Shock Loss after HT

Share/Bookmark

ak161803

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

July 02, 2012, 07:06 PM

Does anyone on here have experience with shock loss after a HT?  I had one on June 12th and am starting to see the transplanted hairs fall out (which of course is normal) but am also seeing noticeable thinning in and around the areas where the transplanted hair was placed.

I know shock loss is something that is a side effect and all accounts I can find are that this can happen and most likely the hair will grow back…I’m just looking for a little reassurance from others who have been through this to see if they had similar reactions after the surgery and if everything went back to normal after the normal waiting period?

IGNORE

bigluke

Rank

Total Posts: 19

# 1 ]

July 04, 2012, 11:54 AM

hey man I just had a HT on June 11th at Dr. Cooley’s office. This was my second procedure, the first I did not seem to shock as much..But I’m having some loss this time. The reason for this is where the transplants are located..all over my head, 2300. Last time they were placed in the balding front, where I did not have much hair at all…so the risk for shock was much less…I think I recal OMG saying he even had a little shockloss on his procedure. It is very normal so don’t get alarmed and stress because that might trigger TE and make things much worse. I would get on Nids supplements, a laserhelmet, and some sort of topical like Zix. That along with a good diet and peaceful mind should help alot. You may get better much quicker, but for me by say January, you are gonna be loving your new hair and it feels AMAZING!!Are you getting any tingling sensations on your scalp, or dry sclp?...kinda like dandruff?

IGNORE

Tritium

RankRank

Total Posts: 44

# 2 ]

July 06, 2012, 12:26 PM

From what I’ve read in other posts on this forum the best thing you can do is nuke your with a laser helmet. Note, use it for much longer than you would for normal hair loss sessions and don’t let the bristles or helmet touch the skin in this case.

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/89

Tritium

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.