Cover me….I’m going back in!

Share/Bookmark

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

June 17, 2012, 11:51 PM

Going into “Carolina Hair Surgery”  to see Dr. Vories at 8:30am this morning to get 1000 FUE.  This will be to plug up recession and stuff that was missed with the first sweep with Cooley 2 years ago. 

After seeing and experiencing what the laser helmet can do for transplants last time, I’m glad I won’t be witohout one.  John,  your a legend!  Thanks for getting me a helmet before surgery!

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 1 ]

June 18, 2012, 01:06 AM

Good to hear!
Very interested in how it works out. Hoping you will share some pics again, I learned heaps from your last report.

Any reason for the change in Doctors? FUE?

Cheers

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 2 ]

June 18, 2012, 01:31 AM

Will be using a cellphone this time as camera i dead :(.

As far as doctors go, price and specialty was the main factor.  Dr. Cooley doesn’t do many FUE cases and he charges like $10 a graft.  I am going with FUE because I don’t think another strip would complement my alien head and ever shortening neck.  Not to mention this is lessinvasive.    Dr. Vories uses Neograft(same Baumann touts) which makes the process faster, more accurate and more relable(graft survival).  Will update tommorrow.  I may just do the 1000 grafts which will allow me to conceal everything.  If I do more, I will have to shave down.  Want to speak the doctor and get another full rundown.    Will update you tommorrow.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

# 3 ]

June 18, 2012, 01:40 AM

Great, thanks for the update. Wish you all the best with it tomorrow!

I’m still a year (at least) off my first HT, have not decided on technique and doctor yet, although I spend a fair bit of time researching Dr. Cooley. Somehow still more attracted to FUE so really looking forward to your experience seeing you will have done both.

All the best, mate.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 4 ]

June 18, 2012, 04:19 PM

1000grafts.  Started at 9am and it was over 1pm.  I have a noticeable chunk of hair out of the back top of my head, that as my hair grows back should be able to cover.  Not to mention without shampooing my hair looks like ass anyway.  Can’t wait till Wednesday.  In addition there are strip like areas FUE’ed on the sides.

I was impressed with how fast it was done.  They were very professional and seemed more than competent(they have been around for about 10 years in Charleston).  Used the helmet when I got back and getting ready for another pass here in a sec.  No pain, no meds.  Taking Antioxidant Boost and Ecklonia Cava along with Tocosorb and Pureway C.  Also going to reup on the CQ10 and Fish Oil and mag oil.  Ate a big lunch, only tired cause I didn’t sleep well last night.  Feel like I could go work out easy as I don’t have to worry about that shitty strip scar and tension problems(put me out last time for a month).  Anyway going to get some studying done and then chill out and maybe take a nap.

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 5 ]

June 18, 2012, 05:22 PM

Although nobody recommended this and I don’t know if I should be doing it, I just sprayed mag oil all over the donor and recipient sites.  It burns like a sun of a bitch, but by all the science I have seen, it speeds healing.  I haven’t been able to feel anything up there much since surgery.  Now sensation is returning starting with stinging, and some burning.  I hope thats a good thing.    Hope I’m not frying my grafts, smile.

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

# 6 ]

June 28, 2012, 01:05 AM

Hey DM5,

how’s it all going?

Are you happy so far?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.