best ways to get rid of existing fibrosis? (peels, needling, etc) Looking for suggestions/advice

Share/Bookmark

sizzlinghairs

Rank

Total Posts: 1

June 02, 2012, 01:04 PM

Hey everyone, just wondering what the consensus is on the best way to get rid of pesky existing fibrosis in order to give way to new growth?

Thoughts? 

Thanks!!

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 1 ]

June 02, 2012, 10:01 PM

Try Sea Water and an aloe based tea tree oil shampoo. Plus eat perfect.

I am losing skin on my scalp my doing this, is it beneficial or not? I see new hairs.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 2 ]

June 04, 2012, 02:17 PM

I would add: take NAC and do a daily full scalp massage.  My belief is at best you can get rid of is about 50% of your fibrosis over a long period of time.

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 3 ]

June 07, 2012, 11:22 PM

Lapwing - what’s NAC?

Mastery - again - how do I get “sea water” out here in TX?

Y’all should all check out the organic products at Just Natural - I love the shampoo/conditioner for hair loss, and I use the men’s hair loss topical every morning. It would be a good thing to use for your daily scalp massage. that or emu oil.

http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 4 ]

June 08, 2012, 02:02 AM

NAC is n-acetyl cysteine.  It is the most overlooked supplement in combatting MPB.  It is an amazing fighter against fibrosis.  I think its pathway is that it prevents or decreases the production TGF-B.  I researched this a long time ago, so I am a little rusty on the details.  I first noticed NAC when I looked up fibrotic diseases like Dupuytren’s Contracture.  I saw that for many of those sufferers that NAC was very effective.  Here are two quick web links for reference:

http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/481487
http://www.sarcoidosis.it/data/2009/2_2009/Cui.pdf

I think NAC has helped my fibrosis.  In fact I know it has.  My scalp is not near as tight as used to be.  I think that has translated to more hair for me as well.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 5 ]

June 09, 2012, 08:38 AM

LAPWING… where do you purchase this.

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 6 ]

June 09, 2012, 08:12 PM

Neutron, have a look on I herb.com, plenty of nac products available there.

still interested to hear which one in particular Lapwing uses, though.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 7 ]

June 10, 2012, 10:10 PM

tanner84 - June 07, 2012, 11:22 PM

Lapwing - what’s NAC?

Mastery - again - how do I get “sea water” out here in TX?

Y’all should all check out the organic products at Just Natural - I love the shampoo/conditioner for hair loss, and I use the men’s hair loss topical every morning. It would be a good thing to use for your daily scalp massage. that or emu oil.

http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/

Personally, what I would do (well, what I did) is this - drive to Houston (or nearest shoreline in Texas) once a week or once every two weeks and stay there for two nights and dunk three days in a row while washing it off within 1 - 3 hours at a camping shower.  eg Froday night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning. Then drive home. But…

...also, I would take a 5 or 10 gallon glass jar (or larger?) with you and FILL it with sea water. Get a spray bottle and use that when you get back to douse your hair and scalp every day or every other day, about an hour or two before you shower.

Failing that, you could always move!

You should also speak to OMG as he has some great ideas about doing something similar which are as inventive as always - way to go oMG!

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 8 ]

June 10, 2012, 10:23 PM

hairmore - June 09, 2012, 08:12 PM

Neutron, have a look on I herb.com, plenty of nac products available there.

still interested to hear which one in particular Lapwing uses, though.

I use this one:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-N-A-C-Sustain-600-mg-100-Bilayer-Tablets/135

145 people can’t be wrong…...

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 9 ]

June 10, 2012, 10:47 PM

Yep, was looking at that one as well, Mastery.

Although it is about double the price per 600mg dose compared to the NOW offerings it seems to have the added benefit of 2/3 of it to be slow released, which might be worth the extra cost.

I also note that Jarrow’s state to take on an empty stomach, whereas NOW does not mention anything regarding empty stomach/with meals or the like.

Also very interested in OMG’s sea water invention, heard about it somewhere else before.

Are there any studies, documents, reports or similar on the sea water benefits? It’s only about a 20 minute drive from where I am so might consider taking home a few cubes of sea water.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 10 ]

June 13, 2012, 11:55 PM

I been off-line for a while.  I do the Jarrows Sustain NAC, and I usually buy it from iherb.  I try to take one pill 3 times day.  Breakfast, dinner, and before bed.  You may want to build up slowly, once a day the first week and then add on after that.  I think it is worth the extra cost to get the sustain version.  It is much better from my experience.

What about adding sea salt to your shower for the sea water effect?  Wouldn’t that be effective?  You can dissolve some sea salt into some water and soak your head that way at home.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.