thinking of dropping all dht inhibitors

Share/Bookmark

Luke

Rank

Total Posts: 15

August 01, 2012, 07:25 AM

I just don’t think it’s healthy for any human. 
I only use the beta sitosterol/saw palmetto mixed into my zix, but all this time i’ve cursed myself for even thinking of taking propecia years ago, I somehow missed the fact i was applying a dht inhibitor topically.
I realise the effects may be negligible/non existent systemically but I really don’t like the idea of messing with hormones.
I’m not preaching, I know everyone has done their research, I would just like to see some discussion on the subject from you guy’s.
cheers

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

August 05, 2012, 09:35 PM

Concerning topical Saw Palmetto and Beta sitosterol in zix. I personally think your concerns are unfounded. If we assume that all of it enters systemic circulation you would still only be receiving a total of 1-2 daily doses in your body over a month.

Of course to assume full absorption is ridiculous. Most of it never leaves your scalp. Only a fraction enters the follicles. That’s whats great about topicals. We can use very little of a compound because we are targeting exacltly where it goes.

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 2 ]

August 06, 2012, 07:12 AM

Completely agree with this. As a cancer survivor I was told I could take NO anti-androgens systemically, but topically was fine, by my complementary health care doctor who really knows this stuff.

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 3 ]

August 08, 2012, 01:10 PM

then why do I get headaches from minoxidil?

I do realize there are transporter into minox, but the same goes for any topical (cause else the topical is useless).

I do agree that topicals are more targeted the oral medication, but I think it is unfair to say there is only minimal absorption. For me the issue with minoxidil proves my point (I don’t use minox anymore for a long time already)

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

August 27, 2012, 09:24 PM

then why do I get headaches from minoxidil?

I do realize there are transporter into minox, but the same goes for any topical (cause else the topical is useless).

I do agree that topicals are more targeted the oral medication, but I think it is unfair to say there is only minimal absorption. For me the issue with minoxidil proves my point (I don’t use minox anymore for a long time already)

It’s a good point you make. Think of it like this however. Suppose 1,000 people took enough oral minoxidil to have the same therapeutic effect as topical 5% minoxidil. What would the systemic side effect profile look like? My guess is that many with a normal blood pressure would end up with a blood pressure that was too low. The point is the number of people that would have systemic side effects would be far greater than if they used topical minoxidil.

You still bring up a good point. We have to look at each substance seperately as well. Minox is a powerful compound. However in general I think almost everyone can get away with treating DHT topically without having any systemic side effects. Can I prove this? No I can’t…..but I still believe this based upon my own observations and feedback from others.

But we have other substances we can extrapolate with as well. If we have poison ivy we could take a benadryl capsule orally and the itch would improve…..unfortuantely we would almost assuredly become very sleepy. However if we use a benadryl lotion we could stop the itching and still not get sleepy. That’s because we used a lot less of the compound because we could target it directly to where we needed it.

We could make the same argument about topical steroid creams like cortisone. That’s why we can buy this over the counter. However taking prednisone orally requires a prescription.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.