no pump from laser cap

Share/Bookmark

stinker

Rank

Total Posts: 3

May 01, 2012, 08:24 PM

hey Guys,

I have a 350 diode cap and It fits well, I use magnesium oil before lasering and still no pump sensation after or during my session. what could be wrong?

Neil

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 1 ]

May 01, 2012, 10:04 PM

What is the status of your hair loss?  If you are slick bald you may not get the pump due to all the scarring.  Another possibility might be your scalp condition.  Is your scalp fairly healthy, ie, no dead skin, sebum buildup, psoriasis, etc?  Not everyone gets the pumped feeling so it may not be a big deal in any case.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 2 ]

May 01, 2012, 11:04 PM

I, along with many other users, do not get the pump either.  I am not slick bald, and my scalp is healthy.  So, don’t worry about it…

IGNORE

stinker

Rank

Total Posts: 3

# 3 ]

May 01, 2012, 11:47 PM

my status of hair loss is norwood 3. I laser right after shower to allow for a clean scalp and as much laser light penetration as possible. i dont think i have dead skin there or anything listed above.

IGNORE

Duketronix

Rank

Total Posts: 10

# 4 ]

May 02, 2012, 08:10 PM

I’ve only been using my messiah for about a month and a half or something… I didn’t get the pump for the first month or so but have been doing lots of other manual exercises (massage, scalp pulling, which after working up to it I can do REAL hard now and it feels great and floods my scalp with blood, brushing with boar bristle etc) and using GSE on my scalp.  The last few times I used the helmet I have had what I would assume is the “pump”.
I don’t know if its all related since it’s just anecdotal but I think all the stuff I’ve done to get blood flowing up there has been helping and may be why I now get more of a pump/pulsing kind of feeling towards the end of my sessions.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 5 ]

May 03, 2012, 12:47 AM

Laser light is so powerful it will always get though to the skin. I have a pointer that can go a long way when shone at night outdoors. If it is a few mm from the scalp, I am sure it has no problem penetrating through. Try puttig one against your finger. It lights up all the veins through to the other side.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 6 ]

May 03, 2012, 01:56 AM

I am lllt-ing right now and I am getting the pump.  I almost always get that feeling.  It is kind of a tingly sunburn-y feel.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 7 ]

May 03, 2012, 03:57 PM

I get the pump too… in fact the first time I did LLLT with the laser messiah, I actually got a headache from it. Now, it’s just a comfortable warming/tingling sensation. Sometimes it evens make me wanna scratch under the helmet - that just means lots of blood flow!

For those of you who do not get the pump, I’d recommend doing a detox, eating more veggies, and maybe a topical niacin regimen. If you can do the detox and get cardio in every day, and then switch to less animal fat and more veggies + 20 minutes of sweat your balls off cardio, you will clean your veins/arteries from the plaque built up from all those saturated fats that lay down in perfect sheets due to their molecular shape. Right now due to age and diet, you may need to think of your blood pathways as a water hose that’s got a low flow rate due to build up of crap. Clean it out gents!

Also, I think that dermarolling and massage with a good oil like emu oil will be a great addition. Cold showers too… switch from warm to cold, to warm to cold, - this causes a vasodilation/constriction relay yet again increasing circulation and cleaning out those pathways.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 8 ]

May 03, 2012, 08:16 PM

Sorry I’ve been away so long, but this is why you haven’t seen any “OMG… where the hell are you?  I want my helmet!” threads! lol…  My once nerve-damaged fingers are sizzling again!

Not everyone feels the pump, and I’ve found that it doesn’t have any sort of bearing on results!  The only explanation is simply how your nerves are “wired” (really scientific explanation, I know!).

What I’ve found FASCINATING, though -and this isn’t scientific at all, but what I’ve noticed- is that the people that *do* feel the pump also tend to be the ones that *do* get side effects from propecia (and other drugs).  The people that DON’T get side effects from propecia tend to be the ones that don’t feel the pump from laser helmets.  So, and once again I give the disclaimer that I may be most definitely making a false assumption, it leads me to believe that perhaps being prone to side effects is related to this “nerve wiring” that I’m talking about.

Now that I’ve said that, I’m sure people will blow that hypothesis out of the water, but it’s interesting that I’ve made it this far and still notice this!

But yes… the lasers are certainly penetrating and magic is happening -you just might not be able to feel it.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 9 ]

May 04, 2012, 02:01 AM

Yes, I got a headache (a weird kind) when I first stated to use my lasers. Now I am fine. As I was diagnosed with high cholesterol last year, I have been taking odorless garlic and soya lecithin (fat emulsifier) and I have lost weight and more trim. This has to have a good effect on LLT.

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 10 ]

May 04, 2012, 03:22 AM

I do not feel anything during LLLT either. I use emu oil and laser 20 minutes with 400 diodes, no feeling at all.
Been using it for 12 months now. No stunning results, perhaps my hairloss has slowed down a bit.
Still a believer though, go go LLLT :D

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 11 ]

May 04, 2012, 03:55 AM

As I said in another post, any moisturizing topical during lasering will have a better effect on absorption. I moisturize before I go out in the sun and I always tan much better.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.