What is Hollywood doing?

Share/Bookmark

cosmos_gab

Rank

Total Posts: 7

May 17, 2012, 10:04 PM

I look at Brad Pitt, Tom cruise, Colin Farrell, Russell Crowe, Christian Bale, Leo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, even Richard Gere, etc, etc.
These guys have great hair well under control.

What are they doing?
Have they simply been taking drugs from the beginning or they can afford treatments or doctors we can’t with their millions?

There are exceptions like Kevin Spacey, Brendan Fraser, Nicolas Cage (who got transplants it seems), Bruce Willis (who doesn’t care) and Anthony Hopkins (who’s a generation or two too late) and others but they are the exceptions.
Not representative of the real MPB statistics.

People like Hugh Grant, Edward Norton, and more obviously Jude Law all seem to have experienced MPB but gotten it under control now.

What’s their secret? Propecia and Minox. I doubt it.
It’s their image. It’s huge. Imagine a bald Brad or Tom.
There must be something going on down there.

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 1 ]

May 18, 2012, 08:13 AM

I think that those guys just have good hair. Probability wise, some men who are famous movie stars will have good hair and some won’t. Inevitably you will end up with a bunch of guys with long careers and nice hair. It is the way the cookie crumbles in my opinion. Being that our reality is fraught with hair loss and our attention is on hair we find it hard to believe that other men have it so good in the hair department. That is my opinion anyway.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 2 ]

May 18, 2012, 12:39 PM

There are quite a few older men in my company that have thick hair.  Some guys just don’t go bald at least for the first 60 years or so.  A lot of the hollywood guys with just ok-ish slow balding hair cheat for a long time with camera angles, blurring, hair pieces, hair transplants, etc.  This gives the illusion of higher percentage of men with good hair.  There is no secret silver bullet yet.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 3 ]

May 18, 2012, 01:55 PM

you have to remember.. many of tohese guys made it because of good genes. Oftentimes they keep getting major roles because they havent aged badly. The guys that do bald during a career have the advantages of makeup, wigs and transplants. You would be surprised how manyvactors wears wigs. Bert Reynolds, William Shatner and i just saw Billy Bob Thornton on Imus with hair. Ive seen him bald in several movies

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

May 20, 2012, 07:02 PM

I think a lot of them wear hair pieces too. They’re undetectable. If I’d be making 20 million a movie because of the way I looked, I’d be wearing one too. Also they might get pretty aggressive with this idea. I’ve read where sometimes people get a really great hair transplant that focuses only on the hair line. Then they get a hair piece to fit behind it. That’s really, really undetectable.

The only exception is William Shatner. I don’t understand this guys wig. His wig is too thick for his age. Therefore it often looks fake. That’s the way it is with Hair pieces. We only spot the bad ones. They don’t run all those infomercials for Hair Club because nobody is buying them. If you see a 40 year old with great hair, there is a good chance he’s wearing a piece.

I think we see people wearing hair pieces almost everyday. We just don’t realize it. It wouldn’t suprise me if we haven’t been jealous sometimes and wish we had hair like some guy we’ve seen and here all along it was a piece!

IGNORE

cosmos_gab

Rank

Total Posts: 7

# 5 ]

May 22, 2012, 02:25 PM

Perhaps you guys are right.
I was just assuming that with their millions they have more resources than us and they might be doing something we’re not aware of and that we could explore.

Their really expensive anti-aging doctors they see must be telling them something more than Propecia, Laser therapy, hair transplants, and some topicals, no?

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 6 ]

May 22, 2012, 04:23 PM

This reminded of an article I read a while back about a Beverly Hills doctor.  Maybe some of the hollywood types are doing this:

http://www.americanhealthandbeauty.com/articles/?article=1320

Oh yeah, I wrote post on this a while back.  Here is the dr’s website:

http://www.epione.com/botox—vitamin-hair-replacement

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 7 ]

May 26, 2012, 06:24 PM

Ever actually see these Hollywood guys in person? Most people say they actually look much the same or worse than everyone else. The whole hollywood illusion has caused all of us to be less satisfied with the way we look. Yet it is all an illusion.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 8 ]

May 29, 2012, 01:08 PM

I would say the desire to combat hairloss varies per person just like everything else.  Bruce willis and mathew Mcconoughey have both publicly commented on looking for cures, and as you can tell from their results, there isn’t one yet.  Mcconoughey is looking better but my guess is a transplant.

Also, there is the stigma of hair loss being less sexy than full manes, so those that are trying things probably aren’t mentioning it.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.