The Hair Loss Shampoo and Conditioner from Just Naturals. Maybe you could email the site and ask for a discount? Wonder why it’s so much.

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 15 ]

May 02, 2012, 01:55 PM

even $99 is quite a lot if you ask me..
If it would give me hair though, it would be a bargain!

It is more expensive due to euro/dollar rate.. It’s 129 euro (which is even 169 dollar..)

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 16 ]

May 02, 2012, 09:20 PM

Thx Tanner. I get my emu oil tomorrow and I’ve been reading very encouraging reviews of it for hair loss on amazon of all places. This stuff seems to be an important ingredient. I will try it w/o dermarolling and see how it works. Thx again.

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 17 ]

May 05, 2012, 03:21 AM

What length dermaroller are you using? 1mm?

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 18 ]

May 07, 2012, 04:55 PM

I don’t use a dermaroller yet, but I plan on using the 1 mm, yes.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 19 ]

May 08, 2012, 04:46 PM

I do a 0.5mm dermaroller

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 20 ]

May 08, 2012, 09:59 PM

So I remember reading a thread on here from “Baldbegone” I think about his positive, 6-month LLLT results. He reported having several sheds… here is my question:

I have never really noticed massive sheds. I’m sure it is happening, because my hair has gone through phases where it totally looks like I have less, followed by a more acceptable-looking phase. I’m wondering if these “sheds” people talk about are simply more noticeable when you have long hair and white tile (mine is dark brown). Are these sheds really that important? Does it mean that a hair has fallen out because it being pushed out by a new hair (possibly a terminal)?

IGNORE

SolitaireCloneInX

RankRank

Total Posts: 56

# 21 ]

May 21, 2012, 11:46 PM

@tanner,

what type of dermaroller do you use? i’m looking to add both a dermaroller & zix to my regimen this month, and i was curious about what kind you used/where you purchased it from? thanks in advance!

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 22 ]

May 22, 2012, 01:23 AM

Tanner84,

I have black hair and a white scalp.  Talk about contrast!  The good thing is I couldn’t deny my hair loss for long so I sought treatment before it was too late.  The bad thing is the contrast is so unforgiving.  Btw, it always amazes me how guys are in such denial over their hair loss.  I was one of those fools myself.  I should have sought treatment at the first signs.  I never had major sheds with lllt.  My hair has definitely cycled with what I think are normal-ish shed cycles.  My general feeling is sheds are bad, but I could be wrong.  Losing hair always sounds bad to me.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 23 ]

May 30, 2012, 09:02 AM

For any of those who want to know I use the 0.5 mm dermaroller. The site I get them from is:

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermaroller-review/

It really is night and day in terms of when I apply the Revivogen after dermarolling vs. not dermarolling. Plus I was on the phone with a hair expert the other day, and he verified that dermarolling really helps with hair regrowth, and his own clients use ‘em.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 24 ]

May 30, 2012, 09:02 AM

I haven’t had a major shed… my vellus hairs are just getting longer. I have a bunch of blonde hair now growing, but you can’t see them unless the light hits my head a certain way or you get really up close… a friend suggested I dye them.

Any ways, I’m almost at the 3 month laser mark… so I’m hoping by month 6 I’ll see some terminal hairs.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 25 ]

June 02, 2012, 10:09 PM

Great work Tanner! I’ll add my comments in case it helps you and others even more:-

- Revivogen worked for me for a while, but I think Rejuveplex may be better.
- Laser Messiah, yeah bang on. OMG Rocks.
- Derma at 0.5 is very good start, I have not done that but will start
- Sebum removal - IH/ CS is right about this - do not eat any ood cooked in oil, and you may find teh sebum will just GO. or go back to normal
-  Yuo dont mention diet. I have fond the biggest regrowth benefits by DIET. Eat a shit load of plant based foods and I mean a ton.. yes protein and good fat too, but I mean eat lbs of steamed or raw root vegetables and green leafies. QUIT sugar now before you get old like me!!! and quit grains too. dairy sucks as well.
- As I told OMG also think about dunking in Sea Water often. I do it every other day.
- And I chatted with Will Gaunitz about some of my alkaline ideas and its working great for him at his clinc as an adjunct to the LLLT.

In essence I’d also say dont forget that hair grows from the inside out and hence jdp’s and A>R’s work will be key too if you want full regrowth.

