Vellus Hair Battle

Share/Bookmark

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

July 12, 2012, 07:04 PM

Alright, so I get that some of us have gotten some vellus hairs to appear due to our hair loss efforts, but what’s next? We really need them to become terminal for it to really make a difference in our hair appearance. In addition, there have been a few success stories, and the guys with these amazing results say they first saw vellus hairs and then later they really got the results they wanted. So I’m thinking we are on the right track, but I want a discussion to be opened up to see if we can figure out a vellus hair protocol. 

Vellus hairs are basically miniaturized versions of once terminal hair at an active follicle. Miniaturization occurs due to lack of keratin being produced by hair stem cells, DHT inhibition, lack of nutrients essential for growth, less blood flow, the natural aging process, excess sebum, obstruction of the hair shaft at the follicle site, etc..

So let’s attack all these problems! Here’s what I think can be done. Maybe y’all have some additional suggestions, and I’m sure a lot of these things have been mentioned before or are cross therapeutic (having multiple actions i.e. removing sebum at the site of the hair follicle will allow laser light penetration and remove junk to allow for thicker hair). I’ll just list out everything I can think of right now, and maybe we can get somewhere.

1.) LLLT
- I’ve been told laser photons interfere with the binding of the DHT molecule to the stem cell receptors that control keratin production (DHT binding turns them off); these photons knock off the DHT molecules according to the physicist that I talked to about this.
- LLLT also dramatically increases bio stimulation (the cells will work better) and circulation (the cells are getting more nutrition)

2.) Enzyme Peels
- for excess sebum/debri at the hair follicle

3.) Polysorbate 80
- for excess sebum/debri at the follicle

4.) Dermarolling
- for better penetration of hair loss topical medicine
- hopefully by using the right amount of medicine, one can lower the concentration of DHT in the scalp

5.) Eating a lot of Vegetables
- acquire necessary nutrients, enzymes, cofactors, vitamins, etc for optimal production of keratin

6.) Shampoo Masks (I’m “wearing” one now!)
- use an herbal shampoo daily, but 1-3 times a week, apply the shampoo and leave it in for a couple of hours before washing it out.
- the shampoo I’m using is organic, has nutrients for hair growth, and even has a compound for increased blood flow (my scalp is warm and tingly right now)
- a lot of hair loss shampoos are great, but they only stay in for at most 1-3 minutes. This isn’t enough time for the active ingredients to really work in my opinion

7.) Apple Cider Vinegar Wash
- for excess sebum
- gives the scalp optimal pH for growth
- might kill microbes and fungus if present

8.) Emu oil
- anti-DHT
- makes other products penetrate
- great for before LLLT

9.) Scalp Massage
- increased circulation
- needs to be done daily

10.) An amazing topical for hair loss
- I use revivogen

I’m also wondering if retinol would be good to use a couple of times a week. It’s extremely anti-aging and great for cell turnover. Also what about stem cells and vellus hairs? Finally, someone needs to create a daily topical that has vitamins and nutrients for vellus hairs.

Any ways - what do y’all think?

Image Attachments  scalp.jpgvellus.jpghairloss_cycle.jpg

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 1 ]

July 12, 2012, 07:47 PM

I would add
1) Combatting follicular scarring with NAC
2) MSM for prolonging anagen phase, inflammation
3) Biosil for thickening hair shafts
4) Celery seed extract and aerobic/interval workouts to counter high blood pressure.  (Reduce sodium intake as well)
5) Stress.  B Vitamins, dark chocolate, red wine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Maca, and just learn to chill out and de-stress.
6) Good sleep
7) Maintain proper bf% (10-14% optimum health range).  Below you get serious abs but you may be too low to be sustainably healthy.  Too high and you get fat and produce too much estrogen as a result.  The idea is to keep the muscle to fat mass ratio of a fit 20 year old guy.  This should help keep your Test to Estrogen ratio right.
8) Add caffeine to shampoo.  This helps with anti-dht
9) Add CoQ10 when over 35
10) Tailor your diet to be anti-inflammatory
11) Ginkgo Biloba and Bilberry for increasing capillary network

IGNORE

tanner84

RankRank

Total Posts: 105

# 2 ]

July 13, 2012, 07:18 PM

Sounds like all good things smile Thanks

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.