Just a thought, what do you guys think? Pillow problems…

Share/Bookmark

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

June 17, 2012, 09:21 PM

First and foremost, I have and have always had very oily hair/skin. The other day my wife made a comment about my pillow seeming oily and that it probably wasn’t good for my hair. Thinking about it logically, I’m losing hair only on the top of my head where it does not rest on the pillow.

I did a little test… While laying down with my head on the pillow, I rolled over in all of the common (at least for me) positions on my sides, back, and stomach.

It seemed almost too perfect. My hairloss starts at the exact point where contact to my pillow ceases in all positions, at every point on my head.

I know it sounds crazy but I’m just throwing it out there for feedback.

Can anyone else test this and see how it goes?

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 1 ]

June 18, 2012, 03:46 PM

Are you suggesting that pillow contact prevents hair loss???
Or do you mean that the oil sticks to your pillow, therefore is removed from your scalp and therefore prevents hairloss?

Or course most of the areas that touch your pillow are non-aga areas, so they should be fine…

In fact, I would say it might be the other way around. Actually hairdressers can tell you which side you sleep on, because your hair is thinner on that said.. (well at least, that is the case in people with long hair). This might be both due to restrictred blood flow (even though this will be minor) and actually stressing your hairs, pulling at them when moving around. A high quality pillow cover should prevent this..

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 2 ]

June 20, 2012, 02:13 AM

mmhhhhh…

I might just start strapping a pillow to my balding areas at night and see if my hair stops falling or even starts regrowing.
But then again, my wife might think that I’m now fully insane and might demand that I sleep somewhere else from now on.
Thinking about it, I don’t want to take that risk even if it means that I will loose all my hair over the next few years.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

June 20, 2012, 01:30 PM

I think it’s an example of one of those paranoid things we come up with when we are worried about losing our hair. We all have done similar things.

IGNORE

Rothman

RankRank

Total Posts: 34

# 4 ]

June 23, 2012, 01:53 PM

dZine - June 18, 2012, 03:46 PM

Are you suggesting that pillow contact prevents hair loss???
Or do you mean that the oil sticks to your pillow, therefore is removed from your scalp and therefore prevents hairloss?

I’m not really suggesting anything. I was just wondering if there could be a link of some sort there. I just find it quite strange that my hairloss areas coincide so perfectly with where contact to my pillow stops. I didn’t know if somebody here knew something I didn’t regarding this.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.