Anybody familiar or have used this products here….

Share/Bookmark

Addicted

Rank

Total Posts: 18

May 11, 2012, 01:42 AM

Hello… Was looking to include poly80 to my pre-LLLT topical… I can across this product some time ago and have been contemplating this purchase.

http://minoxidildirect.com/polysorbate_80.htm

The ingredients also list biotin and niacin which sounded like a good mix. Anybody know if this would work well as a pre-topical?

And is adding this to my hair along with emu-oil and leave in during my LLLT session still the current recommended procedure?

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 1 ]

May 11, 2012, 11:49 AM

yeah that is actually the one OMG discussed (as I remember correctly).

I used to apply it as well but I have quite doing so, cause I considered it to sticky, and actually pulling out hair when rubbing it in..The whole debate if Niacin is good or bad also makes me more cautious..

However, I do think it is nice stuff, but I that emu-oil is better:).

IGNORE

Addicted

Rank

Total Posts: 18

# 2 ]

May 14, 2012, 01:07 AM

Thanks for your reply. I may pick some up and give it a try. It’s fairly cheap on pricing.. the part about being too sticky and pulling out the hair sounds scary. Heh. I’ll try being gentle if at all possible..

I have started doing emu oil just recently and leaving it on during LLLT, followed with coconut oil after LLLT for about 30min then rinse. Maybe combined with the emu-oil it will lessen the stickiness effect. *shrugs*

IGNORE

Rosstman

Rank

Total Posts: 5

# 3 ]

May 26, 2012, 02:35 AM

I get poly from puritans pride. It’s got the biotin and niacin and not sticky. I use lg shot glass 1/3 full of water,add some bromelin and nuke for 5 sec then add 1/3 or little more poly and nuke another 5 or 6 sec and apply to dry hair.  Gets foamy and applies easily.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

May 26, 2012, 06:19 PM

This type product has been out for decades. Personally I don’t find it to be any better than plain old polysorbate. That said I am a huge fan of polysorbate 80. Once we realize there are no miracle cures or treatments. Once we realize regrowth of much of our lost hair is unrealistic then you realize how valuable this substance can be. PS80 will help you keep what hair you have left a lot longer in my humble opinion.

It’s cheap, has no systemic side effects. Furthermore putting it on your scalp for 5-10 minutes before entering the shower is pretty easy to be compliant with in the long run. It’s not what we do in the next 6 months that will make any long term difference. It’s what we do over the next decade that will matter.

Just my humble opinion.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 5 ]

May 26, 2012, 06:19 PM

This type product has been out for decades. Personally I don’t find it to be any better than plain old polysorbate. That said I am a huge fan of polysorbate 80. Once we realize there are no miracle cures or treatments. Once we realize regrowth of much of our lost hair is unrealistic then you realize how valuable this substance can be. PS80 will help you keep what hair you have left a lot longer in my humble opinion.

It’s cheap, has no systemic side effects. Furthermore putting it on your scalp for 5-10 minutes before entering the shower is pretty easy to be compliant with in the long run. It’s not what we do in the next 6 months that will make any long term difference. It’s what we do over the next decade that will matter.

Just my humble opinion.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.