Can you tell me where to get the 0.5mm derma roller?

Cheers!

tanner84 - April 25, 2012, 04:57 PM

My barber was buzzing my head today, and all of a sudden said, “Holy shit man, what have you been doing to your hair, I can see tons of blonde growing.” So I of course took a better look, and he was right. What was once microscopic vellus hairs one can only see with a microscope, you can know see them as prominent blond hairs with the naked eye. This translates in my book as more keratin-producing stem cells being activated and contributing more fibers to the hair shaft.

In another 4 months I’m going to take another set of photos to show y’all these results, bc the flash or bright light washes out these blonde hairs, but any ways - my regimen as follows:

Revivogen Scalp Therapy (Current time used: 3 months): Applied nightly one hour before bed
- it contains niacin and caffeine, so I sometimes I apply it right before I laser

Laser Messiah 425 diode helmet with pulse drive, made by OMG (Current time used: 2 months): 3X week, 20 minute session, M W F (Sat/Sun off)

Dermarolling/Microneedling (2 months): 1-3X week at night on off lasering days before I apply the Revivogen Scalp Therapy

Emu Oil: applied right before I laser

Coconut Oil: applied after I laser

Just Natural Products: hair loss shampoo, hair loss conditioner, and men’s hair loss treatment (2 months): daily

RegenePure (2 months): shampoo/conditioner combo 3X week

Sebum Removal: I alternate these things to remove sebum before I laser: Apple Cider Vinegar Wash from Just Natural, Polysorbate 80 for 30-45 minutes then shower, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel, or I use my Clairisonic on my scalp

I’m 28 years old, pretty healthy, and I’ve been experiencing hair loss since I was in my early 20s, but really the most dramatic loss happened in the last few years.

So I’m pretty stoked - I’m hoping by month 6 of LLLT therapy combined with all this other stuff, that I’ll get those blonde hair to fall out and grow in little darker (turning terminal).

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 26 ]

June 02, 2012, 10:12 PM

tanner84 - May 30, 2012, 09:02 AM

I haven’t had a major shed… my vellus hairs are just getting longer. I have a bunch of blonde hair now growing, but you can’t see them unless the light hits my head a certain way or you get really up close… a friend suggested I dye them.

Any ways, I’m almost at the 3 month laser mark… so I’m hoping by month 6 I’ll see some terminal hairs.

IMHO regular sea water and perfect diet will be the tings to take you to that next level, of new terminals.

And then you’ll need micro chelation and RIFE to balance out all the fucked up hormones and solve the underlying problems…

Good luck!  the body can do anything. Grow it all back. BUt do not underestimate the critical importance of brilliant nutrition and sea water. grin

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 27 ]

June 07, 2012, 01:08 AM

What if you are miles from the sea ? :-(  I use a lime (natural ingredients) salt scrub on my scalp (just let it sit there) and that will do the same as sea water.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 28 ]

June 07, 2012, 11:03 PM

Mastery -

Yeah, I’m in TEXAS. So you’re telling me I should go to medical school overseas huh? That might end up happening actually!

However - just like “marb” said, what do you think the solution is for us to get sea water smile

Plus I know what chelation is, but I’ve never heard of it in the context you put it in. Would you explain a bit more?

I’ve got a crap ton of vellus hairs, but yeah, they gotta go terminal or I’m sunk. I might have to resort to Good Link Ink in another couple of years if I can’t get some terminal action “up there”. Thanks for your help!

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

# 29 ]

June 07, 2012, 11:11 PM

Mastery - I just read in more detail your post mentioning that I didn’t mention my diet…

In general I eat fairly well. For example, this evening we had roasted corn on the cob (no butter, just a spritz of avocado oil), brussel sprouts, and a homemade black bean and mushroom veggie patty. That’s just an example. But basically I eat clean during the week (no butter, meat only once a day, no sugar, good fats, lots of veggies) but on Saturdays (my free day) - I have beer and whatever else I want.

EVERY individual can ALWAYS make better choices and improve their diet. So, I’ll make more of a conscious effort to eat EVEN better. - not gonna give up my Saturdays though. A man’s gotta have a beer or…4 every now and again (and when I say every now and again - once a week on Saturdays at Alamo Drafthouse).

oh and btw, I posted a link to where I get my derma rollers from a couple of posts up from one of yours. hope to hear back from ya soon!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.