PulseDrive Clarification

Share/Bookmark

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

August 11, 2012, 08:11 PM

Hey everyone,

I recently got a question asking about the specific power output of the 5mw lasers when using PulseDrive.

The answer (confirmed by Aixiz) is the laser modules self regulate so will always generate 5mw meaning that if you pulse the lasers you will lose some power in the “off” time. Meaning using your helmet with PulseDrive delivers about half the total energy than with a constant wave lasers.

Interestingly however the stimulation appears to be greater than with constant wave lasers. So it may not be necessary to use your helmets for longer with PulseDrive (I never have).

I have discussed this with OMG and his view is that the stimulation is much greater with the pulsed lasers and he thinks one cycle of 20 minutes is more than sufficient and any more than that would be over stimulation.

So in short we still recommend a single cycle of 20 minutes with PulseDrive

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 1 ]

August 12, 2012, 03:48 PM

Zone - August 11, 2012, 08:11 PM

....Interestingly however the stimulation appears to be greater than with constant wave lasers. So it may not be necessary to use your helmets for longer with PulseDrive (I never have).

On what basis do you conclude that the stimulation is greater?  In any event, I’ve been using the PulseDrive for about five months now, using the same twenty minute (three times per week) regimen that I used with my helmet before I purchased the drive.  Nothing positive or negative to report to this point, so we’ll see what happens as the months go on…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 2 ]

August 12, 2012, 09:46 PM

It’s my understanding that getting a very specific range of energy (joules/cm^2) to the scalp is the key to to stimulating hair growth with LLLT, correct?  So, even though there may be anecdotal reports of improved stimulation with Pulse Drive, we are still only getting half of that energy - correct?

If that’s the case, it only seems sensible to double the treatment sessions (either back to back or 6 days/week) with the Pulse Drive.

Please correct me if I’m wrong here. 

Thanks,
TG

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 3 ]

August 13, 2012, 05:34 PM

Also,

If I wanted to experiment with both constant wave and pulsed LLLT, can I rig the power supply that comes with the Pulse Drive to connect directly to my helmet with some male/female wire connectors?  I’m assuming the white wire is positive (+) and the black is (-), in regards to the wires going from the power supply to the pulse drive?

Thanks.

IGNORE

jkenn

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 4 ]

August 13, 2012, 11:47 PM

Does anyone know the time of the laser sessions that Gaunitz patients went through?

IGNORE

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

# 5 ]

August 14, 2012, 05:22 AM

If you follow the calculation of optimal light stimulation this doesn’t make sense to me..
Yeah the pulse might make it more efficient, but the stimulation time will be less, no matter how you twist it.

So if the optimal stimulation time will be 20 minutes, how can it be that 20 minutes is still optimal, and more will causeoverstimulation..

Anyhow, to much unclarity in this. Time will tell..

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

August 14, 2012, 05:46 AM

Hey guys,

I will try to answer your questions.

Firstly Rosariorose9,
The stimulation that you feel is subjective and differs for one person to the next and some people are more sensitive than others and feel the effect more than others. The feedback that I have been given is that people who “use” to feel stimulated from constant wave helmets now “feel” that stimulation again with PulseDrive.

TrueGround
Yes mate that is correct for constant wave lasers however when you introduce pulsed light the biological effects change. For the following reasons (These are not my statements):

“The majority of the pulsed light sources used for LLLT use frequencies in the 2.5–10,000 Hz range. This observation suggests that there may be fundamental frequencies existing in biological systems and the application of pulsed light either at those frequencies or harmonics thereof may help to induce additional biostimulation effects.

Additionally there is the possibility that one mechanism of action of LLLT on a cellular level is the photodissociation of nitric oxide from a protein binding site such as those found in cyctochrome c oxidase. If this process occurs it is likely that the nitric oxide would rebind to the same site even in the presence of continuous light. Therefore if the light was pulsed multiple photodissociation events could occur, while in CW mode the number of dissociations may be much smaller.”

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 7 ]

August 14, 2012, 06:43 AM

Thanks John,

I definitely don’t doubt that pulsed LLLT brings something potentially great for hair growth to the table.  I would like to be able to fool around with both constant wave and the 3 modes on PD though - as a long-term plan to avoid “adaptation”.

So, can we use the Pulse Drive power source and directly connect it to our helmets for Constant Wave therapy?  There will definitely be months that I want to change things up, in hopes of even better stimulation.

Thanks again,
TG

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

August 14, 2012, 07:25 AM

Hey TG,

Sorry missed that question the first time.

While 8V is within the operational parameters of the diodes I wouldn’t recommend using the PulseDrive power adaptor to drive the lasers directly mate. When pulsing the diodes the RMS voltage of the power adaptor is still only around 4V take pulsing out of the equation and its 8V.

Cheers,
John.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 9 ]

August 15, 2012, 02:01 PM

Thanks, John.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.